The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Report: Halak requests trade

habs1119

Possible Halak Trade  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be traded by the trade deadline?

• Yes
    • No

According to Corus sports Mtl and Philly are talking

http://corussports.com/hockey/nouvelles/ha...rs-1879583.html

Basically it says that BG wants a top 6 from them in return for Halak. Obviously, whatever top 6 he asks for it won't be a straight one for one swap, I mean really, Carter for Halak...no way.

That being said, I would love to try and get Giroux, or Carter.

for Carter I'd be willing to give Halak+D'Agostini+Weber+2nd rd Pick 2010+Joonas Nattinen

for Giroux Halak+D'Agostini+4th rd 2010

According to Corus sports Mtl and Philly are talking

http://corussports.com/hockey/nouvelles/ha...rs-1879583.html

Basically it says that BG wants a top 6 from them in return for Halak. Obviously, whatever top 6 he asks for it won't be a straight one for one swap, I mean really, Carter for Halak...no way.

That being said, I would love to try and get Giroux, or Carter.

for Carter I'd be willing to give Halak+D'Agostini+Weber+2nd rd Pick 2010+Joonas Nattinen

for Giroux Halak+D'Agostini+4th rd 2010

No offense, but they would hang up the phone in a split-second if we offered them that for Carter.

no cap room for Carter unless if Hamrlik / Gomez / big salary is going the other way.

I want JVR. Big body with skills.

Halak + Weber for JVR

I would absolutely LOVE it.

I'd love it too (JVR is a player I'm really looking forward to watching to see how he develops - I think he's going to be a fantastic player), however since he is essentially Philly's top prospect I suspect we would need more to pry him away. But not only is he their top pick, I think he will quickly become a fan favourite as he fits in well with the old Philly moniker "the Broadstreet Bullies".

The top 6 forwards not injuried with the Flyers appear to be Briere, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, JVR, and Giroux. Three of those players have huge cap hits so any deal to land those players would require a big salary leaving Montreal. With all of the injuries in Montreal. How much cap space does BG have at his disposal? Maybe BG sends Pleks with Halak. Pleks is playing great IMO. But it could be argued that Carter is an upgrade at center. Another trade scenerio would be the Kostitsyn brothers with Halak for one of Carter or Richards. Carter or Richards would become superstar players in Montreal. Briere cap hit is too high and his size is too small. I would rather keep our current roster. Hartnell is nothing special IMO and might be top 6 in Montreal.

Maybe the Flyers are trying to win the Cup this year and are willing to trade a young player. Halak might be worth one of JVR or Giroux even trade. The Flyers really need a good solid goalie. Halak is steady and sometimes great. With the injuries in Montreal there would be no cap issue with an even trade.

I'd love it too (JVR is a player I'm really looking forward to watching to see how he develops - I think he's going to be a fantastic player), however since he is essentially Philly's top prospect I suspect we would need more to pry him away. But not only is he their top pick, I think he will quickly become a fan favourite as he fits in well with the old Philly moniker "the Broadstreet Bullies".

Yeah. But if we were to trade Jaro, THIS is the type of player I'd like to get back. Philadelphia has been known to overpay when desperate (see Pronger, Chris) so we'll see.

darn, Marc-André Godin is saying that this 'rumor' is the continuity of the Sportsnet one that came out earlier this week.

its kind of scary to think of them trading halak especially when price's contract is up at the end of this year. if he doesnt resign, then we could be in big trouble next year

halaks contract is up this season aswell

He will diffently need a pay increase next season aswell if we do keep him

Yeah. But if we were to trade Jaro, THIS is the type of player I'd like to get back. Philadelphia has been known to overpay when desperate (see Pronger, Chris) so we'll see.

darn, Marc-André Godin is saying that this 'rumor' is the continuity of the Sportsnet one that came out earlier this week.

Oh, I absolutely agree.

id keep plecky cause he seems to be having a good chemistry with cams

a.k and s.k seem to be coming back on track too!

if i were to trade halak ( and i hate doing that) i'd trade him outside the conference cause if we trade in it,it will bite us in the rect like hemmy's

detroit l-a and edmonton come to mind..

Halak, Hamrlik and a 2nd round pick 2011 for Van Riemsdyk a 6th round pick 2010 + salary dump player (like Boucher).

The salary dump would have to more significant than Boucher for Philly to take on Roman this year and more importantly next.

Well, RIS reports that Gainey definitely wants a forward in return. Would love to see the following trade happen:

To Phily:

Halak

Spacek

D'Ags

2nd Rounder 2010

To Mtl:

JVR

Coburn

4th Round 2010

We'd have to add to that someone like Weber or Carle and take on a salary that Philly doesn't want to pay anymore like Rathje

We'd have to add to that someone like Weber or Carle and take on a salary that Philly doesn't want to pay anymore like Rathje

Halak - 775,000

Spacek - 3,833,000

D'Ags - 500,000

Coburn - 1,300,000

JVR - 1,650,000

minus the salary of Emery and/or Boucher an average of 1,200,000

Remember, it's the Flyers coming to Montreal for the trade. They are more desperate than we are at the moment. Or we have to let them believe so. :lol:

Archived