He's strong

2njiznq.jpg

He can be aggressive

nhl_g_ovechkin-crosby01_500x.jpg

But also funny

Ovechkin1.jpgovechkin_pie.jpg

But especially he is a magnificient hockey player

ovechkin.jpg

Our Habs will try to stop Alex the Great and his Caps, at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., on November 20 at 7 PM ET

interior.jpg

Between the pipes (projected):

Carey Price (5-8-0, SV% 0.906, GAA 2.98)

price.jpg

Semyon Varlamov (8-1-0. SV% 0.911, GAA 2.59)

610x.jpg

Teams Stats:

Montreal Canadiens: 10-11-0 (4-6-0 on the road), 4th in NorthEast Division, 12th in the Eastern Conference. Goals scored: 52 Goals against:61

Washington Capitals: 13-4-4 (7-1-3 at home), 1st in the Eastern Conference. Goals scored: 79 Goals against: 64

Possible Habs Lineup (as team practice on Thursday morning):

Cammalleri-Gomez-Moen
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-White
Pyatt-Metropolit-Laraque

Hamrlik-Spacek
Bergeron-O'Byrne
Gorges-Mara

The question isn't whether we'll win, but how badly we'll lose.

I'll be happy if we don't get blown out.

Look at it this way weeps.....if,like lately price recieves no support offense/defense out there...may be ugly .....I do not expect price to always be depended on game in & game out to bail us out. ;)

Hopefully....not the case.

Here's hoping the team steps up.....team effort needed by all.

Good job Tess! :D

now.. i don't like our odds in this game, even with price in net, ovechkin is one of the best scorers in the league, and plays on one of the top teams in the league. We need to get lucky, that or BGL does something he needs to do and injure ovechkin again,which im sure a lot of people would hate (Hockey pools >_> )

Let's hope Cammy and Gionta Convert big time, whether it be with Moen or Kostytsin.

Id also rather Gorges and O'byrne to play together on one line, and Mara and Bergeon on the other, along with spacek and hammer, the Mara-Bergeon PP d-line has been looking good, and the two are showing some decent chemistry.

Go habs go!

Guest NvidiaN

To me, this will be an interesting test.

As weep mentioned, we probably won't win this one (yes I'm being mildly pessimistic), but I don't think that's the "storyline" to follow. To me, the interesting part of this game will be how Price handles the absurdly high powered offense Washington brings - in THIS game and the NEXT game he plays. I can see Ovechkin or any other number of their players putting on a clinic and making Price look silly...so it'll be interesting to see how he bounces back.

On another note, if we beat Detroit, I'll be satisfied if we don't win another game the rest of the season...just so I can rub it in everyone's face (I live in Detroit).

The question isn't whether we'll win, but how badly we'll lose.

I'll be happy if we don't get blown out.

I too will be happy that we don't get blown out but I will be a lot happy if we win! I am remaining positive here, I think that the boys are going to step it up in this game! I can see us winning this game for sure.

Good job Tess! :D

now.. i don't like our odds in this game, even with price in net, ovechkin is one of the best scorers in the league, and plays on one of the top teams in the league. We need to get lucky, that or BGL does something he needs to do and injure ovechkin again,which im sure a lot of people would hate (Hockey pools >_> )

Let's hope Cammy and Gionta Convert big time, whether it be with Moen or Kostytsin.

Id also rather Gorges and O'byrne to play together on one line, and Mara and Bergeon on the other, along with spacek and hammer, the Mara-Bergeon PP d-line has been looking good, and the two are showing some decent chemistry.

Go habs go!

i hope gionta converts too.... converts his broken foot into a healthy one but it wont happen ;)

----------------------------------------------

we may get a small break. the caps are putting Michal Neuvirth in net (a call up from Hershey) as Théo is sidelined due to personal problems and for some reason they decided to give the net to the callup instead of varlamov. also, semin is out and so are knuble , morrisson, jurcina and laing. laing is a 4th liner but the others are important players for the caps. rookie carlsson was called up from hershey to help them at the blue line.

Archived