The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #44: Buffalo @ Montreal, January 3 2010 At 3 Pm Et

Tessin

Sunday January 3 2010, 3 PM ET, first match of the year at the Bell Center

buffalo_sabres_2007-08.gif@ Montreal_Canadiens-gr.gif

Buffalo Sabres: 1st in the North-East Division, 2nd in the Eastern Conference, 4th in the League. 54 points in 40 matchs played, record of 25-11-4 (11-6-0 away). 3 consecutive wins, 6-2-2 in the last 10 games.

Montreal Canadiens: 4th in theNorth-East Division, 7th in the Eastern Conference, 17th in the League. 45 points in 43 match played, record of 21-19-3 (9-9-2 at home). 6 wins in the last 7 games, 6-4-0 in the last 10 games.

Last match: 14 december. The Sabres won 4-3 in Montréal. Goals: Sekera, Kaleta, Kennedy, MacArthur (GWG) for Buffalo; Andrei Kostitsyn/2 and Cammalleri for Montréal.

Best scorers:

camm92325142.jpgwg62145.jpg

Mike Cammalleri, 20 goals. Total: 37 points, 2nd in the team. Thomas Vanek, 11 goals. Total: 23 points, 4th in the team.

Projected Goaltenders:

halak_scoop.JPGBuffalo%20Sabres%20v%20New%20York%20Rangers%20ATBztt64MKIl.jpg

Jaroslav Halak: 11-6-0, Save % 0.922, GAA 2.64. Ryan Miller: 22-8-3, Save % 0.932, GAA 2.08.

Possible Habs lineup:

Defensemen:

Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges, Ryan O'Byrne, Hal Gill, Jaroslav Spacek, Roman Hamrlik.

Forwards:

Michael Cammalleri, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn.

Benoit Pouliot, Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta.

Travis Moen, Glen Metropolit, Matt D'Agostini.

Max Pacioretty, Maxim Lapierre, Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Enjoy your game!

I wrote this GDT before saturday's morning practice, because I have to work. here in Europe we are +6h, so no choice. <_<

Now I think they should win this time vs Buff...would really like to Price in nets, he deserves it!

I agree I think Carey looked good in his last start and Halak didn't have his best game. I am not taking anything away from Halak he did great during the road trip and was due. I loved how the team rallied and we won. I also don't mind seeing a change up as Halak lost his last two against Buffalo, as I would like to see Halak get the next start against Pitts for the same reason ... just try something. If Carey gets hot let him play some , back to back switch up.

Happy New Year Habs Fans.

Let's start off the New Year as we finished the old....with the "W".

I predicted 6 out of 7 on the last road trip and the Habs came through. Good work boys!!!

Looking at the schedule for January I'll call 10 wins out of 13 as very possible.

13 games , 7 at home and 6 away for the newly proven road warriors.

Three sets of back-to-back matches is not going to be easy.

10 wins will place us nicely for a rough February schedule.

Feb. is only 7 games but all are tough with the two Flyers games being back-to-back.

5 of those 7 are at home so that should help.

So let's start the year as we finished the last.....STRONG!!!

GO HABS GO! :D

Archived