Game #18 - Calgary @ Montreal

Flying_Lion

calgary-flames-logo.png@ mtl.png

Tuesday, March 10th, 2009
7:30PM ET

yulra_phototour06.jpg

at the Bell Centre.

gdt091110.png

I’m not at all sure if Halak’s starting. I was going to put both Price and Halak in to cover my arse but I couldn’t be bothered to look up the stats for the Flames’ backup goaltender (for the balance I was looking for :D:lol::rolleyes: ).

For what it’s worth, Price’s stats are: 3-7-0, .894 SV% (34th), and 3.30 GAA (36th).

Otherwise, all stats and rankings should be accurate prior to Monday night’s games.

Hopefully we’ll see some of this …

images-4.jpg

and lots of these …

images-3.jpg

GO HABS GO!!!

Habs MN is 136.

Its been a discouraging season so far to say the least. I live in Calgary, so we HAVE to win. More importantly lets hope for a victory followed by a winning streak to push us over and above the .500 mark.

I hope Cammalleri scores a hat trick :D. I'll be watching the game with a house full of Flames fans (including my girlfriend) so wish me luck guys :huh:

Ok .....Let's leave the goaltender in net.....Price/Halak out of this....for the time being.

Want to start seeing an improve offensive game for a change here......START SCORING SOME DAMM GOALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :angry:

We have some players that indeed .......must crank it up....and they know who they are.

And better overall defensive support wouldn't hurt also. ;)

Give our netminder some team support out there....for a change.....sighhhhhhhhhh

Let's go out there,play 3 periods,consistant offensivly/defensivly hard in-your-face hockey.

Lets go habs.....time to shift it into high gears.....enough is enough....just bring it. :D

GoHabsGO!

Gionta and Cammalleri have 14 out of our teams 42 goals. That's 33%. 2 out 18 players. Top line guys are suppose to be high scoring, but those stats are sad. Mostly, because I'd be happy if they had 33% of 60, with 10 goals each but with a combined 14 goals, the team has scored only 42 goals.

We are terrible in our own zone, at the very least we should be scoring 3-4 goals a game. Right now it's 2.47 GPG. With Price's GAA at 3.3 and Halak's at 2.85, we are extremely lucky to be 8-9.

The game against Calgary needs to result in 4 goals for our side, because the Flames will definitely exploit our D/goalies for 3.

If Andrei Kostitsyn scores a hat trick, I think Sergei K should be sent into the crowd at the bell center next game to BEG for hats. Imagine the comedy.

#21 does his part too :P;)

:lol: You are so correct...by not adding his name along with Camm's was an injustice :lol::D

7 Goals for those 2.....then the scoring drops down to 4-2 goals for our other offensive players.

My point...like to see some secondary line scoring.....along with Camm/Giont.

Plek/A.K./pac/....you get the idea.......more scoring goals needed.

I hope they start Price in nets. That's the only way everyone will see his & BG's true value to the franchise. (It'll be 10 - 33 post game time)

The Flames will score 3 or more goals & our "big" line will be the only ones to do any damage........but will fall short.

Flames will win this one.

of course he will start if halak is still injured...you know halak injured himself right, thats why price got the start in boston...

of course he will start if halak is still injured...you know halak injured himself right, thats why price got the start in boston...

The problem with BG's meddling over the last few years with his "goaltender situation" (Theodore: after signing that fat contract whose play fell off dramatically thereafter) when coaches tried to pull the stone-cold goalie, they either were shown the door or threaten with it (Julien / Carbo). You begin to question the injuries mgmt says Halak has.

Frankly, I don't care who plays nets......what I care about is winning........I do not want this franchise to slip into the same comfortable position the Make-Me-Laffs have had over the last 42 years .....when fans don't push the ownership....that ownership will serve them medicority.......

Five year plans are fine.....but don't play the fans for fools....even Toronto (Hogg Town) recognized that & got rid of JFJ

Play Price every game I say......Halak injured or not....that's the only way there will be enough evidence for the fan to have to make their own conclusion.

Then everyone can move on & get to the business of what a team is supposed to do.......WIN

Its been a discouraging season so far to say the least. I live in Calgary, so we HAVE to win. More importantly lets hope for a victory followed by a winning streak to push us over and above the .500 mark.

I hope Cammalleri scores a hat trick :D. I'll be watching the game with a house full of Flames fans (including my girlfriend) so wish me luck guys :huh:

It REALLY sucks to have your best girl rooting for the "other" team, been there, done that. BTW, she's a T.O. fan, but, I hope to bring her over to the right side.

The problem with BG's meddling over the last few years with his "goaltender situation" (Theodore: after signing that fat contract whose play fell off dramatically thereafter) when coaches tried to pull the stone-cold goalie, they either were shown the door or threaten with it (Julien / Carbo). You begin to question the injuries mgmt says Halak has.

Frankly, I don't care who plays nets......what I care about is winning........I do not want this franchise to slip into the same comfortable position the Make-Me-Laffs have had over the last 42 years .....when fans don't push the ownership....that ownership will serve them medicority.......

Five year plans are fine.....but don't play the fans for fools....even Toronto (Hogg Town) recognized that & got rid of JFJ

Play Price every game I say......Halak injured or not....that's the only way there will be enough evidence for the fan to have to make their own conclusion.

Then everyone can move on & get to the business of what a team is supposed to do.......WIN

You have said (eloquently, I might add), my thoughts exactly.

I hope they start Price in nets. That's the only way everyone will see his & BG's true value to the franchise. (It'll be 10 - 33 post game time)

The Flames will score 3 or more goals & our "big" line will be the only ones to do any damage........but will fall short.

How do you even get away with calling yourself a fan? It just blows my mind some of the things you say...

The bolded part above. You actually "hope" that they start price, but not because you want him to do well. You actually want him to do poorly, and for our team to lose. For what, I might add?

I am starting to think you are either Halak's agent trying to hope Price fails to promote your own client or

you are hired by the Leafs to cause controversy in this forum and turn fans against each other.

The game hasn't even started and there is no support for Price, you should be ashamed to call yourself a fan.

I am starting to think you are either Halak's agent trying to hope Price fails to promote your own client or

you are hired by the Leafs to cause controversy in this forum and turn fans against each other.

The game hasn't even started and there is no support for Price, you should be ashamed to call yourself a fan.

If he was hired by the Leafs he probably would have said that the Leafs are only 2 and a half games behind us in points with two games in hand...

Oh, wait..oops :)

Archived