The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jean Beliveau Hospitalized

Telly_39_s_1

Wishing you get healthy soon Jean, you are the player/person that made me a lifelong Hab fan. The memories that you have given me are priceless,I truly hope that you never suffer or feel pain as you have made so many people happy by your actiions. Yours sincerely Steve Bolton. Go Jean Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest habs1952
Wishing you get healthy soon Jean, you are the player/person that made me a lifelong Hab fan. The memories that you have given me are priceless,I truly hope that you never suffer or feel pain as you have made so many people happy by your actiions. Yours sincerely Steve Bolton. Go Jean Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did the same for me.

Get well soon Big Jean!

MONTREAL - Hockey legend Jean Beliveau was listed in stable condition on Thursday after being admitted to hospital for unspecified tests.

A spokeswoman for the McGill University Health Centre said more information on the health of the Montreal Canadiens legend would be released as it became available.

One report said Beliveau suffered a stroke Wednesday night but team spokesman Donald Beauchamp said he was unable to confirm the reason for the tests.

He added that Beliveau's life wasn't thought to be in any danger.

The hockey great has had a number of health problems in the past.

In 2000, Beliveau was diagnosed with throat cancer after a tumour was discovered in his neck. He was treated and eventually recovered.

Beliveau has also had heart-related problems in the past and was hospitalized in 1996.

As recently as December 2008, Beliveau had to be admitted to hospital after a sudden drop in blood pressure following a friend's funeral in Montreal.

But the former Canadiens captain has been a fixture at home games at the Bell Centre in his seat behind the Canadiens bench.

He was also actively involved in the team's 100th anniversary celebrations last month.

Archived