The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Glorious 2000-2001 Habs

squ1g33

The sad thing is, I would take this team over what we currently have.

# Player Name GP G A Pts PIM +/-

11 Saku Koivu 54 17 30 47 40 2

32 Oleg Petrov 81 17 30 47 24 -11

49 Brian Savage 62 21 24 45 26 -13

26 Martin Rucinsky 57 16 22 38 66 -5

43 Patrice Brisebois 77 15 21 36 28 -31

If your serious, god knows whats wrong with you.

FORWARDS

Saku Koivu - Oleg Petrov - Brian Savage

Martin Rucinsky - Richard Zednik - Craig Darby

Chad Kilger - Jan Bulis - Dainius Zubrus

Jim Campbell - Trevor Linden - Benoit Brunet

Sergei Zholtok

DEFENSE

Patrice Brisebois - Eric Weinrich

Andrei Markov - Karl Dykhuis

Stephane Robidas - Sheldon Souray

Craig Rivet

ROOKIES

Mike Ribeiro

Francis Bouillon

Xavier Delisle

Patrick Traverse

Arron Asham

Jan Bulis

Jason Ward

GOALIES

Jose Theodore

Jeff Hackett

Mathieu Garon

YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME? or am I just stating that I think the 2000/01 version of that Habs is better than what we have now?

Theres definitely something wrong with you.

Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec = that whole team talent wise.

If we didn't had that much of a stubborn GM, we would have rookies like Subban, Weber, Desharnais.

Instead he signs a bunch of 30's years old to fill the blanks and this is what we get.

If we didn't had that much of a stubborn GM, we would have rookies like Subban, Weber, Desharnais.

Instead he signs a bunch of 30's years old to fill the blanks and this is what we get.

because the coach has no say in the GM's moves whatsoever?

because the coach has no say in the GM's moves whatsoever?

Are you even serious with that question ?

Do you think that Jacques Martin is gonna make Bob Gainey look bad by starting rookies instead of guys that Bob signed during the off season?

Bob definitely has the last word on the line up.

And this is why we aren't that competitive.

Because Bob is oldschool playing a new school game.

ANY day of the week!!! ;) Kinda nice isn't it?..., Seeing a Habs roster with no Price on it...love it!!!

I think the Forum mods should start considering a LAW against blatant trolling of our Franchise player. I can hear it on radio stations 'cause those guys are hard up to stir any controversy for ratings, but from a "fan forum"?

How can we call ourselves an intellectual bunch with such outlandish discourse and taste? I would expect this type of comment from some drunk Leafs fan on tsn.ca after a game. Not here.

It;s time for members to learn their place, especially when it comes to Price.

Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec = that whole team talent wise

I'll give you three players with the same talent as the three you mentioned, and with the rest of my payers we will beat your phantoms, since you would choose these three over the whole team.

Gionta = Koivu and or Petrov

Cammalleri = Ribeiro and or Zednick

Plekanec = Bullis and or Savage

Lets not forget Zubrus for good measure as my spare. I named you 2 player that are each equally s good per "star" you claim.

Theres definitely something wrong with you.

Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec = that whole team talent wise.

I agree the only players I'd take out of that roster now would be Koivu, Markov and Souray. Our current team has alot more talent.

I agree the only players I'd take out of that roster now would be Koivu, Markov and Souray. Our current team has alot more talent.

And even then, those players back then were not quite yet the players they eventually developed into. This thread is just strange.

I'll give you three players with the same talent as the three you mentioned, and with the rest of my payers we will beat your phantoms, since you would choose these three over the whole team.

Gionta = Koivu and or Petrov

Cammalleri = Ribeiro and or Zednick

Plekanec = Bullis and or Savage

Lets not forget Zubrus for good measure as my spare. I named you 2 player that are each equally s good per "star" you claim.

The only one that's even somewhat comprehendible is Gionta= Koivu/ Petrov. And even that's quite a stretch, considering that Gionta has scored 48 goals in a season before. On Cammalleri= Ribeiro or Zednick, I'm not even going to comment. Nor am i going to comment on the Pleks comparison.

That team was awful, it was the last remnants of what Rejean Houle left, during that offseason that some free agents of a higher caliber were signed and when I say higher caliber I only mean that relative to what the team had. Also someone mentioned that the forward lineup had Linden, Zubrus, Zednik and Bulis which is impossible since Linden and Zubrus were traded for Zednik and Bulis. As bad as this team was I think the team from the previous year was even worse when the first line was Koivu, Corson and I think Savage and of course Koivu was hurt for 3 quarters of that season. Simply put I would take the current team over that one anyday, personally when this team doesn't do well I think back to those days and realize that it could be and has been a lot worse.

Archived