The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #36: Minnesota @ Montreal, Thu December 17 2009, 7 Pm Et

Tessin

I was so disappointed with the game last night... 4 loses in a row, all due to stupid undisciplined hockey.

You're never going to generate many scoring chances against a defensive minded team like NJ. Taking 5 penalties in the first 1/2 of the game is inexcusable. Apparently JM demoted Metro last night, he needs to do the same with O'B. O'B is young and learning, I can forgive being turned inside out or having brain cramps on the ice... He's learning and this unfortunately, is how d-men learn. But I will not forgive stupid, unnecessary and ill timed penalties. Every time he goes in the corners or a forward is trying to get around him, O'B grabs and holds. Have faith in your goalie, use your size to force him to the outside, the forward might get a shot away, but with size and muscle you can force the shooter to the outside... Forcing him to shoot from a bad angle, which his goalie (Price or Halak) should be able to handle.

Really hope the guys learned from the last 4 loses... You're not going to win games from the penalty box.

On to Minnesota to face Gui and the rest of the wild team.

Didn't we get a player in that transaction?

I was so disappointed with the game last night... 4 loses in a row, all due to stupid undisciplined hockey.

You're never going to generate many scoring chances against a defensive minded team like NJ. Taking 5 penalties in the first 1/2 of the game is inexcusable. Apparently JM demoted Metro last night, he needs to do the same with O'B. O'B is young and learning, I can forgive being turned inside out or having brain cramps on the ice... He's learning and this unfortunately, is how d-men learn. But I will not forgive stupid, unnecessary and ill timed penalties. Every time he goes in the corners or a forward is trying to get around him, O'B grabs and holds. Have faith in your goalie, use your size to force him to the outside, the forward might get a shot away, but with size and muscle you can force the shooter to the outside... Forcing him to shoot from a bad angle, which his goalie (Price or Halak) should be able to handle.

Really hope the guys learned from the last 4 loses... You're not going to win games from the penalty box.

On to Minnesota to face Gui and the rest of the wild team.

Didn't we get a player in that transaction?

HA HA

I want to see Gui on his but every shift, I hope the Bell centre staff have reinforced the boards tonight for when he tries to hit someone. :P

I'll be there, for my first time watching the Habs in person! :D

So... they'd better win!

And it'd better be Price in net... ;)

HOURRA! Where did you hear?

They won the first time I went, ending a skid. Hopefully it'll happen for you too =)

Haveee fun.

This is a HUGE game tonight and i have a feeling it could go really bad or be a turning point in the season.

Heres to hoping the boys get this thing turned around and in the right direction!

LETS GO BOYS!!!!

.....now is the time. Let's start the winning ways tonight.

We should be able to get 6 W's out of the next 8 games!?

Here's hoping for the turn around to start with a win over the Wild..4-2 for the Habs ...empty net goal to finish.....

And give the coach some options? Not under Gaineys watch.

Well if Martin were going to play them that's one thing. Those are organizational decisions, Martin has some say obviously. If Martin wanted more options and there was a guy in Hamilton he felt could help do you really think Gainey would with hold them? lol

Imagine if we're getting destroyed and Tender scores on top of that. Do you think people at the Bell Center would start chanting Gui Gui Gui Gui to make our team feel ashamed?

after the comments he made after being traded...hes gona get boo'd all night and even more so if he scores

Well if Martin were going to play them that's one thing. Those are organizational decisions, Martin has some say obviously. If Martin wanted more options and there was a guy in Hamilton he felt could help do you really think Gainey would with hold them? lol

Well, you think Martin enjoys having to play Laraque 2 minutes a night? And it seemed like he liked having White on the team as he was getting all kinds of ice-time.

4-1 Habs. Have some faith! :P

Price blows his own shut-out by dropping the puck from his glove, off of Josh Gorges head, and into the net.

After a Bergeron giveaway. :rolleyes:

:lol: Have you no shame? :lol:

Thank yous to habs rule foreve..., SK74 and imdocrob,

I'll sure try my darndest to influence the team for a win...

from the nosebleed section! :lol:

Heck, I used to bring good luck with my gameday threads...

Talk to you all later! I'm leaving right away I'm so anxious.

:lol: Have you no shame? :lol:

Thank yous to habs rule foreve..., SK74 and imdocrob,

I'll sure try my darndest to influence the team for a win...

from the nosebleed section! :lol:

Heck, I used to bring good luck with my gameday threads...

Talk to you all later! I'm leaving right away I'm so anxious.

Have a great time, I will be looking for you on tv :D:D

Archived