The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Build Your 2010-2011 Habs

SteenIsThaFuture

I'm surprised it took this long to get a thread up, but here it is. Trying to stay under the cap, do whatever trades or signings needed to try and form next year's Habs. All from NHL Numbers:

Habs Pending UFA's:

Tomas Plekanec 2.75

Glen Metropolit 1.0

Dominic Moore 1.1

Matheiu Darche 600k

Paul Mara 1.675

Marc-Andre Bergeron 750k

Shawn Belle 600k

Curtis Sanford 600k

Habs Pending RFA's:

Maxim Lapierre 688k

Sergei Kostitsyn 817k

Benoit Pouliot 803k

Matt D'Agostini 500k

Carey Price 2.2

Jaroslav Halak 775k

Habs have 14 players signed in 2010-2011 for 45.732 million.

I'm surprised it took this long to get a thread up, but here it is. Trying to stay under the cap, do whatever trades or signings needed to try and form next year's Habs. All from NHL Numbers:

Habs Pending UFA's:

Tomas Plekanec 2.75

Glen Metropolit 1.0

Dominic Moore 1.1

Matheiu Darche 600k

Paul Mara 1.675

Marc-Andre Bergeron 750k

Shawn Belle 600k

Curtis Sanford 600k

Habs Pending RFA's:

Maxim Lapierre 688k

Sergei Kostitsyn 817k

Benoit Pouliot 803k

Matt D'Agostini 500k

Carey Price 2.2

Jaroslav Halak 775k

Habs have 14 players signed in 2010-2011 for 45.732 million.

RESIGN:

Plek 4year/4.0 mil per season

Price 2.5mil/ 3 yeras

Halak: 1.25/ 2 years

Lappierre: 2 year .55 mil

Pouliot and SK 2year 1m

Minors

Dags

Sanford

Darche

Belle

Lineup:

Cams-Plek-AK

Pouliot-Gomez-Gio

Moen- Laps- SK

Bulldogs line

Markov-O'byrne

Spacek-Hammer

Gorges- Carle/weber

Cap: approx. 55.75 mil

I had a better 1 made up, but something happened

I'd re-sign Plekanec for 3 years and 14 million (cap hit of 4.67). I'll let the other UFAs walk away (or try to trade them at the deadline). I'd also try to trade Spacek and Gill for draft picks. No matter if it would be only 6th round picks and if I had to throw in players like D'Agostino or Carle. I also would try to sign Dennis Seidenberg since he is a great shot blocker and loves to hit people (2 years for 5 million with a cap hit of 2.5 million). Gomez contract makes him untradeable so we have to stick with him.

Cammalleri (6.0 caphit) - Plekanec (4.67) - A. Kostitsyn (3.25)

Pouliot (2.5) - Gomez (7.357) - Gionta (5.0)

Pacioretty (0.875) - Maxwell (0.85) - S. Kostitsyn (1.1)

Moen (1.5) - Lapierre (1.0) - White (0.85)

Markov (5.75) - O'Byrne (0.942)

Hamrlik (5.5) - Subban (0.875)

Gorges (1.1) - Seidenberg (2.5)

Halak (1.7)

Price (2.8)

That's a cap hit of 56.119 million. Well we still would need 3 more player which I would chose from the following:

pressbox, minors, battling for a spot:

Weber, Carle, Stewart, Desharnais, Trotter

Resign

Pleks 5 years 23.75M (4.75M cap hit)

Moore 2yr 2.2M (1.1M cap hit)

Lapierre 3 yrs 2.1M (675K cap hit)

Pouliot 4 yrs 8M (2M cap hit)

Price 3 yrs 9M (3m cap hit)

Pyatt 2yrs 1.2M (600K cap hit)

S.Kostitsyn 2yr 3M (1.5M cap hit)

Trades

#1 (deadline deal)

to Phx

Hamrlik + Ana 4th 2010

to Mtl

Aucoin

#2 (deadline deal)

to Mtl

Purcell (resign in offseason for 1 yr 650K)

to LAK

D'Agostini

#3 Pre-Draft

to Blues

Halak

to Mtl

RH D prospect Ian Cole+ Blues 3rd 2010

Waivers

Laraque --- his NMC is now a NTC. Waive him and save the 1.5M If someone is willing to take

him on great! a 7th rd pick is all it would take

UFA

Fwd Belanger 3yr 5.7M (1.9M per)*******if SK74 won't resign or bolts to KHL

D Schubert 2yr 1.8M (900K cap hit)

G Biron 2yr 2.8M (1.4M cap hit)

Lineup

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

AK46 - Pleks - Cammelleri

SK74 - Moore - Moen

White - Lapierre- Purcell

Spare: Pyatt

Markov -O'Byrne

Spacek - Subban

Schubert - Gorges

Spare: Gill

Price

Biron

Cap hit 55.282M

Bonuses 215K to White

Cap Space 1.733M without White's Bonus

1.518M with White's Bonus on this year's cap

There's no way we get 2 years in a row of the injuries we've seen. But there is some cap space to handle call ups or trades if needed.

I'd re-sign Plekanec for 3 years and 14 million (cap hit of 4.67). I'll let the other UFAs walk away (or try to trade them at the deadline). I'd also try to trade Spacek and Gill for draft picks. No matter if it would be only 6th round picks and if I had to throw in players like D'Agostino or Carle. I also would try to sign Dennis Seidenberg since he is a great shot blocker and loves to hit people (2 years for 5 million with a cap hit of 2.5 million). Gomez contract makes him untradeable so we have to stick with him.

Halak (1.7)

Price (2.8)

That's a cap hit of 56.119 million. Well we still would need 3 more player which I would chose from the following:

Pouliot shouldn't be making 2.5 mil

other than that its fine

Halak (1.7)

Price (2.8)

While I believe your lineup has promise, I might question Dennis Seidenberg, he is another Lefty on defense playing the right side. I just don’t see the new GM dropping Gill, he was part of the management that signed him.

I would also question the Price increase, I’m sure you aware his salary is $850 k and the rest is in bonuses (8) and must make 4 of the conditions, presently he is on track to only qualify for 2 of the 4. I would be very surprised if he was offered more than $1.5 million, and this is being generous.

$850,000 of Price's bonuses are what's considered to be "A-level" ones, payable based on certain criteria being hit. They go in increments of $212,500 per option, so 4 need to be fully hit in order to maximize the bonus. As we sit here nearing the Olympic break, there's no guarantees he's going to hit them all. For reference purposes, here's the listing of eligible bonuses:

1) 1,800 minutes played (he's played more than that already, this one's locked in);

2) GAA that is less than or equal to the median (average) of all goalies with 25+ GP (Price is 25th in this category out of 38 goalies who have currently played 25+ GP, likely below the median);

3) SV% greater than or equal to the median of all goalies with 25+ GP (Price is 18th out of 38 eligible goalies, likely a bit above the median currently);

4) 20+ wins, averaging more than 30 minutes per game played (Price has 11, if Halak sees the bulk of the load the rest of the way, he'll have a hard time getting 9 more);

5) Shutouts earned that is greater than or equal to the median of all goalies with 25+ GP (Price is just one of 6 goalies with 20+ GP who've yet to earn a shutout so he's clearly below the median);

6) Makes the All-Rookie team (ineligible);

7) Selected to the All-Star Game (there isn't one);

8) All-Star Game MVP (there isn't one).

So what does that all mean? There's only 1 bonus that's fully locked in with one more that he'd be eligible for. If he doesn't play a lot down the stretch, he's not going to hit the rest of them. That means, you guessed it, cap savings, to the tune of give or take $425,000.

thought I posted this already.......strange. Anyways. Anyone think Higgin's could be had for around $1M? he's a good checker IMO. Not a scorer, but man can he play against other teams top guys.

how about something like this:

Pouliot - Gomez-Gionta

Cams - Pleks - Patches/ Trotter/ Deshairne (sp......sorry)

Darche-Koivu- Patches/ Trotter/ Deshairne ) Look, I really cant' spell on the best of days, especially not this guys' name lol)

Higgins - Pyatt - Moen

Markov- O'Byrne

Spacek - Carle

Gorges - Weber/ Subban

Gill

Yes, Hamrlik and the Kostitsyns are gone. I like all three, but sometimes you have to clear space. Honestly I'd much rather clear out Gomez and Gionta and have a line of the Kostitsyns with Pouliot ( natural center) as AK plays similar to Gionta and SK plays somewhat similar to Gomez.

I like Koivu as a third line energy guy. He could probably be had for cheap over 2 years too. I'd like to see him on a line with a guy like Darche that will do something that will probably seem odd to Saku at first: Forecheck for him. He never really had a player that was at least any good at that with him here. Same with the Pleks-Cams line. IF Boucher can get Pacioretty to forecheck, or one of the other youngsters that already forechecks pretty well they'd fit nicely with Cams and Pleks.

Higgins? again, that' woudl only be for dirt cheap, around $1M. He is a VERY good checker, and we really need that. Pyatt seems like he too is decent as a checker, so it coudl work out.

He has a full NMC for 09. He then names 6 teams in each conference

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Not that any of this has any relevance, I was posting more for future reference in this thread. Both TSN and Habs I/O ( Gazette) featured a report that would support the cap geek information. The full NMC was the issue that stopped Laraque from going to play in Europe.

The site you left a link to, has been inactive since May or June of last year. It is the same one I used in the past, and I believed had the best information. The site manager cautions the accuracy could be in question as all information comes from different sources. Actually your site was the only one with this kind of information for a long time. I personally use Capgeek now as it is far more reliable.

I have to go out this morning, but will try to find the TSN and Gazette link for you when I get back.

So many options here. Id assume theres very little change from the defence core. Lets assume Hamrlik and Spacek are unmovable but Hal Gill is traded along with a 4th round pick in 2010 for a 2nd pick in 2010 or 2011 from New Jersey since they have cap space and need a defenceman.

Bring up PK Subban and Yannick Weber as the 7th D.

Trades:

To PHX

Tomas Plekanec

Matt D'Agostini

4th pick 2011 (Anaheim)

7th pick 2011

Conditional 3rd round pick 2011 if Plekanec does not resign

To MTL

Peter Mueller (sign 3 yrs 2.1 million per year)

Lauri Korpikoski (1 yr left 700k)

1st round pick 2010 (whichever one is lower Calgary's or Phoenix's)

In the offseason trade Carey Price

To NJD

Carey Price

Max Pacioretty

Mike Busto

To MTL

David Clarkson (future matchup centre for line 3) sign 2 yrs for 1.4 million per year

Andrew Peters (goon signed another year for the league minimum)

4th round pick in 2011

6th round pick in 2010

7th round pick in 2010

Signings

Martin Biron 1yr 900k (this might be a bit of a stretch) although you could sign other decent backups, Alex Auld/Brent Johnson/Johan Hedberg for somewhere around 900k to play 20-25 games.

Max Lapierre 600k/1yr

Jaroslav Halak 1.9 million per year/ 2 years

Benoit Pouliot 1.35m/yr 2yrs

Sergei Kostitsyn 900k/yr 1 yr

Buyout George Laraque 500k/2yrs

Try to dump Metropolit, Mara, Bergeron etc for picks/prospects

Lineup:

FORWARDS

Benoit Pouliot ($1.350m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Peter Mueller ($2.100m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)

Lauri Korpikoski ($0.700m)/ David Clarkson ($1.400m / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

Ryan White ($0.850m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.600m)/ Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.900m)

Andrew Peters ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)

Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)

Yannick Weber ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jaroslav Halak ($1.900m) / Martin Biron ($0.900m)

* Buyout Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $53.682m; CAP ROOM: $3.570m BONUSES: $0.453m

I guess with 3.5 million in Cap space they could go after another top-6 forward in a signing or trade. Montreal would also have a lot of picks including 2 1sts in the 2010 draft and could let them develop and have a decent team that could compete in a couple years. They have decent scoring, although not great being that they basically have 2 2nd lines and alot of their young guys can develop another year or two, since most of the contracts will be expiring in 2011/2012/2013.

Not that any of this has any relevance, I was posting more for future reference in this thread. Both TSN and Habs I/O ( Gazette) featured a report that would support the cap geek information. The full NMC was the issue that stopped Laraque from going to play in Europe.

The site you left a link to, has been inactive since May or June of last year. It is the same one I used in the past, and I believed had the best information. The site manager cautions the accuracy could be in question as all information comes from different sources. Actually your site was the only one with this kind of information for a long time. I personally use Capgeek now as it is far more reliable.

I have to go out this morning, but will try to find the TSN and Gazette link for you when I get back.

It was easier than I thought to find . . .

http://habsinsideout.com/main/28410

Trades:

To PHX

Tomas Plekanec

Matt D'Agostini

4th pick 2011 (Anaheim)

7th pick 2011

To MTL

To NJD

Carey Price

Max Pacioretty

Mike Busto

To MTL

David Clarkson (future matchup centre for line 3) sign 2 yrs for 1.4 million per year

4th round pick in 2011

6th round pick in 2010

7th round pick in 2010

Both trades would be a no-go as far as I'm concerend because I feel we're overpaying in both cases. Korpikoski and Mueller are former first round picks that have yet to prove why they were picked that high, while the first rounder we're getting in return will be a lower pick anyway. If that's all we can get for Plekanec, I'd definitely sign him to a contract extension, swallow the increased Cap hit and try to make room elsewhere. I really like Peter Mueller but I'm not sure he's the kind of guyI would trade a proven scoring center for.

As for the second trade, I know the goalie market is somewhat weak right now but if all you can get for Price, Pacioretty and Busto as a throw-in is a a third-line center in David Clarkson, a goon, and 3 low draft picks, I'd rather go with what we have and probably re-sign Dominic Moore instead.

I don't mean to be overly negative here, I just wouldn't do the trades you suggested. While I like how you tried to gain Cap space, I feel we're getting robbed again and we could get a better return if we were to trade Plekanec, Price, Pacioretty and D'Agostini.

So many options here. Id assume theres very little change from the defence core. Lets assume Hamrlik and Spacek are unmovable but Hal Gill is traded along with a 4th round pick in 2010 for a 2nd pick in 2010 or 2011 from New Jersey since they have cap space and need a defenceman.

Bring up PK Subban and Yannick Weber as the 7th D.

Trades:

To PHX

Tomas Plekanec

Matt D'Agostini

4th pick 2011 (Anaheim)

7th pick 2011

To MTL

To NJD

Carey Price

Max Pacioretty

Mike Busto

To MTL

4th round pick in 2011

6th round pick in 2010

7th round pick in 2010

Signings

Martin Biron 1yr 900k (this might be a bit of a stretch) although you could sign other decent backups, Alex Auld/Brent Johnson/Johan Hedberg for somewhere around 900k to play 20-25 games.

Max Lapierre 600k/1yr

Jaroslav Halak 1.9 million per year/ 2 years

Benoit Pouliot 1.35m/yr 2yrs

Sergei Kostitsyn 900k/yr 1 yr

Buyout George Laraque 500k/2yrs

Try to dump Metropolit, Mara, Bergeron etc for picks/prospects

Lineup:

FORWARDS

Benoit Pouliot ($1.350m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Peter Mueller ($2.100m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)

Lauri Korpikoski ($0.700m)/ David Clarkson ($1.400m / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

Ryan White ($0.850m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.600m)/ Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.900m)

Andrew Peters ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Roman Hamrlik ($5.500m)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Josh Gorges ($1.100m)

Ryan O'Byrne ($0.942m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)

Yannick Weber ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jaroslav Halak ($1.900m) / Martin Biron ($0.900m)

* Buyout Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $53.682m; CAP ROOM: $3.570m BONUSES: $0.453m

I guess with 3.5 million in Cap space they could go after another top-6 forward in a signing or trade. Montreal would also have a lot of picks including 2 1sts in the 2010 draft and could let them develop and have a decent team that could compete in a couple years. They have decent scoring, although not great being that they basically have 2 2nd lines and alot of their young guys can develop another year or two, since most of the contracts will be expiring in 2011/2012/2013.

I like your lineup but I have to agree with ChiLla on the 2nd trade. You can really get alot more for Price. The 1st trade, I can see as a possibility some cap certainty and some youth and size, but Mueller worries me a little as there are rumours that he is debating leaving hockey to go on a religious Mission as he feels his faith needs to be followed instead of hockey.

Both trades would be a no-go as far as I'm concerend because I feel we're overpaying in both cases. Korpikoski and Mueller are former first round picks that have yet to prove why they were picked that high, while the first rounder we're getting in return will be a lower pick anyway. If that's all we can get for Plekanec, I'd definitely sign him to a contract extension, swallow the increased Cap hit and try to make room elsewhere. I really like Peter Mueller but I'm not sure he's the kind of guyI would trade a proven scoring center for.

As for the second trade, I know the goalie market is somewhat weak right now but if all you can get for Price, Pacioretty and Busto as a throw-in is a a third-line center in David Clarkson, a goon, and 3 low draft picks, I'd rather go with what we have and probably re-sign Dominic Moore instead.

I don't mean to be overly negative here, I just wouldn't do the trades you suggested. While I like how you tried to gain Cap space, I feel we're getting robbed again and we could get a better return if we were to trade Plekanec, Price, Pacioretty and D'Agostini.

mmm you may be right, Although I believe that Montreal desperately needs a matchup center and from what Ive heard and seen Clarkson would fit the bill quite well in the future. If anything, most cup winning teams have a solid shutdown line recently (Cooke/Staal/Kennedy for Pittsburgh, Pahlsson/Niedermayer/Moen for Anaheim and Detroit who probably had 2-3 lines that are excellent 2-way lines). I guess I would be willing to give up more in order to solidify a shutdown line for Montreal (not to mention IMO Halak is the better fit in Montreal).

mmm you may be right, Although I believe that Montreal desperately needs a matchup center and from what Ive heard and seen Clarkson would fit the bill quite well in the future. If anything, most cup winning teams have a solid shutdown line recently (Cooke/Staal/Kennedy for Pittsburgh, Pahlsson/Niedermayer/Moen for Anaheim and Detroit who probably had 2-3 lines that are excellent 2-way lines). I guess I would be willing to give up more in order to solidify a shutdown line for Montreal (not to mention IMO Halak is the better fit in Montreal).

I totally agree, we desperately need a true shutdown line in Montreal, and it's an important yet underrated factor for teams that intend to go deep in the playoffs. Although we don't have one and we aren't even close, I believe trading Carey Price to New Jersey (!) for the assets you suggested would be suicide.

I admit, I'm being selfish here too, I don't want to see Carey Price being mentored by Brodeur and become the second incarnation of <insert goalie legend here> in freakin' Jersey :D

RESIGN:

Plek 4year/4.0 mil per season

Price 2.5mil/ 3 yeras

Halak: 1.25/ 2 years

Lappierre: 2 year .55 mil

Pouliot and SK 2year 1m

Minors

Dags

Sanford

Darche

Belle

Lineup:

Cams-Plek-AK

Pouliot-Gomez-Gio

Moen- Laps- SK

Bulldogs line

Markov-O'byrne

VOLCHENKOV/Hammer

Gorges- Carle/weber

Cap: approx. 55.75 mil

I had a better 1 made up, but something happened

also, trade Spacek for a 3+ round pick and sign Volchenkov for 4.5 million, 4years

cap= approx. 56.5 mil.

Here are a couple of options that might be worth following in this thread. Assuming Plekanec demands are over the $4.5 million and has to be traded. Although, Member Brisebois offers a interesting option to get past the issue.( 3 years and 14 million (cap hit of 4.67). If other trades were to happen this could work.

Option #1 Columbus, 14th place in the west. They need help in most areas and will be looking to upgrade their roster to start 10/11.

To Montreal:

Antoine Vermette 6’1” C/LW (27) cap $3,750mil 5 year contract 14/15 UFA 2/55

Conditional second 2010 round signing Plekanec or third

To Co;umbus:

A Kostitsyn – 6’0” LW/RW – (24) - cap $3.250.m- 2 year contract 10/11 UFA 1/10

T Plekanec 5’10” C/LW -(27) cap 2.75 mil. 1 year contract 09/10 UFA 3/71

Ryan Russel 5’10” C (21) cap $0.495. 7

Option #2, Carolina, This is easy as very little cost is involved. They have the rights to Babchuk who will not sign with them and is on a one year contract in the KHL. We have the rights to Emelin who will not come over and play for the Habs. Why not try a exchange, nothing to lose.

To Montreal:

Rights to Anton Babchuk – 6’5” -RD- (25) –cap $1.5.m 2 year contract 11/12 UFA 1/21

Jiri Tlusty 6’0” LW/RW (21) cap $0.855k 1 year contract 09/10 RFA ( Hamilton ) 1/13

To Carolina:

Rights to Alexei Emelin- LD-6’0” 3/84 ( almost ready to play NHL)

Yannick Weber- 5’11”-RD (21) $0.875k 2 year contract 10/11 RFA 3/73

D’Agostini 6’0” RW (22) cap $0,500 1 year contract 09/10 RFA 6/190

Option #3, Talk with the Agent of Alexi Yashin. Two years ago his agent reported Yashin could be available for just over $4 million to get back to the NHL. Perhaps that there were no takers, the price might be lower in the $3 million area for two years until our young centers come of age and develop their NHL skill set. Regardless of what we all think of him he still has the skills of a superstar and I think played for Martin in Ottawa. Very little risk should Plekanec not get signed.

Of course, we could combine two options or exchange the trade packages to offer a improvement.

it's just a starting point.

:D

Here are a couple of options that might be worth following in this thread. Assuming Plekanec demands are over the $4.5 million and has to be traded. Although, Member Brisebois offers a interesting option to get past the issue.( 3 years and 14 million (cap hit of 4.67). If other trades were to happen this could work.

Option #1 Columbus, 14th place in the west. They need help in most areas and will be looking to upgrade their roster to start 10/11.

To Montreal:

Antoine Vermette 6’1” C/LW (27) cap $3,750mil 5 year contract 14/15 UFA 2/55

Conditional second 2010 round signing Plekanec or third

To Co;umbus:

A Kostitsyn – 6’0” LW/RW – (24) - cap $3.250.m- 2 year contract 10/11 UFA 1/10

T Plekanec 5’10” C/LW -(27) cap 2.75 mil. 1 year contract 09/10 UFA 3/71

Ryan Russel 5’10” C (21) cap $0.495. 7

Option #2, Carolina, This is easy as very little cost is involved. They have the rights to Babchuk who will not sign with them and is on a one year contract in the KHL. We have the rights to Emelin who will not come over and play for the Habs. Why not try a exchange, nothing to lose.

To Montreal:

Rights to Anton Babchuk – 6’5” -RD- (25) –cap $1.5.m 2 year contract 11/12 UFA 1/21

Jiri Tlusty 6’0” LW/RW (21) cap $0.855k 1 year contract 09/10 RFA ( Hamilton ) 1/13

To Carolina:

Rights to Alexei Emelin- LD-6’0” 3/84 ( almost ready to play NHL)

Yannick Weber- 5’11”-RD (21) $0.875k 2 year contract 10/11 RFA 3/73

D’Agostini 6’0” RW (22) cap $0,500 1 year contract 09/10 RFA 6/190

Option #3, Talk with the Agent of Alexi Yashin. Two years ago his agent reported Yashin could be available for just over $4 million to get back to the NHL. Perhaps that there were no takers, the price might be lower in the $3 million area for two years until our young centers come of age and develop their NHL skill set. Regardless of what we all think of him he still has the skills of a superstar and I think played for Martin in Ottawa. Very little risk should Plekanec not get signed.

Of course, we could combine two options or exchange the trade packages to offer a improvement.

it's just a starting point.

the only one that would really help us is option 2

option 1 I would never do

option 3 won't happen

and to be honest, I'm not even sure option 2 is good

I'm glad your not GM

we should still get more for price though, despite him not fitting in

the only one that would really help us is option 2

option 1 I would never do

option 3 won't happen

and to be honest, I'm not even sure option 2 is good

I'm glad your not GM

First, you’re response lacks substance and while I accept and understand personal preferences with a agenda, the post was a suggestion with options to build around the issue should Plekanec need to be traded. Nothing to do with being a GM. I know I will sleep better knowing your expert opinion has dealt with a potential issue of having to lose Plekanec. BTW, Both Vermette ( best) and Yashin ( short term solution ) would be more than a suitable solution to what could become a problem signing

First, you’re response lacks substance and while I accept and understand personal preferences with a agenda, the post was a suggestion with options to build around the issue should Plekanec need to be traded. Nothing to do with being a GM. I know I will sleep better knowing your expert opinion has dealt with a potential issue of having to lose Plekanec. BTW, Both Vermette ( best) and Yashin ( short term solution ) would be more than a suitable solution to what could become a problem signing

I guess I was a bit harsh. But we were trading our top scorer and ak for vermette. Plek said he wanted to stay also. Although I think you are being a bit sensitive. Just my opinion, I hated those trades sorry

as it stands we have a decent line up next year.

trades this season,

trade Spacek, d'agostini, 1st rounder to LA for frolov

frolov signs for 3.5-4 mill for 4 years

sign pleks for 8 year contract that is top loaded but cap hit of only 3.75 mil\

sign sergie for 2 years at 800 thousandl a year

sign laps for cheap

give price and halak small raises but for 3 to 4 years.

lines gomes centers gionta and pouliot

pleks centers the kostistyn bros

cammi centers frolov and pacioretty

laps centers moen and darche

extras are ... whomever else they want up

on d markov obyrne

jorges - hammer

subban -gill

webber in the flanks. belle as well!

goal price

halak

those top 3 lines will kill!

I guess I was a bit harsh. But we were trading our top scorer and ak for vermette. Plek said he wanted to stay also. Although I think you are being a bit sensitive. Just my opinion, I hated those trades sorry

It’s I that should apologize, just a bad day yesterday (reac tion to a infusion ) As I read my post over, it’s clear I was on the defensive. After reviewing the original post I see it was not a clear as I should have been in the case of losing Plekanec. I agree with you relative to AK, it was part of another trade I had made up in January. However, to get Vermette the package would have to be sweetened as he is already signed for 4 more years at a more than reasonable cap hit. Yashin was just a meant too be a short term solution 1 maybe 2 years only. Babchuk would be a steal, a right hand Dee man with a Bergeron type shot at 6’5”.

For what it’s worth, I just read on another site a rumor that is attracting some attention ( not EK ) There is a suggestion of the possibility as soon as the Olympics’ is over, SK could announce he is signing in the KHL. The suggestion is, he will ask the Habs to sign him for $2 – $2.5 million to equal the offer of the KHL. Remember the KHL is tax free.

If there is any truth what-so-ever to this, how much longer will it take AK to follow. We all know from two years of issues with SK, when SK is not on the team AK pouts and is not the same player. I think the agreement with the KHL and NHL is on hold, not sure.

It's I that should apologize, just a bad day yesterday (reac tion to a infusion ) As I read my post over, it's clear I was on the defensive. After reviewing the original post I see it was not a clear as I should have been in the case of losing Plekanec. I agree with you relative to AK, it was part of another trade I had made up in January. However, to get Vermette the package would have to be sweetened as he is already signed for 4 more years at a more than reasonable cap hit. Yashin was just a meant too be a short term solution 1 maybe 2 years only. Babchuk would be a steal, a right hand Dee man with a Bergeron type shot at 6'5".

For what it's worth, I just read on another site a rumor that is attracting some attention ( not EK ) There is a suggestion of the possibility as soon as the Olympics' is over, SK could announce he is signing in the KHL. The suggestion is, he will ask the Habs to sign him for $2 – $2.5 million to equal the offer of the KHL. Remember the KHL is tax free.

If there is any truth what-so-ever to this, how much longer will it take AK to follow. We all know from two years of issues with SK, when SK is not on the team AK pouts and is not the same player. I think the agreement with the KHL and NHL is on hold, not sure.

Although the KHL is a threat, I think it's a case of SK using this as a bargaining chip. He's not going to leave North America, both brother's are like Ovy, they've been sucked in and love their new Americanized lives.

Archived