The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Benoit Brunet...

Densitymax

Guest habs1952
Anyone else fed up with this guys commentary... he needs to be corrected 20 times a game and often says things that don't even make sense.. He repeats himself often... Why did RDS even hire him..?

"Pour gagner dans la ligue nationale, ça te prend un bon trio de défenseurs" Benoit Brunet...

LOL. I've got RDS but my knowledge of French is miniscule so I don't know what he is saying. Don't need to know either when I'm watching the game. All I want to hear is: "Et Le But!" LOL

He says stupid stuff like in a game against Toronto last year.. He said something like Lapierres line is having a pik nik in montreal cause they weren't producing.

"...ta défensive est ta meilleure défensive/ Your defensive game is your best defense". Good point!

"Halak, le gars avec les jambières, a bien répondu./Halak, the guy wearing pads, responded well"Hmmm

"C’est 31-25 au niveau des chapitres./ Chapters are 31-25" A little confused?

"Il n’a pas le jeu de temps de glace !!!/ He doesn't the game of ice time" Poor guy...

"Il a le temps de prendre le temps..." Obviously...

"Les Thrashers ont le deuxième meilleur jeu de puissance sur la route, à l’étranger, chez l’adversaire./ The Thrashers have the second best road powerplay, on the road...(Hard to translate)" Strong explanations

"C’est de loin la meilleure période qu’on joués les Canadiens ce soir !" Lol..

"Halak est très bon ce soir, mis à part les 2 rondelles qui sont passées à travers lui." 1-0 Habs...

"La glace semble sautillante ce soir./The ice seems to be jumping tonight" Jumping ice!

"Trois joueurs devant le filet, un, deux, trois, quatre…/Three players in front of the net, one, two, three, for..." Math for dummies

"Guillaume Latendresse ne patine pas si mauvais que ça quand yé en mouvement !/Guillaume Latendresse's skating is not that bad when he's moving" Lats is fast brahs

"Il faut que tu trouves le moyen d’aller jouer dans la tête de Biron le plus rapidement possible." Let's leave the Bell Centre and play on Biron's head!

"Kostopoulos est passé dans le vide. Mais au moins il est là." wat

This one from Pierre: "Quand tu parles de Simon Gagne ou de Patrice Bergeron, c’est le genre de joueur souvent blessé. Je vois pas pourquoi tu ris, Benoit."

"Price a accordé un long retour juteux à Samsonov." Bow chick wow wow

"Excusez le mot... le leadership de la chambre au niveau du vestiaire./The room's leadership in the locker room" Koivu

"J’ai hâte de voir la décision qu’on va donner à Toronto. Ben on est à Toronto." Yes you're in Toronto

"C’est pas facile à voir de cette langue." Angle, Benoir, Angle

"Ce trio-là était tout feu, tous couleurs."

"Kovalev a joué un excellent match dans le dernier match..." Kovy is that good...

"Tu es un marqueur, Guillaume, lance !/ You're a scorer, Guillaume, shoot!" Hallucinations!

"Et là une mauvaise pénalité, et quand je dis mauvaise, c’est que c’est des choses qui arrivent." ***** happens

"C’est abobinnant." You're abobinnant, Benoit...

A looooot of people can't stand him, including me.

Now, he isn't picking on anyone, which is a good thing. But when AK wasn't scoring, ARGH, it was horrible. Even against the Thrashers, he had a 'bad' first period, and Brunet was like The old AK is back, HORRIBLE period for him, bla bla bla.

His french is awful, his knowledge is so-so, and let's not talk about his comments...

PLEASE, RDS, all I want for Christmas, is OUT BRUNET, OUT!

A looooot of people can't stand him, including me.

Now, he isn't picking on anyone, which is a good thing. But when AK wasn't scoring, ARGH, it was horrible. Even against the Thrashers, he had a 'bad' first period, and Brunet was like The old AK is back, HORRIBLE period for him, bla bla bla.

His french is awful, his knowledge is so-so, and let's not talk about his comments...

PLEASE, RDS, all I want for Christmas, is OUT BRUNET, OUT!

I wonder why they removed the Yvon & Pierre combination

Guest habs1952
I don't know how to explain this in english, but son contrat était terminé, et RDS ne l'a pas renouvélé..

His contract has expired and RDS is not renewing it?

Am I the only one who actually likes Brunet? :unsure:

Sure he sometimes has a bit of a hate on for a player or two, but I don't think that it's as over the top as some people make it out to be.

As for the 'negativity', that's actually one of the reasons I like to watch RDS even when the game is on in English. He can be very critical of the Habs, but only when it's merited. For someone like me who's never played any high-level hockey it can be nice to have someone point out some of the little places where they need improvement that I might not otherwise have noticed. You can also tell that he's as happy as anyone else when the Habs score or make a great play.

Basically he'll call a spade a spade if someone's not doing their job, but he's still hoping as much as we are that they'll improve and the Habs will win games. Basically it's like getting commentary from half the members of this message board :)

Yes his negativity and stupid comments get on my nerves. It's as if he tries not to be biased in his analysis, but then he goes too far to one side and starts bashing a player on the Canadiens every game....usually AK

I agree. He's always criticizing AK46, always picking him apart <_<

Archived