The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs - Legends Of Hockey

Dintrox12

Speaking of habs legends ...the following will be in my hometown this week....for a habs legends alumni game vs my Saint-John locals....

Joining Lafleur on the Canadiens alumni roster are Gilbert Dionne, Patrice Brisebois, Richard Sevigny, Karl Dykhuis, Gilbert Delorme, Sergio Momesso, Mario Roberge, Alain Cote, Yves Racine and Serge Boisvert

Speaking of habs legends ...the following will be in my hometown this week....for a habs legends alumni game vs my Saint-John locals....

Joining Lafleur on the Canadiens alumni roster are Gilbert Dionne, Patrice Brisebois, Richard Sevigny, Karl Dykhuis, Gilbert Delorme, Sergio Momesso, Mario Roberge, Alain Cote, Yves Racine and Serge Boisvert

Same roster pretty much as Freddy... my girlfriend won four tickets on the radio last week!

Whooo!

How'd you like the game?

Was pretty good in Fredericton. Racine switched jerseys with one of the local legends for a period and scored a hat trick that period... and the guy he traded with scored off a pass from Lafleur (who I might add can still skate pretty well).

Other memorable moments

-Lafleur tripping a kid constantly at the faceoff before the kids got to play for 5 mins (one of the bigger kids)

-Racine tripping a kid before the faceoff and stickhandling him back to his net and past Sevigny

-Delorme picking up a kid and holding him on the boards for 30 seconds

-Lafleur on a breakaway during the kids game, winding up, shooting wide.... The eyes on that kid could be seen from across the rink

-Legends winning 12-8

-Delorme playing it up to try and get penalties

Just wanted to mention that "The Hockey Sweater" the NFB classic animated by Sheldon Cohen based on the story by Roch Carrier is being celebrated in Montreal tonight through Christmas Eve at Old Montreal's Avenue Art Gallery as part of an exhibition titled Hockey: Our Love Affair. Bob Gainey's daughter Colleen was involved in the exhibition and several original cels from the film are up for sale. I posted a link earlier for "the sweater".

How'd you like the game?

Other memorable moments

-Lafleur tripping a kid constantly at the faceoff before the kids got to play for 5 mins (one of the bigger kids)

-Racine tripping a kid before the faceoff and stickhandling him back to his net and past Sevigny

-Delorme picking up a kid and holding him on the boards for 30 seconds

-Lafleur on a breakaway during the kids game, winding up, shooting wide.... The eyes on that kid could be seen from across the rink

It was a blast ...in bold above....I never laughed so much :lol: .....Lafluer did the same when they had a kids playing here too.....I watched as he was winding up....and bang off the boards ....the kid must have freaked... :lol:

Also...pretty much the same routine they did here too....

As expected Guy Lafleur was crowd favorite....next was Stephane Richer...the figure skater :lol: ...and of course the others were nice to see.

Was surprised to see that Martin Lafleur is on the squad....along side dad.

Game was entertaining...as always they are...been to a few...brings back memories watching the legends out there.

After the game....went to the post game party..where I was able to meet all the legends....have a few pictures taken......of course with #10...my all-time favorite growing up...

Was nice to meet the following players...as I was able to get all their signatures on my stanley cup habs banner...looks awesome hanging in my habs hockey room.....

#10 Guy Lafleur, #32 Mario Roberge, #71 Patrice Brisebois, #28 Karl Dykhuis, #12 Serge Boisvert, #39 Alain Cote, #27 Gilbert Delorme, #36 Sergio Momesso, #45 Gilbert Dionne, #33 Richard Sevigny, #44 Stephane Richer, #21 Bob Kaine, #16 Tom Johnston......And Guy's son,Martin Lafleur.

Archived