Defenseman

HEIGHT: 6' 4"

WEIGHT: 220

Shoots: Left

In 28 career NHL games:

1 career NHL point.

28 career NHL PIM

+/- of 0.

So we got another big left handed D man. Why? Is this guy supposed to be a filler for Hamilton or something while we have Carle?

They probably decided that Carle needs to stay in the NHL and they picked this guy up to fill his spot in Hamilton.

If you pick a guy off waivers doesnt he have to be put on the team roster???I was under the impression this is the case and the guy cannot be assigned to the minors.

Our most underrated player on our team was claimed off waivers.

Glen Metro

Yes, but Metro was more or less an established NHLer - the last time he spent any time in the minors was 2002 for a short stint.

Leach is a career AHLer. 28 games in the NHL at age 30? I really dont see him cracking our lineup, even with these injuries.

As someone mentioned earlier, my guess is the plan is to let him play for the Dogs & then we can keep one of the guys up here & not leave them shorthanded.

If he manages to prove me wrong & crack our lineup & contribute, I will happy eat crow. I dont see it happening though.

Yes and then you send him down to Hamilton.

Wouldnt he then have to clear waivers again??? :blink:

Its on TSN ice chips now...

Montreal Canadiens

The team claimed Jay Leach off re-entry waivers from the Devils and placed Alex Henry on waivers. - TSN

I'm not sure of Henry's status. I suspect he has to clear waivers to be brought back up to the team. This is getting confusing.

Montreal Canadiens

The team claimed Jay Leach off re-entry waivers from the Devils and placed Alex Henry on waivers. - TSN

I'm not sure of Henry's status. I suspect he has to clear waivers to be brought back up to the team. This is getting confusing.

Very confusing.

Montreal Canadiens

I'm assuming he would but who's going to pick him up.

I'm assuming he would but who's going to pick him up.

I think we need Wayne in here with his CBA expertise. ;)

For some reason i'm under the impression that if you pick a guy off waivers he has to be given a roster spot and you cant rewaive the guy for a certain period of time. If anybody can clarify or confirm that,,,,please educate us. ;)

He was claimed on recall waivers, so he cannot be sent down. He'll be joining the Canadiens.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/23777

So he was claimed on recall waivers which means the Devils were trying to call him up and are now responsible for half his wages,,,,correct??

So he was claimed on recall waivers which means the Devils were trying to call him up and are now responsible for half his wages,,,,correct??

Interesting. I didnt realize it was re-entry waivers.

Maybe he's a late bloomer. If he's even a capable #7 guy it would be worth it I guess.

One thing I really like is that while he has great size, he's apparently not a great fighter - but that didnt stop him from getting into it with Chris Neil over a bad hit on a Devils teammate: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/54066

They probably decided that Carle needs to stay in the NHL and they picked this guy up to fill his spot in Hamilton.

This better be the case because if Carle gets sent down for this guy then Gainey should start to worry about his job security.

Archived