The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Brendan Burke Dies In Car Accident

Kubby31

like who wants to discuss somthing like this.... brutal

It's not meant to be something that's discussed at length. :angry:;)

And I'm quite sure this comment was not called for.

Just A sad note being expressed here....period...geez

Have a heart friend. :P ....please....And I'm not trying to call you out habs24.....just the way you came across.

It's not meant to be something that's discussed at length. :angry:;)

And I'm quite sure this comment was not called for.

Just A sad note being expressed here....period...geez

Have a heart friend. :P ....please....And I'm not trying to call you out habs24.....just the way you came across.

its not a thread that needed to be started imo, but i understand what your doing and its fine

Terrible news, RIP and best of luck to Brian to get through this. I saw Brendan on the news when he was going public with his sexual orientation and he seemed like a great kid: smart, smooth speaker, and brave for coming out the way he did. Unfortunately this brings me back to when Gainey lost his daughter, it isn't the sort of thing you wanted him and Burke to have in common.

TORONTO (AP)—Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke’s youngest son was killed in a car accident in snowy Indiana on Friday.

The team issued a brief statement confirming the death of 21-year-old Brendan Burke. Brian Burke also is the general manager of the U.S. Olympic team.

“The National Hockey League grieves tonight for the family and friends of Brendan Burke, a young man of courage and character,” NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said in a release. “Words simply cannot express our sorrow over his loss. We send our deepest, most heartfelt condolences to Brendan’s father, Brian; his mother, Kerry; everyone in Brendan’s family and all who were inspired by his love for hockey.”

Police told the Toronto Star that Burke was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee when the vehicle slid sideways into the path of a Ford truck. Burke’s friend, 18-year-old Mark Reedy, also died in the accident.

U.S. Olympic Committee chairman Larry Probst said the USOC was “extremely saddened” by Burke’s death.

“Our heart goes out to Brian and his family in this very difficult time,” Dave Ogrean, executive director of USA Hockey, said. “We know the prayers of the entire hockey family, including our Olympic team, are with the Burke family.”

its not a thread that needed to be started imo, but i understand what your doing and its fine

That's a thought that is probably best kept to yourself on a forum, personally. Some people do appreciate the ability to express their grievances and sympathies, even if just in cyberspace.

It is something that is beyond hockey, but likely hits home with a lot of people.

Best wishes to the Burke family during these times.

My deepest sympathies to Mr. Burke and his family...It is never easy losing a family member, especially one so young...Having recently lost my Mother, I can understand to some degree what he's going through...

For those of you with kids I simply say...Hug your children, tell them how much you love them...Today and everyday afterword...

I live in a bubble and just heard about this, this morning, what horrible news.

My stomach was in a knot for Burke and his family. I can't imagine what that would feel like.

Hockey's just a game, and when things like this happen you can see how insignificant hockey actually is in ones life.

My prayers with Brian and his entire family.

Archived