Temperature in Miami: 77°F/25°C

What about going to the beach?

south-beach1.jpg

stop_sign.jpg

At 5 PM ET our Habs will play @ the Bank Atlantic Center

bank_atlantic_editors_choice.jpg

Montreal_Canadiens.jpg@ 3562068.jpg

Some Stats:

The Habs: 20-19-3, 43 points. In the last 6 games; 5 wins, 1 loss. Goal difference: 109-115. Last 10: 5-4-1.

The Panthers: 16-17-7, 39 points. In the last 5 games: 2 wins, 3 losses. Goal difference: 113-128. Last 10: 5-4-1.

In the history: Montréal and Florida played 59 times, 25 Habs wins, 26 Florida wins, 6 ties, 2 OT Florida wins. Goal difference: 154-155. Last Game: on January 29 2009 in Miami, the Panthers won 5-1. Goals scored by Bouwmeester, Weiss, Zednik, Dvorak and Frolik for Florida, Lang for Montréal.

Possible Habs Lineup:

Goaltenders:

Carey Price, Jaroslav Halak.

Defensemen:

Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges, Ryan O'Byrne, Hal Gill, Jaroslav Spacek, Roman Hamrlik.

Forwards:

Michael Cammalleri, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn.

Benoit Pouliot, Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta.

Travis Moen, Glen Metropolit, Matt D'Agostini.

Sergei Kostitsyn, Maxim Lapierre, Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Enjoy the Game. Happy New Year!

If we're committed to NOT playing Pacorietty, then send him down. Then I'd like to see Dags switched with SK. Sergei deserves that third line spot. Dags just hasn't been impressing me. But I'd rather see Dags on the 4th line, and Patches in Hamilton (where he can get more minutes). Ideally, I'd love Patches on the third line, and Sergei on the second.....but Poulliett has been playing very well there. How did we go from trying to fill that 6th spot to having a debate over who is the better 6th top forward lol

Halak should go tonight. Carey had a good game last night, but when you have 2 good goalies there is no reason not to switch them out in back-to-backs. Hopefully the habs can take his one. 6-1 on the 7 game road trip would not be too bad at all. 12 out of 14 points? Not a lot of teams in the league can pull that one off. Maybe healthy we have a better than average team? one can dream.

Price should play tonight unless he's fatigued. He played a good game last night.

I have no problems with Halak starting either.

I hate to say any game is "in the bag" but this one is in the bag. I predict a smooth 3-1 victory en route to a good 2010 start.

*Edit* Holy Jesus Price it was my 300th post!

Price should play tonight unless he's fatigued. He played a good game last night.

I have no problems with Halak starting either.

I hate to say any game is "in the bag" but this one is in the bag. I predict a smooth 3-1 victory en route to a good 2010 start.

*Edit* Holy Jesus Price it was my 300th post!

With thier depleted line up everybody thought Ottawa was a gimme.....no such thing. I hope the team comes to play 60 minutes. This team with a full line up I really like. The game last night we looked good most of the game. I hate how JM likes to try not to loose instead of attack and go for the win if we're leading going into the 3rd. I hate those prevent defense scheems. I loved how we were actually out shooting somebody for a while!

If we're committed to NOT playing Pacorietty, then send him down. Then I'd like to see Dags switched with SK. Sergei deserves that third line spot. Dags just hasn't been impressing me. But I'd rather see Dags on the 4th line, and Patches in Hamilton (where he can get more minutes). Ideally, I'd love Patches on the third line, and Sergei on the second.....but Poulliett has been playing very well there. How did we go from trying to fill that 6th spot to having a debate over who is the better 6th top forward lol

Halak should go tonight. Carey had a good game last night, but when you have 2 good goalies there is no reason not to switch them out in back-to-backs. Hopefully the habs can take his one. 6-1 on the 7 game road trip would not be too bad at all. 12 out of 14 points? Not a lot of teams in the league can pull that one off. Maybe healthy we have a better than average team? one can dream.

Very well said, However I am pretty sure Price will be in the net.

Go Habs Go!!!

No change to the lineup for today's game:

Forward:

Michael Cammalleri - Tomas Plekanec - Andrei Kostitsyn

Benoît Pouliot - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta

Travis Moen - Glen Metropolit - Matt D'Agostini

Marc-André Bergeron - Maxim Lapierre - Sergei Kostitsyn

Defense:

Andrei Markov - Josh Gorges

Roman Hamrlik - Jaroslav Spacek

Hal Gill - Ryan O'Byrne

Scratches: