The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Dec. 19th Montreal Canadiens @ New York Islanders

leafer4lifer1

Hey there VEGAS RICK.....see your here now......had your back on our 1st goal... :lol:

Hey there! I saw that. Nice to be missed! waving-banana-ani.gif

I just got in, and tuned in the game, brought up the box score, etc.....saw we were up 1-0 on a goal by Markov.....and thought...WOW! Markov is back and has a goal already!

Then....what's the first thing I watch? The worst power play ever....Habs playing worse a man up than they do a man down....doesn't make sense, but then, neither does the Jekyll and Hyde personality of this team we see so much of....

Maybe I should just not watch. They seem to play terrible when I watch.

The second line has to come alive tonight. We just can't keep relying on the Pleks line to carry the load. Even if the Gomez line generates some quality scoring chances and consecutive strong shifts, I'll be happy.

Note to team: STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX IN THE SECOND PERIOD. :lol:

Gionta should be coming back next week hopefully him and Gomez will light it up real soon

Gionta should be coming back next week hopefully him and Gomez will light it up real soon

Scott needs to look within himself and elevate his own level of play. Doesn't matter who your linemates are if your passes go into their skates and you can't sustain any offensive-zone pressure. Scott has got to start playing smarter, harder hockey.

Well, did we get our goal for the game already, and now we get to see the team play desperately to try to win 1-0, while taking penalty after penalty and getting even fewer shots than we got in the first?

Or....will we FINALLY wake up and play smart textbook hockey? That is, if JM even has a textbook....

Well he took most of his breaks while being on the ice so why go to the bench

:D

I'm just baffled as to why Gill was out there so often during one of the few periods this season in which we weren't spending our time in the penalty box.

Conversely, I am glad to see O'Byrne's minutes being managed well. He logged only 3:36 in the first period, and that's exactly what you should be doing with a young d-man whose confidence is probably a bit low.

Cherry's suits are worth what it cost me for Center Ice every year. If I had to pay just to watch habs I would seriously have to consider not doing it next year. I know that every one here hates him. I find him entertaining can't agree with it all but I love his back and forth and confusion on what is coming up next. So funny, can you imagine a live news casts with "heay whats next" oh " i don't want to see that"

:D

I'm just baffled as to why Gill was out there so often during one of the few periods this season in which we weren't spending our time in the penalty box.

Conversely, I am glad to see O'Byrne's minutes being managed well. He logged only 3:36 in the first period, and that's exactly what you should be doing with a young d-man whose confidence is probably a bit low.

OB looked like our best D out there in the 1st. I think he had the only hit in the period . Teams arent afraid to take it to Montreal because our physical pressence is almost Nil

I liked when he went in the corner dished out a hit and walked away with the puck . He is only going to get better especialy playing with Captain Marky

Archived