The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens - Rangers | 19h00 | January 7th

strollerhnjhjjhjkind

''I thought we played some good minutes tonight, but again, we just don't score goals,'' coach John Tortorella said. ''We've just got to keep on grinding through this and try to find a way to have some sort of consistency.

''The big problem for me right now is our top guys are fighting it. ... I believe they're good people and they'll work themselves out of it.''

Who's hot -- Benoit Pouliot continues to shine for Montreal, with four goals in his last five games and six in his last nine. Ex-Ranger Scott Gomez has a goal and five points in his last four games. Brian Gionta has three goals and an assist during the same span. ... Lundqvist has given up two goals or less in seven consecutive starts for New York, posting a 4-1-2 record.

Injury report -- Sergei Kostitsyn and Andrei Kostitsyn are both out for the Canadiens. Sergei is on injured reserve with a left ankle injury, while Andrei had left knee surgery that will sideline him until at least late February. ... Donald Brashear is day-to-day for the Rangers with an undisclosed injury.

Stat pack -- Embodying the Rangers' offensive woes, Marian Gaborik has slipped to fourth in the League in goals (28) and sixth in points (54). He has just one assist in his last five games and two goals in his last 11.

Puck drop -- This is a pivotal game in the Eastern Conference playoff race, as the Rangers enter Sunday just one point ahead of the Canadiens.

If they don't start supporting Lundqvist with some goals, they'll continue to plummet in the standings.

Sounds like we have alot in common with the rangers,lack of scoring goals.....no support from the team for the goalie.

Way I see it....these 2 crucial points will be up for grabs....WHO WANTS IT MORE ????? ;)

Lets go habs.

I hope Halak gets the start tonight. I hope that at least 1/2 the team shows up for the game.

instead of sending plyayers to the bull dogs have them report to the bell centre cleaning staff at the the same wages as the cleaning staff of course. let them experience how some people have to work for miniscule wages compared to thier million dollar salary. if every canadian worker only showed up when they wanted to they would not have a job very long. this team does have the talant but only a few have the desire. :angry:

I don't really care what is said, what stats show or anything about what anyone has done in the past. Right now PRICE is not a top calibre goaltender and has no reason to be playing in front of Halak. I am disgusted with JM and the management for sitting him again after a good loss to the Devils. Carey is not on his game while Jaro is on top of his, yet we keep playing the annointed one because that is how it is supposed to be. What effect must this have on the team? I must think the rest see what I see in that if I am the so called star I will play no matter how well I perform. We need to play our best and right now that is not Carey.

I don't really care what is said, what stats show or anything about what anyone has done in the past. Right now PRICE is not a top calibre goaltender and has no reason to be playing in front of Halak. I am disgusted with JM and the management for sitting him again after a good loss to the Devils. Carey is not on his game while Jaro is on top of his, yet we keep playing the annointed one because that is how it is supposed to be. What effect must this have on the team? I must think the rest see what I see in that if I am the so called star I will play no matter how well I perform. We need to play our best and right now that is not Carey.

It's eazy to blame Price for our problems. What about our poor play in the defensive zone. Missed coverage,pushed arround,can't get the puck out. I can't put all the blame on Price or Halak.

Archived