The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #70 - Bruins @ Canadiens, March 13th, 2010

Forza-Montreal

....someone posted in another thread that these stats are ridiculously out of whack, being the totally subjective item that they are. I think I read that Murray Wilson commented one game that he thought it was the best game he'd ever seen Spacek play, yet the statisticians at the Bell Center marked him down for eleven giveaways. I just don't think those posted numbers are really reliable

Stats posted by Scott Cullen TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=313341

Great GDT ,,,,,,A BIG THANKS!!!!!!!

Because we play to the other teams level, and the fact that the Teddy Bears are fighting for their play-off lives, they (the Teddys) will be bringing their A game. Here's hoping that we can match their A game with our own. I think that Price will be up for the job ahead of him.

I predict a 4-2 win. (this is my 1st prediction ever, so if it doesn't come true,,,I won't make another one).

Thanks Kinot1

if wearing a silk scarf is legal i would be doing that tonight if i were playing, so take it from me- marlov and pleks have their work cut out for them trying to captain a team of aviators- a couple of whom have "rough engines." including lapierre and price if he plays, and i don't expect that much from gomez, who has to assume cammy will be back sooner or later, and might have some captain "fantasy questions" for himself- though i'm hoping he doesn't, but this is boston, and we're primed for a "catch-all" game after being shown up by the oilers.

now though if miller can take it to the mat in his capacity we should win 6-2.

oh oh wait. is it markov and muller? :rolleyes:

Huge four-point game here. This is our chance to put some distance between us and the hated Booins and solidify our hold on a playoff spot. Anything less than a regulation win will be a massive disappointment. Boston is without its top playmaker and they were already struggling to score goals. A grinding, low-scoring game favors the Bruins. We need to force the tempo of this game with speed and attacking in transition.

....someone posted in another thread that these stats (giveaways) are ridiculously out of whack, being the totally subjective item that they are. I think I read that Murray Wilson commented one game that he thought it was the best game he'd ever seen Spacek play, yet the statisticians at the Bell Center marked him down for eleven giveaways. I just don't think those posted numbers are really reliable.
I have this suspicion they don't construe possession properly / fairly. Spacek, Hamrlik and Gill are all big guys with long arms and long sticks and half their game is simply poking the puck off the stick of the opposition or moving the puck around or along the boards. Most of us wouldn't call that 'possession' worth being said "given up". Also, the Habs/Martin system and maybe even the play of the wingers leaves the "ring the puck around the boards" invariably going to an opposition player, rather than a Hab getting to it first. I do wish (very often) that the Habs would do better on that. Amongst other things, the puck is rung around too hard, not giving time to the Hab winger to intercept it, and it flies quickly straight around to the opposition's defenseman on the blueline.

I don't have a preference for either goalie but I think Halak looked tired the other night and Price needs some ice time and he does so well against the teddy bears I don't like having to play catch up in these games, not at this end of the season,so its all out from the first hooter guys give them hell, show them just what a hockey team should look like, we just have to show them our heels on the ice we can skate so fast, Sergie no one minds you scoring goals that was beautiful the other night every one knows you can do it just not you, Max you can outskate so many people when you try DO IT, our 3rd and 4th lines are really showing up now some of the best hockey is when they are on the ice, come on guys we need this win so badly it's worth 4 points tonight don't let yourselves down guys we love you

GO HABS GO :D :D

It maybe be from the Bruins, but this...

is funny!

:lol: funny indeed!

Ok.Who will gets another suspension tonight? Maybe our winning streak will continue because of it... :D :D

Montreal%20Canadiens%20v%20Washington%20Capitals%20Pr6ncoYSQe1m.jpg

I just hope it's not a member of this board :P;):lol:

Will be at the game tonight.....going to the hall of fame at the bell center today ....will take many pics.

Lets go habssss ;)

Have fun and YAY for pics :D

if wearing a silk scarf is legal i would be doing that tonight if i were playing, so take it from me- marlov and pleks have their work cut out for them trying to captain a team of aviators- a couple of whom have "rough engines." including lapierre and price if he plays, and i don't expect that much from gomez, who has to assume cammy will be back sooner or later, and might have some captain "fantasy questions" for himself- though i'm hoping he doesn't, but this is boston, and we're primed for a "catch-all" game after being shown up by the oilers.

now though if miller Thomas? Rask? can take it to the mat in his capacity we should win 6-2.

oh oh wait. is it markov and muller? :rolleyes:

"Marlov" works well for me :D

Surprised (woulda thought Price would start from Halak's poor performance) and at the same time not ("you win, you're in") to see Halak in.

It's a great chance for him to redeem himself.

Our goalies haven't had the chance to do that this year, at all.

yay for win and youre in...lol...hope halak shows up to play tonight cause bostons on a mission now

His Last Game was Week & The Last Time He Faced Boston He Played Week Aswell, So I Dont Know What To Say

Archived