The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New Jersey Devils

rosalie52

• 3 weeks later...

Concussion for Patrick Elias, not good for the Devs.

“He saw the doctor today and he is concussion symptomatic at this point and will not do any further activities until the physician tells him he can,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told me this afternoon. “He’ll see them the latter part of the week again. We’ll see where he’s at and we’ll just go from there.”

It was the first fime Lamoriello used the word “concussion” in reference to Elias’ injury. Elias was knocked unconscious on a hit from Colorado defenseman Ryan Wilson on Saturday.

from http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice...ssion_symptoms/

• 2 weeks later...
Last night, Martin Brodeur became just the second goaltender in NHL history to play in 15-or-more games in consecutive months. Terry Sawchuk is the only other netminder to accomplish the feat, in December/January 1954-55.

And once again, they are burning him out. His play has downgraded the last couple of weeks and will get worse in the condensed second half. All this on top of the Olympics. I guess they haven't learned their lesson from the last few years. He is not 27 anymore.

And once again, they are burning him out. His play has downgraded the last couple of weeks and will get worse in the condensed second half. All this on top of the Olympics. I guess they haven't learned their lesson from the last few years. He is not 27 anymore.

Well Marty should look alright tonight unless that explosive Leafs offense goes to work! :P

Phanuff puts him out for the season tonight...with a center ice big hit. :lol: ....is he in tonight,I'm assuming he is.

Phaneuf???He better hope he doesn't take a puck between the eyes when Kovalchuk fires one from the point on the PP!Or maybe even better, he'll break his hand punching Collin White's helmet in round #2!

Salmela out until March:

Anssi Salmela did not suffer a broken nose, sources say, but is believed to have a concussion from the Jeff Carter hit that followed, by an instant, Salmela's goal Monday. Salmela is believed to have undergone an MRI, and it seems highly unlikely he'll return to action before March. . . . The Devils recalled D Rob Davison from Lowell to take Salmela's spot on defense. . . . The Devils scrubbed their morning skate today in anticipation of snowfall.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/kova...H#ixzz0f9PgsSkS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived