The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jay Leach Claimed Off Waivers By San Jose

roy_133

Even if we get a pick, it's better than nothing. We picked him off a waiver wire and only had to pay 250,000. I say right now that is all Bob was looking for was a pick. With bodies starting to come back the cap starting to fill up again, right now more cap hit is what we don't need. Anyway I want to thank Jay Leach for his services albeit a short one but he did help us in our time of need, and wish him all the best with his new team.

Hey, even if we just got a 7th round pick, its worth it. Got the guy off of waivers, filled in while a few guys were injured - good stuff.

I like that Gainey moved him, thus potentially allowing a guy like Belle to get some ice time vs. keeping him as a reserve.

Good work Bob.

If montreal gets a 7th round pick for him then it was a great move. Unlike the Kemp trade where we traded away our 7th round pick.

RIS says he was picked off waivers by San Jose... ?!?!?

If that is indeed the case, who pays what portion of Leach's ? I mean he was only making $500,000 to begin with and when the Habs picked him off waivers to start with they had to pay half of the salary, $250,000. Now if he is indeed picked of the waiver wire again for the second time, is San Jose now on the hook for the remaining portion of the $ 250,000 or is that again split between the Habs and Sharks since it is now the Habs who lost a player via the waivers ?

If that is indeed the case, who pays what portion of Leach's ? I mean he was only making $500,000 to begin with and when the Habs picked him off waivers to start with they had to pay half of the salary, $250,000. Now if he is indeed picked of the waiver wire again for the second time, is San Jose now on the hook for the remaining portion of the $ 250,000 or is that again split between the Habs and Sharks since it is now the Habs who lost a player via the waivers ?

They would take it all because it would be straight waivers.

Guest Kovy-27

I hope all the best for Jay Leach,would have loved to see him play a bit more.He did a nice job and he did his job and he should be proud of himself,I know I am.

Archived