The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nathan Horton Rumour

ocu-canadian

I know I was on here last night knocking Eklunds website, but I went over there to check out our cap situation, and came across a Horton to the Habs for a significant defensive prospect. I think Nathan Horton is one heck of a hockey player and would look good in a Habs uniform. With saying that, if the "significant defensive prospect" is PK Subban then dont do it Bob. If it's anyone else...do it in a heartbeat. The other problem I had with this is we are currently up tight against the cap, and with Horton making 4million a year, we would have to clear cap space. So who's heading out? I would bet Gomez or the Kostitsyn's. Another thing does Horton play the right side or up the middle? NHL.com says right wing, but other sites say centre. Either way he is a big body at 6'2" 229. If we traded Kostitsyn's, without trying to take a stab at what we would get in return our lines could look like this:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Horton

Pouliot-Plekanec-Gionta

Pacioretty-Metropolit-D'Agostini

Moen-Pyatt-White

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Mara

Gorges-O'Byrne

I know Hal Gill isn't in here, I just hope maybe we can waive him, and someone claim him??

Okay if this was to happen(and i have low expectations it does) they are going to have to take some of our dead weight off our hands IF they are even going to mention a top defenceman prospect. Maybe they take BGL's contract off our hands or some other useless player off our team thats making more money then they are worth. This allows us to free up contract spots to grab a player we need off waivers or via trade. Also i do not get why everyone is adding the kost bro's into every trade they are still grow the both of them. They can only get better at their age and havent even hit their prime yet. It would be a big mistake to trade them at this point in their careers. They both show they can handle the NHL and only have a few things they need to work on which have been improving every game they play.

As for Horton i do not know a thing about him. Is he a big centermen? does he have the tools to be a 1st line or 2nd line center behind gomez/plecs? is he lazy? does he have a good worth ethic? you have to think about all these things together before even considering trading one of our top prospects. I will look up his stats now to see what kind of player he is.

What do you guys/gals think of this trade?Plekanec and both Kostitsyns to Florida for Nathan Horton and David Booth.I'm pretty sure Horton plays center as well.

Pouliot-Horton-Cammalleri

Booth-Gomez-Gionta

Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen

Pyatt-Lapierre-White/Dagostini

Then trade Markov for Shea Weber.

Shea Weber-Obyrne

Spacek-Hamrlik

Mara-Gorges/Gill

Price

Halak

wow almost no more Europeans,I like the top 6.It's a good combination of grit speed and scoring.I like Shea Weber he could be our defense centerpiece for years to come and he has a bullet of a shot on the PP and is a lot bigger then Markov.

To Montreal

Nathan Horton

To Florida

Andrei Kostistsyn

Sergei Kostitsyn

There is talk again that Horton is being shopped as he is having a slow start. Also heard he may be seeing things like J Bo and looking to play in a hockey town.

hmmm does Eklund come in here looking for trade rumours? There have been rumours that Horton is being shopped for about a month.

To FLO:

Andrei Kostitsyn

George Laraque

Yannick Weber

Matt D'Agostini

To MTL:

Nathan Horton

Those contracts balance out pretty well. I would do that, maybe because I don't like Weber very much...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Horton

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Moen - Metropolit - Lapierre

White - Chipchura - Pyatt

Bergeron

Markov - O'Byrne

Spacek - Hamrlik

Gorges - Mara

Gill

Price

Halak

To FLO:

Andrei Kostitsyn

George Laraque

Yannick Weber

Matt D'Agostini

To MTL:

Nathan Horton

Those contracts balance out pretty well. I would do that, maybe because I don't like Weber very much...

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Bergeron

Markov - O'Byrne

Spacek - Hamrlik

Gorges - Mara

Gill

Price

Halak

Why would Florida want Laraque?

Why would Florida want Laraque?

Salary dump. We'd need to free up space to absorb Horton's four million dollar hit.

Ideally a combination of Horton being restless in Florida and Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, and Weber looking so good to the Panthers they'd be willing to absorb his salary to make the deal work.

And I honestly don't feel like that would even be a good deal for us. Horton's not a special player from what I've seen of him. He's got size, some speed, and some skill. But I feel like all the things you can say about Horton you could say about Kostitsyn, only Horton's a little bit bigger.

What do you guys/gals think of this trade?Plekanec and both Kostitsyns to Florida for Nathan Horton and David Booth.I'm pretty sure Horton plays center as well.

Booth-Gomez-Gionta

Shea Weber-Obyrne

Spacek-Hamrlik

Mara-Gorges/Gill

Price

Halak

wow almost no more Europeans,I like the top 6.It's a good combination of grit speed and scoring.I like Shea Weber he could be our defense centerpiece for years to come and he has a bullet of a shot on the PP and is a lot bigger then Markov.

I wouldn't trade Pleks for Horton , Pleks is better PK/PP/even he is playing good. I don't think the "canadian theme" has worked out to well for San Jose at least playoffs where it counts. Pitts may have Crosby but wouldn't have won without Malkin. We wouldn't want Kovalchak next year? Talents great doesn't matter where it's from. When Detroit was winning unfortunatly it wasn't "the Canadian five". Though they wouldn't of won without Stevie Y. or Lindstrom either though!

Salary dump. We'd need to free up space to absorb Horton's four million dollar hit.

Ideally a combination of Horton being restless in Florida and Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, and Weber looking so good to the Panthers they'd be willing to absorb his salary to make the deal work.

And I honestly don't feel like that would even be a good deal for us. Horton's not a special player from what I've seen of him. He's got size, some speed, and some skill. But I feel like all the things you can say about Horton you could say about Kostitsyn, only Horton's a little bit bigger.

I agree!

To FLO:

Andrei Kostitsyn

George Laraque

Yannick Weber

Matt D'Agostini

To MTL:

Nathan Horton

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Bergeron

Markov - O'Byrne

Spacek - Hamrlik

Gorges - Mara

Gill

Price

Halak

So you want to give up on Webber?

To FLO:

Andrei Kostitsyn

George Laraque

Yannick Weber

Matt D'Agostini

To MTL:

Nathan Horton

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Bergeron

Markov - O'Byrne

Spacek - Hamrlik

Gorges - Mara

Gill

Price

Halak

ok this is what i have been talking about why in the world do we need to trade A Kost? hes improving every game and is still young you also are over paying for horton....

Also you grab a center and put him on wing? you also put benny on wing also when it has been rumoured that he is more comfortable in center also...

ok this is what i have been talking about why in the world do we need to trade A Kost? hes improving every game and is still young you also are over paying for horton....

Also you grab a center and put him on wing? you also put benny on wing also when it has been rumoured that he is more comfortable in center also...

Horton's young also, and can play both positions

I will tell you why we need to get rid of the Kostitsyn's. They pout, they only show up to play whenever it is CONVINENT for them. I don't want to paint all Europeans with the same brush, but like the old saying goes; once the calender hits April MOST of them disappear, and that has been the Habs problem of late too many Euro's to go deep.

If you look at the recent Staley Cup Champions EXCLUDING Detroit. Can you think of a team that had 6-8 Euro's?

Right now we have:

-Pleks

-AK

-SK

-Hamrlik

-Markov

-Spacek

It is obvious that the Kostitsyn brothers have an its all about me attitude, we won't with them plain and simple. I am glad this team has begun to get more N.A flavor, but these 2 need to go. I can live with the other 4 as they seem/have the reputation, to care about the team as well.

You know you could absorsb the hit just fine by removing D'Ags and Akost. Laraque is unecccesary.

Also I highly doubt Akost Dags and Weber looks "so good" to Florida. An underchieving scorer, a depth player and a decent defensive prospect for a good scorer signed to a very team-friendly contract.

Booth-Gomez-Gionta

Shea Weber-Obyrne

Spacek-Hamrlik

Mara-Gorges/Gill

Price

Halak

To be honest, I don't like any of this... And I think I bolded the part that was the key to your ideas

Getting rid of Markov is the biggest mistake... But to add Plekanec and and the brothers, crazy...

Archived