The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bell Centre Announcer

romy22

This is from Boone: Michel Lacroix: Traveling. Back on Saturday after a two-game absence.

He'll be back. I love Michel but I also like the new guy the thing is we're all so used to Michel that a new voice is weird and unsettling at first, if this guy stuck around for a while we'd all get used to and like him.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Michel will be back in his seat on Saturday.

Until next time,

Sebastien Goulet (aka the backup)

Sebastien,

I think you did a helluva job filling in for Michel. My 14-year-old noticed it almost immidiately during the Detroit game. It's amazing how much an impact a voice can have. He's actually been a time keeper, for the men's league I referee in, for almost two seasons now and loves it. He is hoping to do this as professional when he gets older.

Good luck to you and your career, Seb!

Sebastien,

Not to take anything away from your calls. You soung great...but knowing Mr. Lcroix is an older man...I was just curious.

Will you be the fulltime replacement when he retires?

As I say...you sound great...just not the familiar voice I was used to hearing doing player intros.

Cheers.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Michel will be back in his seat on Saturday.

Until next time,

Sebastien Goulet (aka the backup)

Thanks for taking the time to post. Very good job, replacing what I would consider to be one of the very best. Not an easy situation, but you made it a seemless transition.

Very classy, and much appreciated.

John

Will you be the fulltime replacement when he retires?

Nothing is guaranteed. You're only as good as the last game you worked.

I sure hope so, but we'll see when time comes. Michel is in excellent shape and - I believe - still has many, many years to go behind the mike.

How did you stumble apon this position?

I was approached by the Game Presentation department right before my first ever professional gig in Montreal, for the now-defunct Montreal Express of the National Lacrosse League. They asked me if I ever did hockey (which I did, in Sherbrooke, for many years) and offered me to come the following night to see how the show goes.

I've been Mr. Lacroix's backup since. I did my first NHL game on Feb. 7th, 2002. A 1-0 shutout win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Theo in nets. Lonely goal by number 27... Shaun Van Allen!

I was approached by the Game Presentation department right before my first ever professional gig in Montreal, for the now-defunct Montreal Express of the National Lacrosse League. They asked me if I ever did hockey (which I did, in Sherbrooke, for many years) and offered me to come the following night to see how the show goes.

I've been Mr. Lacroix's backup since. I did my first NHL game on Feb. 7th, 2002. A 1-0 shutout win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Theo in nets. Lonely goal by number 27... Shaun Van Allen!

Have to love a Van Allen reference!! :) haha, so how did you get into the Announcing Business, even at a local level? I'm very interested in being an announcer, although I know it takes a special voice to do so :)

Have to love a Van Allen reference!! :) haha, so how did you get into the Announcing Business, even at a local level? I'm very interested in being an announcer, although I know it takes a special voice to do so :)

I simply started working for my local minor hockey organization... that got me into doing tournament finals, which got me noticed for the QMJHL gig.

You have a really good voice for it Goulz like I said it's just when you're immediately replacing someone who everyone is so used to hearing at first it's just a bit offsetting but I like your big booming voice and I really respect that you didn't just try and mimic Michel, you did your own thing which is important.

I'm sorry...I don't know the gentleman's name...but what happened to the guy who does the penalty box/goal annoucements.

I love his delivery...and having heard him live...think he brings a lot to the atmosphere at the BC.

It wouldn't have surprised me if he was on the IR along with Markov, Gionta, Gill, Spacek and Gomez.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived