Position : Left Wing

Shoots : Left

Height : 6'3"

Weight: 199

Born on : September 29th 1986

Born in : Alfred, ON, Canada

Drafted : Minnesota's 1st round pick, 4th overall in 2005

Acquired : Traded to Montreal on November 23rd 2009

I can recall a lot of posters wanting this guy bad in that draft year,, only to be upset that CB took him ahead of us. They were even more upset and shocked when we picked Price. Well,,,,,now we have the best of both worlds for those guys. :lol:;)

This trade is actually very exciting !

We can all agree that Pouliot's potential is much higher that Latendresse's. And the way Latendresse was playing, almost anything is an upgrade. Now let's hope that a change of atmosphere for this young player, combined with an offensive role will be beneficial for him and our team.

He is currently on IR due to a hand injury, anyone knows when he is expected to be healthy ?

This trade is actually very exciting !

We can all agree that Pouliot's potential is much higher that Latendresse's. And the way Latendresse was playing, almost anything is an upgrade. Now let's hope that a change of atmosphere for this young player, combined with an offensive role will be beneficial for him and our team.

He is currently on IR due to a hand injury, anyone knows when he is expected to be healthy ?

Heard he is supposed to be ready in 2-3 games.

Potential. Speedy. Center or left wing. I like this trade. Pouliot has done far less in the NHL then Latendresse but I still like the trade. The potential upside is far greater with Pouliot. IMO.

Personally I would start Pouliot with Metro or Lapierre. If he works hard. This is the big question mark. Then put him on the 2nd line to temporary replace Gomez. I am considering Pleks to be the current number 1 center in Montreal.

Could turn into a bust. But Latendresse was going down that path this season so why not take a chance on Pouliot to see if he can become the player that was drafted just before Price. Young players like Pyatt, White, Maxwell, S.Kostitsyn, Kristo, and Leblanc could fill the void offensively if Pouliot does not assume a top 6 role with Montreal. Therefore it is worth the risk to trade a 3rd line player for a potential 2nd line player.

Interesting, although I have a suspicion that something isn't quite "right" with the guy. Reason being, we were able to pull away a player who was a top-5 NHL draft pick merely four years ago for a player who is really struggling this season.

Sidenote: hopefully they'll get his Habs profile pic done quick because poor kid looks like a convict on this one

Traditionally, I don't think they do new ones during the year when players are traded. At least, I've never noticed -- I generally only remember seeing players that were traded still wearing their original jersey after they were traded. Could be wrong though.

Archived