The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Memorable Games Box Set

puckoff1

do any of you guys have it? i got it for christmas, its a very cool collection of memorable habs games on dvd, including the new years game against the russians, 86 and 93 finals, even the comeback against NYR

im watching a division final game right now from 1984, habs and nordiques. gainey and carbo on the same line, the flower and robinson with no helmets :lol:

excellent box set, i recommend you all buy at least 3

I have it and I adore it ! It's really nice, I'm too young, I never saw a Stanley Cup game ( habs lol ) and with this, I can see one, I really like it.

watch the game im talking about theres a 3 phase brawl at the end of the 2nd period, 14 fights going on

this is when hockey was hockey!!!! imagine the backlash if this happened today, hockey would be outlawed :lol:

its got everything but that, which to me is unfortunate because i literally cried that night

THATS RIGHT I CAN ADMIT IT

Strange I think...2 box sets of memorable habs games/celebrations in the last yr or so.....and each time has left Saku's comeback out....sad. :angry:

Seriously,did not our captain for many years mean anything to the Montreal organization?

I have that one and the 100 Years of the Montreal Canadiens box set...also i'm reading The Montreal Canadiens:100 Years of Glory and I just finished Jacques Plante:Man Who Changed the Face of Hockey (awesome read).For christmas I got Lions In Winter and Inside Maple Leaf Gardens:The Rise and Fall of the Toronto Maple Leafs

do any of you guys have it? i got it for christmas, its a very cool collection of memorable habs games on dvd, including the new years game against the russians, 86 and 93 finals, even the comeback against NYR

im watching a division final game right now from 1984, habs and nordiques. gainey and carbo on the same line, the flower and robinson with no helmets :lol:

excellent box set, i recommend you all buy at least 3

Ah,,,the Good Friday brawl...I can remember it like yesterday. Watching the Hunters go at each other when it erupted the second time out lmao. On a side note...I read Bruce Hood's book who was ref that night. The problem was that after the first brawl and the teams were sent to the dressing rooms. Nobody from the league office went to the dressing rooms to tell the teams which players were kicked out of the game. When Hood saw Louis Sleigher come back on the ice after the intermission he knew there was going to be trouble (Sleigher sucker punched Jean hamel and effectively ended his carreer). When he saw nilan and Mark Hunter come out as well he knew it was going to erupt again as they were goiing to try to get at Sleigher. What a night!!!!LOL

• 4 weeks later...

The box set I have is: Memorable Games in Canadiens History. It's a 10 dvd set of some of the Habs most memorable games from 1960-2008. It's obvious I never watched the greatest comeback in Habs history cuz I would have remembered it happened against the Rangers in Montreal and not in New York! lol

P.S. Love that 1975 Red Army vs. Canadiens. What a classic!

Does anyone know if or whether there exists film footage of any Habs games from the 1920's period?

I know that there's a few grainy clips out there... One during an outdoor practice, where (I believe) Vezina leans on his stick just like Dryden use to.

Kinda creepy...

Archived