The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jay Leach

sorry but again an other d in the team that we are taking in lieu of all the great prospect we have and all the other great d we let go....still don't get it....PK, weber, carl and co will never get the chance to prove if they are only getting 2-3 games to show what they can really do....and even when our youngster are making the line-up they are either getting very limited ice time or even playing on the 4th line as a forward....simply don't get it

30 years old according to the following

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=35553

29 NHL games played

Much like MAB , there must be a reason why at 30 he's only played in 29 NHL games

I can't see him suddenly becoming a regular NHL D man by simply donning the sweater of the HABS

This pick up is puzzling

Why not give some younster the experience

Heck why not ask Dandenault if he's interested in playing in the NHL ......or even Brisebois

Maybe I am the only one, but I kind of like this guy so far. Saw him win a few battles against Hanzel (huge man), Doan (big boy)...sure he's not fast but can't say he coughed up the puck too often tonight and game #2 he fights their big man to protect our guys??? hmmm I don't mind him.....YET!!!

30 years old according to the following

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=35553

29 NHL games played

Much like MAB , there must be a reason why at 30 he's only played in 29 NHL games

I can't see him suddenly becoming a regular NHL D man by simply donning the sweater of the HABS

This pick up is puzzling

Why not give some younster the experience

Heck why not ask Dandenault if he's interested in playing in the NHL ......or even Brisebois

I don't think JM thinks any of the young guys are ready and/or big enough with our two giant dmen out. We lose battles in the corner all the time since the start of season. I don't think JM brought him in as a solution, just a temp fix. I am betting he swaps young guys in and out until our defence is healthy. A little experience is good, putting the hopes on their shoulders before they are ready, IMO is not good.

Sums it up nicely: the guy came in and did what we needed him too but I would much rather see Carle in for either him or Bergeron.

bergeron had a damn good game tonight against phoenix...but i like this leach, he made some solid plays tonight, but i do agree that i would rather see carle out there

game #2 he fights their big man to protect our guys??? hmmm I don't mind him.....YET!!!is not good.

This was a really nice move by him.

I think he could be a serviceable, stay at home dman. He does the little things right & gets the job done.

Thats said, like weep mentioned, im not sure why we'd choose to play him over belle etc, although I suppose at 1/2 price he's still a better deal than our youngsters on entry level contracts - but I dont think we're in that much cap trouble...

Nothing special and doesn't bring any more to the table than what one of our younger guys could do. Also, his fight reminded me of Kostopoulos which definitely isn't a good thing.

he uses his size better thanCarle and isw a better skater than Belle. Two solid games hopefully more to come.

Belle is a great skater.

This was a really nice move by him.

I think he could be a serviceable, stay at home dman. He does the little things right & gets the job done.

Thats said, like weep mentioned, im not sure why we'd choose to play him over belle etc, although I suppose at 1/2 price he's still a better deal than our youngsters on entry level contracts - but I dont think we're in that much cap trouble...

I will say it again, I would rather let them get better in the AHL. I hate hurrying the young guys. Belle is not that young but I was not impressed with him at all. Until this guy hurts us why not keep him in. We need toughness big time....maybe Belle too because if I remember he is a big kid too. I liked Carle but he is 6' 205 lbs but doesn't play a physical game. Until we have meat back in the lineup...my opinion keep him in unless he becomes a liabilityl

I didn't get why he dropped the gloves in the first. I know he wants to be noticed, but the Coyotes player just gave Lats (I think) a bodycheck. why the need to drop them (and he looked worse than Tom K ever did on that fight) :o

I don't care how bad he looked...bottom line is he dropped the gloves. When players look up and down the bench and challenge anyone to a fight anytime anywhere just to come see them (Iggie in Calgary) shows that everyone sees our team as soft. Sure it can be argued that losing a fight badly still shows we are soft but I would much rather go down fighting. Heck one lucky punch will make teams think twice.

Archived