The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Shamu Kills Trainer

habsfan7344_mtl

Killer Whale

Take a living beast out of its habitat and exploit it for money.... Pretty sure trainer must accept responsibility for fate..

Sad for sure but you cannot let your guard down in some lines of work

Trainer has to remember at all times that this is a wild animal, I'm glad Sea World has taken the position they have taken, to kill this animal would be serve no purpose......

Fox News down here took about three days to finally find someone to agree with them. They were doing stories for days after it happened hammering the point home that this is the third death around this whale and they couldn't seem to find a guest to agree with what seemed to be their point that this whale should be destroyed. They even had a long time friend of the trainer and were amazed when she said to blame the whale or to destoy it would be that last thing her friend would ever want to happen....finally after three or four days they found some guy who said he sent a letter to Sea World saying that keeping this animal could be a mistake, and they were finally happy I guess because the stories stopped after that....

They even had a long time friend of the trainer and were amazed when she said to blame the whale or to destoy it would be that last thing her friend would ever want to happen....

You have to remember that when an animal is destroyed after a human death, its not because of punishment or closure - its because they are worried that animal could "get a taste" for humans and potentially do it again. Bears, Cougars etc - once they attack someone and eat them, they now could regard humans as a food source.

In the case of this whale, I dont think they are worried about that, so euthenizing it should be fairly unlikely.

Archived