The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Pierre Gauthier 2009-10

fourtrax

Well, speaking only for myself, I supported Bob Gainey right up until the 08-09 season, when it became apparent that he had built the wrong team and hired the wrong coach.

I firmly believe Gauthier needs years to show what he can do before we even think about passing judgment on him.

Well, speaking only for myself, I supported Bob Gainey right up until the 08-09 season, when it became apparent that he had built the wrong team and hired the wrong coach.

I firmly believe Gauthier needs years to show what he can do before we even think about passing judgment on him.

I agree he needs time, but do you honestly think people on here will wait anywhere near that long?!! Look up at post #3. :lol:

I agree he needs time, but do you honestly think people on here will wait anywhere near that long?!! Look up at post #3. :lol:

Fans can be patient if they sense that the man in charge has a plan and a long-term vision. I think what ultimately started to wear on many fans, myself included, was the feeling that Bob didn't really have a clear long-term plan for the team. A lack most clearly evidenced by his unwittingly letting half the team go UFA at the same time and then suddenly tearing down the team he'd refused to alter in years past ... only to rebuild them in basically the same image.

Mr. Gauthier

Good luck on your new position. I hope you have the courage to react when the realities require you to do so. I hope you believe that ENTITLEMENT is not a culture to continue on this team anymore. I hope that you don't feel that you owe any one player any special treatment as was the case with BG. I hope you know when to start planning for next year when the numbers show very little hope of making the playoffs. I hope you realize that the Montreal fanbase is starved for a true elite forward instead of pretenders.

I hope you realize that a GM's job is to get & review the play of the team's players & not force the coach to play certain players .....regardless of their play or salary.

I hope you understand the concept of getting something in return for a player .....unlike the way BG operated.

I hope you are decisive....and not afraid of making decisions when they need to be made ....BG could never make a decision when the time was right

Good Luck

I wouldn't put that much stock in what Gauthier is saying right now. With Bob's departure still fresh, he's not going to come out and say, "All right, the last guy was a hack and I'm going to make some moves!" He'll mouth the usual platitudes about continuing the great work begun by <insert previous GM name here>. Whatever moves he ends up making or not making, I doubt very much that what he says today will have any bearing.

Well, he actually came out and said there is a discussion going on with Plek's agent and that we want to get him re-signed. He also said he plans on keeping both goalies for the time being.

I don't really have problem with either of those statements; both goalies are RFA, so one can still be dealt in the offseason if deemed necessary. I don't know that we'd get much more for them at the dealine anyway (where goalie market value has traditionally been low).

Pleki has been our best player, and at least if we re-sign him it will probably force us to find a way to get one the inflated contracts we're sitting on off the books.

Bob mentioned in his press conference that they are talking to teams about possible deals.I wonder if a player is on the move that maybe Bob and the owners or president didn't agree on and that is part of the reason Bob stepped down now?I might have read to far into that,time will tell.I believe we will see a major move by the deadline.

Well good luck to Pierre.

I wouldn't put that much stock in what Gauthier is saying right now. With Bob's departure still fresh, he's not going to come out and say, "All right, the last guy was a hack and I'm going to make some moves!" He'll mouth the usual platitudes about continuing the great work begun by <insert previous GM name here>. Whatever moves he ends up making or not making, I doubt very much that what he says today will have any bearing.

Ah yes, the good old book of hockey cliches. :lol:

Bob mentioned in his press conference that they are talking to teams about possible deals.I wonder if a player is on the move that maybe Bob and the owners or president didn't agree on and that is part of the reason Bob stepped down now?I might have read to far into that,time will tell.I believe we will see a major move by the deadline.

Well good luck to Pierre.

ya i dont see that as the case at all

Exactly I think everyone should give him a chance and not judge him too quickly.

i think he is put in place because imo gainey made some promises to players about not being traded and what not and this guy can come in and move the players with out gainey having to break his word as gainey is a man of honor. so maybe Price is on the block or a gomez i find the timing of this really bizarre lets hope they shake the team up in a good way

So let me ask u guys smtg....does that mean Price is in danger??

IMO, he is no more in danger than he was before. If an advantageous deal comes around, any player is available and will be moved... including Price, Halak, Markov, whomever.

Archived