The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Expos Banner

hg_robs

Maybe they removed it because it was bad luck...look they removed it and we won 5-1.... now they have to get rid of Youppi, lets keep the bell center for the HABS! Mind you I use lo like baseball when the expos were around, but I just dont think anything of the Expos should be or have its place at the bell center, but probably what they will do is put the banner else where, I doubt they get rid of it TBH, but I hope they do

Maybe they removed it because it was bad luck...look they removed it and we won 5-1.... now they have to get rid of Youppi, lets keep the bell center for the HABS! Mind you I use lo like baseball when the expos were around, but I just dont think anything of the Expos should be or have its place at the bell center, but probably what they will do is put the banner else where, I doubt they get rid of it TBH, but I hope they do

Lets get rid of the Big O while you're at it, the city will be paying for that white elephant forever. Seriously though the Expos need some kind of honor/memorial and the Bell Center is the center of the Montreal sports world. What's better than having a banner in the Bell Center? Maybe some kind of memorial or statue in the city would be more appropriate I don't know.

Youppi...?

Hey man don't mess with Youppi :P . I was kind of happy the Habs adopted him as their mascot. I have fond memories of going the the ball games and seeing Youppi in the stands or siding on the dugout. You could say he is a kind of memorial to the expos but I was thinking of something a bit more tangible like a statue downtown or something like that. A banner in the Bell center is nice though.

Archived