The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Real Test

arpem-can

I believe the next 6 games will define the season for the Habs.Finally the team is for the most part healthy and coming off a 6-1 road swing. Of the 6 games on the road only Ottawa beat the Habs but they were also the only team sporting a record of more than 1 game over 500 as you look at the records today. Of the teams they beat Islanders,Atlanta,Carolina,Toronto,Tampa Bay and Florida only Atlanta was over 500 and they are presently 18-17. The next 6 games have 5 at home with only Florida (who they barely beat) being under 500. Their only away game is to Washington who are very tough at home. Home game stretch sees Sabres,Devils,Stars ,Florida and Ottawa, a combined 56 games over 500. If this season has a defining stretch of games it's right now.

Well, we've done a decent job of beating the teams we SHOULD be beating (lower tier teams) this season. Unlike most seasons where we would tend to play .500 hockey against top-tier clubs and then lose consistently to basement dwellers. Tonight we need to turn this around. Get back in the win column against Florida and go from there! :)

With the Kostitsyn's back in we're actually going to see our "A" game tonight, regardless of which goalie is in nets. I like this team's chances when their all healthy, this homestand should give us an idea of how strong the Habs are. There won't be any easy points picked up by teams coming into Montreal when we ice these players game after game. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!

and who really eats lima beans anyways?

I do and the more butter the better.

The test is harder without the K Bros. But just as some of our D stepped up with Markov, O'Byrne and Gill down for a stretch some forwards need to step up. Should it happen and we make the playoffs with a healthy team maybe we'll surprise some folks.

Archived