The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Laraque To Be Bought Out At End Of Season

bailey1

Great guy. I was really happy when BG signed him, but too expensive for what he does...or what he doesn't often do.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/27984

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/291074.html

I agree. I had been excited when he was first brought on board but he's presence has been pretty much ineffective. It was nice he got a goal before he was sent packing, though.

I don't see this making a big difference with the Team's performance though. Can we buy out Gomez? Or does this kind of stuff still count against the cap? I swear I'd buy enough Molson products to offset the cost ...

he was nowhere near the player he should've been. Chronic injuries and lackluster play just wasn't worth having him on the roster. He didn't fight, obeys the "code" a little TOO much to the point he rarely if ever stands up for anyone on our team.

I'm glad he's gone, i wish him luck elsewhere, but he was not needed here.

So does that mean we have a cap hit of 500k for him next year?

LOL @ Laraque on TSN, here are some quotes from him:

"Jacques Martin doesn't like me and doesn't believe in toughness," Laraque told TSN.

"Classless," Laraque said angrily. "To do this in the midst of all I'm dealing with in Haiti, the timing is awful. I'm not going to sugar coat anything."

Anyways, Laraque was more than useless. And there was no toughness from BGL...there was just a guy who went out there for a free skate and got paid 1.5 million friggin dollars to do it. What a waste.

BGL is gone now it's BG's turn.

Hey! Just a thought but why not go out and get Stortini in Edmonton? He's young, can be an enforcer when called upon but most importantly, is capable of playing hockey and scoring goals. He use to be team captain with the Sudbury Wolves on the same team as Big Ben. I think he would be a good fit. I think he would be a good replacement for BG at a bargain price.

Hey! Just a thought but why not go out and get Stortini in Edmonton? He's young, can be an enforcer when called upon but most importantly, is capable of playing hockey and scoring goals. He use to be team captain with the Sudbury Wolves on the same team as Big Ben. I think he would be a good fit. I think he would be a good replacement for BG at a bargain price.

Ok but what's that got to do with me replying to Forever Habs #10?????

Here's a big move that will help us now. Now we can plug in that 4th line winger that will get us to the promised land

What do you think of Stortini coming over? Alot of grit, size, strenght with the ability to play hockey when called upon. I saw him play for the better part of his junior years. He was captain and team leader to boot! He knows Big Ben well! ;)

"Jacques Martin doesn't like me and doesn't believe in toughness," Laraque told TSN.

"Classless," Laraque said angrily. "To do this in the midst of all I'm dealing with in Haiti, the timing is awful. I'm not going to sugar coat anything."

LOL, Georges, what YOU'RE dealing with in Haiti? Last time I checked, you don't live there. You're a millionaire who can funnel all kinds of cash to help your family, but you don't live in Haiti. Thousands of people have family there but don't have the means to help. Meanwhile, you get paid $1.5 million a year to play four minutes of hockey every three games.

The self-delusion of overpaid athletes never ceases to amaze me. :D

Yea.....what ever. ;)

doubleFacepalm.jpg

Anyways, Laraque was more than useless. And there was no toughness from BGL...there was just a guy who went out there for a free skate and got paid 1.5 million friggin dollars to do it. What a waste.

Jacques Martin doesn't believe in toughness every team he has run has been full of softy lolli-gaggers. Case in point Ottawa put out of the playoffs by the leafs something like 3 years in a row.

Georges, a real problem would be if you got fired from your place of work without compensation and had to support a family on EI while dealing with missing or dead family in Haiti. You, on the other hand, will get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit in the pressbox this season. Additionally, you will receive $500,000 this summer just so the team can get out of your contract.

You, sir, are not dealing with anything except a complete lack of perspective and a fundamental inability to understand the difference between imaginary millionaire problems and the troubles of the real world.

LOL, Georges, what YOU'RE dealing with in Haiti? Last time I checked, you don't live there. You're a millionaire who can funnel all kinds of cash to help your family, but you don't live in Haiti. Thousands of people have family there but don't have the means to help. Meanwhile, you get paid $1.5 million a year to play four minutes of hockey every three games.

I cannot comprehend why in the hell he would even bring the Haiti tragedy into this ......so demeaning.

Wow. :angry:;)

Veggie burgers & octane for everyone!

If he still has family and friends there I think its a huge deal. Have a little compassion. Really not sure how money can help over there right now anyways. It is a classless move IMO

Archived