The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Dec. 19th Montreal Canadiens @ New York Islanders

leafer4lifer1

go game HABS!!!! :)

just realized pleks put up 2 assists, wow didn't even notice those lol

Sure is nice to see a Hab listed in the top scorers in the daily newspaper.

It's been awhile since this happened at this time of a season.....

I hoping that Cammi is also going to make a showing on that list on a regular basis.... soon.

go game HABS!!!! :)

just realized pleks put up 2 assists, wow didn't even notice those lol

Sure is nice to see a Hab listed in the top scorers in the daily newspaper.

It's been awhile since this happened at this time of a season.....

I hoping that Cammi is also going to make a showing on that list on a regular basis.... soon.

I was not talking about the play by play person. They did a great job although you do get the feeling in some games that Bob Cole gives preference to the team opposing Montreal. That Is why i like listening to Jim Hughson or the guy on TSN.

I was talking about Ron Maclean and Don Cherry :angry: in the postgame. There was absolutely no mention about the habs win after the game.

I must agree with you on Bob Cole ....he has a very,very difficult time saying any nice about the Habs.

If he does it is with a grian of salt and it still comes off sounding negative somehow.

At least Cherry makes no bones about his dislike of the Habs.

Yeah time to break with tradition and sign Pleks to a long term

I didn't here much about why Plek agreed not to go to arbitration.

He sure appears like he wants to play for the Habs.....although he's not one for showing emotion.

I have seen him smile once or twice. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will he sign if a contract was offered or is he looking elsewhere for next year?

I don't know dude... I watched the CBC game as well and they kept raving about Halak,"They can't beat him tonight... His best save of the game!".

Broadcasters also were raving about Markov, saying how much better the team is with him.

In all honesty, they need good plays and smart hockey before they say something good about the Habs... Let's face it, the Habs haven't been a pillar of perfection this season. The broadcasters can't make things up.

I will admit... They often downplay the Habs.

The problem though, is that they shun the habs every year.

I remember few years back when Montreal ended up first over all. I think their were around ten games left in the season and bill waters was on leafs lunch telling everyone that Montreal still might choke and fall out of the play off race.And he was pointing to the season before that one as proof. Saying they were doing well that year and then they blew it, and tried to blame it on illness. And he said big deal every team has players get sick.

Archived