The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Joyeux Anniversaire; Happy B'day; Parabéns; Habs!!!!!

zemocas

Well it's been a tough few games and season actually but I think everyone here knows how much this team means so it's a special milestone. 100 years of greatness and 100 years of unmatched passion from the incredible fan base. Happy Birthday Habs and please win that game tomorrow, please.

Happy Birthday to my, your and our Club de Hockey Canadien.

Thanks to J. Ambrose O'Brien and the financial support of T.C. Hare, our Habs came into being during a meeting of the National Hockey Association held in Room 129 of the Windsor Hotel on this day 100 years ago (8 years before the formation of the NHL at the same hotel). We salute you as we salute nos Glorieux.

Over 30 years ago, the team would become my obsession. It is an obsession I have no qualms about. It beats any other obsession or drug of any sort for the unpredictable emotional highs and occasional lows.

Irrespective of who plays on the team, my favourites or otherwise, I will always be a fan of the Bleu Blanc Rouge.

Go Habs Go

Fantastic ceremony, no one celebrates the past like the Canadiens! Great to see my idol back in the pads, and uniform he SHOULD have played his whole career in, stopping shots again :D

Only two things soured the proceedings for me a touch. So many great moments, I ALMOST shed a tear or two :P

1) No Saku :(

2) The Kostitsyn Brothers looking like they'd rather be anywhere but where they were. These two have no idea what it means to wear the jersey they wear. :angry:

Two jersey retirements tonight.

Elmer Lach and Emile "Butch" Bouchard.

Jennifer, the organization listened to us about Lach, and apparently did Henri Richard. And it was also great to see Butch Bouchard get his number retired, and for Ryan O'Byrne give up his number to make this happen.

The part I saw on video that really impressed me was the presence of Gordie Howe, who showed up with a Rocket Richard jersey, showing it to the crowd. Gordie is great that way. I just wish Gretzky would have been there.

Now I wish they would retire Steve Shutt's number!!!

Jennifer, the organization listened to us about Lach, and apparently did Henri Richard. And it was also great to see Butch Bouchard get his number retired, and for Ryan O'Byrne give up his number to make this happen.

The part I saw on video that really impressed me was the presence of Gordie Howe, who showed up with a Rocket Richard jersey, showing it to the crowd. Gordie is great that way. I just wish Gretzky would have been there.

Now I wish they would retire Steve Shutt's number!!!

Or even Mario

Archived