The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Forsberg And Jagr

Kubby31

Forsberg/Jagr  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Peter Forsberg and Jaromir Jagr will end up finishing their careers in the NHL?

• Jagr will
    • Forsberg will
    • Jagr will not
    • Forsberg will not

Jagr would still be a good NHL player, but not great like he once was. He would have to take a back seat to others and I don't know how that would sit with him. Hes always been the primary offensive guy on any team hes been on short of when he first came into the NHL.

Forsberg doesn't look so effective and I don't believe he has any interest in playing in the NHL again. His body has taken a large beating because of the way he plays the game and he doesn't look anywhere near the dominant force he once was. He could probably be an ok second line center, but he wouldn't be able to go in recklessly on the forecheck anymore as his body wont hold up. Hed be restricted to a perimeter game mostly.

Jagr may come back, but that doesn't mean he finishes his career in the NHL. He could easily go back to other leagues and play into his 40s as a primary player.

Jagr would still be a good NHL player, but not great like he once was. He would have to take a back seat to others and I don't know how that would sit with him. Hes always been the primary offensive guy on any team hes been on short of when he first came into the NHL.

Forsberg doesn't look so effective and I don't believe he has any interest in playing in the NHL again. His body has taken a large beating because of the way he plays the game and he doesn't look anywhere near the dominant force he once was. He could probably be an ok second line center, but he wouldn't be able to go in recklessly on the forecheck anymore as his body wont hold up. Hed be restricted to a perimeter game mostly.

Jagr may come back, but that doesn't mean he finishes his career in the NHL. He could easily go back to other leagues and play into his 40s as a primary player.

Jagr would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh on Malkin's right wing :wub::D

I think he will come back but hard to tell where he would go, but he is definitely a legit top 6 if not top line forward capable of close to 100 points if he stays healthy and plays with the right players. Then again though he has won everything there is to win in the NHL so he might end up playing in Russia/Europe closer to his native Czech Republic.

Jagr would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh on Malkin's right wing :wub::D

I think he will come back but hard to tell where he would go, but he is definitely a legit top 6 if not top line forward capable of close to 100 points if he stays healthy and plays with the right players. Then again though he has won everything there is to win in the NHL so he might end up playing in Russia/Europe closer to his native Czech Republic.

No way Pittsburgh could afford to pay Jagr that kind of money. I thought maybe Kovalev would go back to Pittsburgh because I figured he would be offered 3 million a year. Jagr will probably want 6 or 7 million a year at least. I would see him getting around 70 - 90 points.

Who cares? They are both our of their prime so its not like they will make a difference.

That might be a hasty assesment. I think Forsberg wouldn't have a big impact at this point, but Jagr still could. Players are in better shape now they in the old days so they can last longer and Jagr can contribut in different ways. I think as a second line right wing he could be huge for a team making a cup run.

I think Jagr will. He could still make an impact on a team in a secondary role. Not sure if that's something he'd accept doing, but I could see him flourishing in such a role for a couple of seasons.

Forsberg is a bigger question mark. Sure he's got the skill, but I wonder if a team would take a chance on such an injury prone player?? If a team were to, it would have to be at a mid-range salary as a #2 center, preferably on a team with powerful #1 already.

I'd like to see Jagr in the NHL before he retires.

Jagr is making huge after tax dollars in Russia. Why would he return. A change of heart? no he won't return to the NHL

Forsberg stated he would not return and this is a man that only makes statements that he follows through on (I heard on the news that he would not return to the NHL - no sources). Therefore, no he will not return.

I think Forsberg want to win the gold as his last Horra!

I think Jagr will. He could still make an impact on a team in a secondary role. Not sure if that's something he'd accept doing, but I could see him flourishing in such a role for a couple of seasons.

Forsberg is a bigger question mark. Sure he's got the skill, but I wonder if a team would take a chance on such an injury prone player?? If a team were to, it would have to be at a mid-range salary as a #2 center, preferably on a team with powerful #1 already.

I'd like to see Jagr in the NHL before he retires.

Personally I think both could if they wants too, no doubt in my mind. Currently Jagr is in gameshape and Forsberg isnt so just to judge from these three games is kind of silly.

The thing with Forsberg is that he had several teams from NHL on him this year and even more from KHL and turned them all down. He chose to play for Modo in the SEL for free and try to help them into a play off spot.

His state of mind is that he still wants to be really good if doing that again (NHL). To me he looks kind of nervous in this Olympics. Hopefully he will rise up and show what he can do when it counts the most instead of in the round robin games.

Of course he must doubt himself after all these injuries but the skill isnt lost by any means, more his physical edge. Get the man in gameshape and he can still pull a little something on most NHL defensemen out there. He wont be the nature of the beast he once were but who would be after all those injuries ?

Here is a link that shows Fetisov last night trying to get Forsberg to KHL again next year (link is in Swedish though).

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article6665962.ab

Players out of their physical prime can still be difference-makers in the right situation. Look at Andreychuk in Tampa and Recchi in Carolina during each team's Cup runs.

True, but both of these guys have won cups. I think that while its possible either (or both) could come back, for the sake of their careers & how we remember them, they are better off finishing their careers in a league with a little less stiff competition. Jagr make look awesome at the olympics right now, but over an 82 grind I dont think he'd be anywhere near the dominant player he once was & whats the point in coming back to score 40 points in a season?

40 points sounds a bit low to me. I think he would put up at least 60 points. Lets not forget this is a guy who won the scoring title a bunch of years in a row. He is able to make offensive contributions without having to play a physical game. From what I've seen so far he still protects the puck well along the boards. He would be at least as effective as Kovalev who is on pace for 60 points at age 36.

No way Pittsburgh could afford to pay Jagr that kind of money. I thought maybe Kovalev would go back to Pittsburgh because I figured he would be offered 3 million a year. Jagr will probably want 6 or 7 million a year at least. I would see him getting around 70 - 90 points.

Well he did state in an interview that he owes Lemieux and that if Mario ever asked, Jagr would come back to the Penguins and play for the minimum salary. http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2222...e-question.html

I think both guys could still be productive NHLers. Not as effective as they once were obviously, but the talent level is still there. I didn't get enough of a look at Forsberg, but Jagr definitely seems like he could still be a "top end-ish" guy. Could really help send contending a team over the top.

Sadly though, I feel both have seen their last days in the NHL. I think they like being closer to home at this stage in life.

Archived