The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jersey Discussion Thread

Guest Carey_Price

Guest Carey_Price

I'm about to get my first habs jersey. I was originally going to get a cammy jersey but now i'm second guessing, I love the guy but i also LOVE price, pleks, Andrei kostitsyn, gorges and pacioretty. More importantly, I have NO CLUE which jersey size to get. I'm 5'7 and only weigh 140 pounds. I'm thinking large but I may be wrong....Help!

PS: Don't mention Markov, i'm getting a jersey with his name soooon enough.

Edit: I want someone who will be on this team for a few years, cammy and price seem like good options, I'd love a pleks jersey but idk if he'll sign with us this year, I'm sure a contender team would love him and he'd possibly love them back.

It has been my experience don't buy a jersey with a players name on it. The two times i bought jerseys with players names on it was A) I was going to my first game at the Montreal Forum in 1995... so i bought a Roy jersey... 1 week later he was traded, i was so embarrassed waring the jersey to the game.

After that disaster i built up my courage to buy another jersey this time with T-Bo on it... again traded within a week

It has been my experience don't buy a jersey with a players name on it. The two times i bought jerseys with players names on it was A) I was going to my first game at the Montreal Forum in 1995... so i bought a Roy jersey... 1 week later he was traded, i was so embarrassed waring the jersey to the game.

After that disaster i built up my courage to buy another jersey this time with T-Bo on it... again traded within a week

So....when are you getting your Laraque jersey? :lol:

So....when are you getting your Laraque jersey? :lol:

and please dont get a Price one

When i was in high school everyone told me to get a Brisebois Jersey lol

Personaly I have a Dryden jersey (On the Red "Vintage" Jersey from a few years ago) and a Newsy Lalonde (On the 1909 jersey)

My Next Jersey is either going to be Roy 33 or Gainey 23. I have my Koivu one already and I'll wear it with pride till it's worn to pieces, he was an exemplary captain and what he may have lacked in talent or linemates, he made up for with his heart, pride and commitment to the CH. Koivu will always be my Childhood Idol.

anyways i rambled but I went with XXL, for comfort, I can fit into an XL but it's not as comfortable as I'd like a jersey to be, you should go medium though, as you're quite small (no offense.) I'm on the somewhat larger side at 6'7" and 275lbs, much lighter than I was when I bought the jersey though. :) haha

I'd go with either Richard, Richard or Lafleur. if you have to go current Cammallerri or Gionta is what I would go. possibly Gorges (I'm biased though.)

I got a XXL Kovalev jersey last year. XXL only because of my size (lets just say I'm working down to an XL pretty quickly :D)

I agree though, I got the Kovi jersey (why I don't know) at the last regular season game last season thinking "Gainey will sign him back on for sure!"

Bah!

Next time it's a Roy, Lafleur (seeing him skate the other day makes me want one), or Richard

I'm about to get my first habs jersey. I was originally going to get a cammy jersey but now i'm second guessing, I love the guy but i also LOVE price, pleks, Andrei kostitsyn, gorges and pacioretty. More importantly, I have NO CLUE which jersey size to get. I'm 5'7 and only weigh 140 pounds. I'm thinking large but I may be wrong....Help!

PS: Don't mention Markov, i'm getting a jersey with his name soooon enough.

Edit: I want someone who will be on this team for a few years, cammy and price seem like good options, I'd love a pleks jersey but idk if he'll sign with us this year, I'm sure a contender team would love him and he'd possibly love them back.

Last year, I got a price jersey and i was 5"2 , i got a size 48 and it was half-way down to my quads. so if you want to just wear it around, just get around 48 (medium) or if you want to play with it on get a large around size 50 ( does that help? )

you will float in a large jersey if you are only 140Lbs and it will look like a dress on you if you are only 5'7"

Just sayin.

Unless you plan to wear it over your winter jacket. :mellow:

Actually that's what I was going to say... I tend to buy em bigger cos I like to fit them over a hoodie or jacket. Specially if I'm actually playing on an outdoor rink.

I think you're pretty safe with a Price and/or Cammarelli jersey. Unless something real big comes along, I don't see us getting rid of these guys anytime soon.

I'm 5'11" and I bought a medium (48) Cammalleri jersey this summer. It's still a bit too big for me as I also weigh arond 135/140 lbs. These new RBK jerseys seem to be bigger than the old ones. I had a medium CCM jersey before...that fit me perfectly.

I miss those old CCM/Maska jerseys.

Actually, there's a shop kind of on the corner of Sherbrooke and Decaire (south of Sherbrooke) who still sells the CCM ones, with numbers and names for around $100.

my 2 cents.... its YOUR jersey ok?? you can do what you would like with it.. a few years ago I bought 2 jerseys for my wife and I. I put 92 on the back (the yr we were married) and our name . It was great.. but with the 100th ann and the all star game I wanted the crests as well.. well she pulled a fast one and put the "C" on on hers and the "A" on mine.. its gets a few laughs but its worth it.

as well I bought my dad his 1st Habs jersey last yr as well. He wanted the 9 on the back with our name on it. Some ppl might have a difficult time with that, when he was younger it was his number as well, so why not.

whoever you put on.. never mind all the trades and stuff its the player you like and show it!

Enjoy!

my 2 cents.... its YOUR jersey ok?? you can do what you would like with it.. a few years ago I bought 2 jerseys for my wife and I. I put 92 on the back (the yr we were married) and our name . It was great.. but with the 100th ann and the all star game I wanted the crests as well.. well she pulled a fast one and put the "C" on on hers and the "A" on mine.. its gets a few laughs but its worth it.

as well I bought my dad his 1st Habs jersey last yr as well. He wanted the 9 on the back with our name on it. Some ppl might have a difficult time with that, when he was younger it was his number as well, so why not.

whoever you put on.. never mind all the trades and stuff its the player you like and show it!

Enjoy!

LOL that's great.

why do they wear so many different jerseys this season

Keep it red, keep it white

Enough is Enough

Continuing from last season...all the woop haw regarding 100yrs Bicentennial ....

Next season.....we will not see them again...and I suspect not for some time.....even though I thought this was all so cool......IMO. :D

Archived