The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Take A Look At Al Gore Economics

squ1g33

Watch at the 3:20 second mark of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1tHV_fztR4...feature=related

Now, of course poor Mr. Perot was lambasted for actually being CORRECT, by Gore and his power-point diagram. Listen to Gore schooling Ross Perot on economics while clearly stating that it's a good thing to trade with a country that has no money, and that in a few years (i.e. circa 1994) Mexico will become the largest trading partner with the USA..

Now, for the fun of it, let's see what happened after that wonderful "Assurance" from Mr. Gore that NAFTA (specifically Mexico) was good because it created a $5.4BB trade surplus in 1992 (up from $-5.7BB deficit in 1987). He clearly insinuates that globalization and Free Trade amongst uneven countries is good for the economy. And still to this day, this moron shows his mug telling us Carbon Taxes and basically a New World Order is the answer? Unbelievable how he has any credibility.

From the US Census bureau (source: http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html#2009)

Trade in Goods (Imports, Exports and Trade Balance) with Mexico

(in Billions $)

1987: -5,688.5

Period to which Gore makes his amazing point

1992: +5,381.2

1993: +1,663.3

1994: +1,349.8

1995: -15,808.3 (only two years after Gore's "Assurance")

1996: -17,505.6

1997: -14,549.1

1998: -15,856.4

1999: -22,811.6

2000: -24,577.3

2001: -30,041.4

2002: -37,145.9

2003: -40,648.2

2004: -45,170.2

2005: -49,861.0

2006: -64,531.4

2007: -74,795.8

2008: -64,721.6

2009: -37,171.7

And yet we are suppose to listen to his "economical prowess" and decisions for our future?

• 2 weeks later...

Want to know the other interesting thing about him? He has a company which buys stock in "green" companies, and sells carbon offsets. He made his movie, saying that the world would end if we didn't stop ManBearPig, errrr.. global warming, and then it was reveled that his house uses 5 times the average American's does in electricity. He also flies around in his private jets, and limos, but says it's OK because he buys carbon offsets. Guess where he buys them from? Got it! His own company. He pays himself to say he's environmentally friendly. That's only half of it too, those green investments, when the world falls for all the solar/wind/water energy, these companies get bigger. Hey! Al already invested in them! Isn't that great?

IN summary,

1. Al makes company that sells carbon credits and invests in green companies

2. Al makes movie warning that the world will end.

3. Media and gov't eat it up and people try to "go green"

4. Al and his buddies laugh all the way to the bank because his movie made all of his stock worth billions.

• 2 weeks later...
Want to know the other interesting thing about him? He has a company which buys stock in "green" companies, and sells carbon offsets. He made his movie, saying that the world would end if we didn't stop ManBearPig, errrr.. global warming, and then it was reveled that his house uses 5 times the average American's does in electricity. He also flies around in his private jets, and limos, but says it's OK because he buys carbon offsets. Guess where he buys them from? Got it! His own company. He pays himself to say he's environmentally friendly. That's only half of it too, those green investments, when the world falls for all the solar/wind/water energy, these companies get bigger. Hey! Al already invested in them! Isn't that great?

IN summary,

1. Al makes company that sells carbon credits and invests in green companies

2. Al makes movie warning that the world will end.

3. Media and gov't eat it up and people try to "go green"

4. Al and his buddies laugh all the way to the bank because his movie made all of his stock worth billions.

Oh I agree exactly with what you are saying. I didn't want to delve into what his current Hoax is, or how he would benefit. I just enjoyed taking a topic that wasn't really in the limelight (anymore) and seeing how his predictions panned out. It was scary how serial he was in that interview, and how completely wrong he ended up being (just 2 years later).

I just enjoyed taking a topic that wasn't really in the limelight (anymore) and seeing how his predictions panned out. It was scary..

What would be really scary is to see how completely bogus almost everything any pass leader has shown us in hte last 2 decades. You did it effectively with Gore, but look back on Reagan, Mulroney, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Thatcher, etc etc etc.

Our future is ____________.

What would be really scary is to see how completely bogus almost everything any pass leader has shown us in hte last 2 decades. You did it effectively with Gore, but look back on Reagan, Mulroney, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Thatcher, etc etc etc.

Very true Jedi. I meant this not as a partisan type rant, I was just targeting Gore because he is front and center in this whole mess of taxing air, etc... I think effectively that clip I found was something pretty heavy hitting in part because it happened so quickly after the fact. I think every leader has "promised" one thing or done another but this was a debate on economics, and the numbers were whole, not predicted - which made it beautiful fodder.

Very true Jedi. I meant this not as a partisan type rant, I was just targeting Gore because he is front and center in this whole mess of taxing air, etc... I think effectively that clip I found was something pretty heavy hitting in part because it happened so quickly after the fact. I think every leader has "promised" one thing or done another but this was a debate on economics, and the numbers were whole, not predicted - which made it beautiful fodder.

Archived