The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Is The Worst Player In The Nhl?

badandy_mtl

we all know that crosby, or ovechehkin ect are probably the best players in the nhl, but who is the worst active player in the nhl? If you were picking teams, who would be the last player you would pick and why. Base your decision upon salary and pt production. You get what you pay for sort of thing and expectations and time served. my opinion is for latendresse. he has had lots of time to prove himself but to no avail. A close second would be danial briere. He is by no means the worst player but for the money he is not even close. his plus minus the last few yrs has been horrible not to mention his point prod. has decreased since he went to philly, but for the money he is paid he should be doing a whole lot more.

all thoughts welcome

we all know that crosby, or ovechehkin ect are probably the best players in the nhl, but who is the worst active player in the nhl? If you were picking teams, who would be the last player you would pick and why. Base your decision upon salary and pt production. You get what you pay for sort of thing and expectations and time served. my opinion is for latendresse. he has had lots of time to prove himself but to no avail. A close second would be danial briere. He is by no means the worst player but for the money he is not even close. his plus minus the last few yrs has been horrible not to mention his point prod. has decreased since he went to philly, but for the money he is paid he should be doing a whole lot more.

all thoughts welcome

Not that Lats has been particularly amazing this year, but if you're taking salaries into considerarion he's not even close to being the worst value (or even bad value). There are minimal expectations given the amount we pay him, unfortunately he's just not exceding them.

As for my opinion, I'm going to steal DA_Champion's picks and go with DiPietro (in terms of wasting his owner's money) and Giguere (in terms of wasting cap hit, not playing particularly well when he does play and now whining about it)

all thoughts welcome

A former hab's player from last year, may be?

Guess who

Ko....

...ivu?

...valev?

...misarek? :rolleyes:

There's no "Worst player" as so many go up and down through the AHL, there may however be a player with the "worst value" given their contract.

In that sense, I'd pick Christobal Huet, Giguere, Dipietro as a few who com to mind.

I'm not arguing if (or if not) Huet is worth 5.6 Million. But worst value in the league?? I can bet I can find at least one player on each of the leagues 30 rosters, that will have one player that brings to his team less than what Christo brings to the Hawks.

A #1 goaltender, with a 7-4 record in 2009 (2.21 GAA, .901 save%) and a 20-15 record in 2008 (2.53 GAA, .91 save%). Extra ordinary stats? HELL NO! he is capable of waaaay better as we all know here and in Washington. But WORST VALUE in the league? not even close. There is no way to measure this, but I'd say about 40% of the contracts in the league are worse than Cristo's.

I'll pick 3 random teams right now and go check NHLPA.com for their player salaries; then list theier 3 worst contracts IMO. Then you judge if Huet's is worse than those.

Here I go: Philadelphia, Calgary, Phoenix (I didn't cheat, just randomly picked the first three teams that came to mind :D )

Philadelphia:

Briere---$8M

Timmonen---$7M

Hartnell---$4.2M

Calgary:

Jokinen---$5.5M

Langkow-$4.2M

Bouwmeester---$7M

Phoenix:

Ed Jovonoki---$6M

*Phoenix is a rebuilding team, let me pick another one, ummm....why do they have a team called "Texas Stars" on NHLPA.com? :blink:

http://nhlpa.com/Players/Compensation/default.aspx )

ok forget Texas Stars..let's talk about Dallas stars:

Brad Richards---$7.8M

I'm not arguing if (or if not) Huet is worth 5.6 Million. But worst value in the league?? I can bet I can find at least one player on each of the leagues 30 rosters, that will have one player that brings to his team less than what Christo brings to the Hawks.

A #1 goaltender, with a 7-4 record in 2009 (2.21 GAA, .901 save%) and a 20-15 record in 2008 (2.53 GAA, .91 save%). Extra ordinary stats? HELL NO! he is capable of waaaay better as we all know here and in Washington. But WORST VALUE in the league? not even close. There is no way to measure this, but I'd say about 40% of the contracts in the league are worse than Cristo's.

I'll pick 3 random teams right now and go check NHLPA.com for their player salaries; then list theier 3 worst contracts IMO. Then you judge if Huet's is worse than those.

Here I go: Philadelphia, Calgary, Phoenix (I didn't cheat, just randomly picked the first three teams that came to mind :D )

Philadelphia:

Briere---$8M

Timmonen---$7M

Hartnell---$4.2M

Calgary:

Jokinen---$5.5M

Langkow-$4.2M

Bouwmeester---$7M

Phoenix:

Ed Jovonoki---$6M

*Phoenix is a rebuilding team, let me pick another one, ummm....why do they have a team called "Texas Stars" on NHLPA.com? :blink:

http://nhlpa.com/Players/Compensation/default.aspx )

Brad Richards---$7.8M

And millionaires all of them. Ahh....... the North American dream. :lol:

Within' our system it's definitely Kyle Chipchura.

Kid had a few chances blew every single one of them.

What a waste of draft pick that kid turned out to be.

Really??? i think chippy sat in the ahl wayyy to long and rotted away, just like poggee did. Chippy was the former captain of the junior team and played really well, he showed lots of promise and play making ability.

I think the worst on our team would have to be a tie Between Hal cant skate gill and Laraque.

Worst in the NHL would have to be DePietro with his hugge contract.

Within' our system it's definitely Kyle Chipchura.

Kid had a few chances blew every single one of them.

What a waste of draft pick that kid turned out to be.

considering he's not even 25 and hasnt played a full season in the nhl... thats a bit of a silly thing to say. hes strong on the puck and gritty, I like him alot.

scott gomez is by far the most overpaid player.

Brad Richards---$7.8M

the ahl team are the texas stars i think.

and brad richards is an absolute beast this year. he does alot of things right and is worth around that much. 5-6 area. still overpaid though.

considering he's not even 25 and hasnt played a full season in the nhl... thats a bit of a silly thing to say. hes strong on the puck and gritty, I like him alot.

The thing is.... he will never play a full season in the NHL.

If he does, man oh man that team would be in big time trouble.

Archived