Playoff Showdown

Bourne

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather face?

• Washington
    • Pittsburgh
    • Buffalo
    • New Jersey

I can't believe I just picked Pittsburgh. :lol: Really though, I just don't see a good answer there.

Actually, I'm going to quickly change my answer. Some people have mentioned it, and as much as I hate to agree with it, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the refs treat Pittsburgh a little favorably. It probably won't happen, but if it happens to anyone it would probably be them. And what I mentioned about Ovie and karma? Maybe that karma will be the Habs. I pick Washington. :)

I don't care who we face Jaroslav Halak is going to eat every team that comes in his path and bring us to glory!

GO HABS GO!!!

I agree,,,Halak HAS to be the go-to-guy,,,,,I would prefer to face the Crybabys because I feel they don't have the goaltending and defence to repeat,,,, ANNNNNNNNND,,,because, we are at full-strength right now, (notice the 16 PTS out of 20). We are the Hottest team in the east right now and I think we could do some damage in the POs.

JM2C

Agree, I think Pittsburgh is actually our best bet right now. Play Malkin EXTREMELY hard. Have Sergei-Moore-Moen all over him, and have everyone hit him. He's softened up and injured, expose that, and he'll crumble. Crosby is a great player, but he's easily taken off his game when things get chippy. Extra shots after the whistle, slaps to the legs, etc. Same for Fleury. get that kid off his game and he struggles to get it back. Problem is, he's pretty tough mentally since over comming that gaff in the WJC ( which did take him a while to get over).

Buffalo could be a good match up too. Though if Miller steps up he could pull a Roy from 93. We play well against Washington, but they have too many intangibles that can step up to bite you. I'd rather wait to see them in the second round. They could, and in all honesty likely will, be in a groove and playing better than the first round by then, but there is also the chance that they could be a bit banged up, especially if they draw the Flyers.

New Jersey.......no way. I don't' want to see them at all. They OWN the habs. Own them.

I'd like to play the team(s) that lull the boys out of the trap and into playing a run and gun game. Then we stand a chance against anybody.

if we make the playoffs we will be trapping no doubt about it doesnt matter who we play, and it will be our demise

I actually pick Washington. It's not a lot to ask your goalie to play well for 4 out of 7 games.....unless you're Washington. Bad goaltending has been overshadowed by potent offence. Pittsburgh knows what it takes so they scare me, Miller is crazy in nets and NJD is a wildcard. I want to slay the dragon first to put teams on notice. Plus, if we can't beat them, we don't deserve to be there anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/369279-...mes-of-all-time

i'd rather play the caps than the pens...but hey, as long as we're playing somebody atlanta still scares the heck outta me even if they have a rough schedule ahead.

yeap a point against the devils saturday night would have gone a lone way

and thanks to yesterdays loss to jersey and phillys win today we're looking at the pens right now...and if boston wins tomorrow...then the caps...

Yeah we really need to get on a roll again to end the season,we need to win 4 of the last 6 to be in a good position.Every game is huge now.So far in these big games the habs don't seem to respond very well.They aren't playing terrible they aren't desparate enough.There is no sense of urgency especially on the powerplay lately.

The situation is really tenuous right now. After winning six in a row, I thought we were a lock. Now the Habs are losing games all over the place. We have two more with Carolina, another with Philly, and another with Buffalo. None of those will be easy. There's an Islanders game in there, and of course, we finish the season against the stupid Laffs, who will most likely give us fits no matter what.

The Habs control their own destiny again.....but if the past is any indication, their destiny usually includes a meltdown when it counts most. I hope I'm wrong, and they somehow magically pull it all together, but this whole season has been nothing but inconsistency all around. I know we had a lot of injuries and blah, blah, blah......but why is it when we're healthy we still see performances that stink up the joint? Why is it that one game they can pass and move the puck, then the next, they look like they don't have a clue as to how to do either one?

I like our players, but without strong leadership and an effective system, even an all-star team can look lost out there. It's as if they feel "uncomfortable" when they're winning, and so they panic while trying to "protect" a lead they don't deserve. What happened to the Habs teams that used to come into a building KNOWING they were going to win? I'm well aware that the dynasties of the CH are a thing of the past, but that's not to say that the Red Wings didn't have their "dynasty" very recently, in the "new" NHL. What happened to this organization? Don't they care about being successful any more?

This thread is supposed to be about a "playoff showdown" but they have to get to the playoffs first....and right now, that's anything but guaranteed.

I guess if we're going to see any leadership at all rise to the occasion this season, it had better happen NOW! Or else our "playoff opponents" will be the likes of Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino.

The situation is really tenuous right now. After winning six in a row, I thought we were a lock. Now the Habs are losing games all over the place. We have two more with Carolina, another with Philly, and another with Buffalo. None of those will be easy. There's an Islanders game in there, and of course, we finish the season against the stupid Laffs, who will most likely give us fits no matter what.

The Habs control their own destiny again.....but if the past is any indication, their destiny usually includes a meltdown when it counts most. I hope I'm wrong, and they somehow magically pull it all together, but this whole season has been nothing but inconsistency all around. I know we had a lot of injuries and blah, blah, blah......but why is it when we're healthy we still see performances that stink up the joint? Why is it that one game they can pass and move the puck, then the next, they look like they don't have a clue as to how to do either one?

I like our players, but without strong leadership and an effective system, even an all-star team can look lost out there. It's as if they feel "uncomfortable" when they're winning, and so they panic while trying to "protect" a lead they don't deserve. What happened to the Habs teams that used to come into a building KNOWING they were going to win? I'm well aware that the dynasties of the CH are a thing of the past, but that's not to say that the Red Wings didn't have their "dynasty" very recently, in the "new" NHL. What happened to this organization? Don't they care about being successful any more?

This thread is supposed to be about a "playoff showdown" but they have to get to the playoffs first....and right now, that's anything but guaranteed.

I guess if we're going to see any leadership at all rise to the occasion this season, it had better happen NOW! Or else our "playoff opponents" will be the likes of Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino.

I know it's easy to worry, but to be honest I'm pretty confident that they'll make the playoffs. We see Montreal as being horribly inconsistent, but the reality is that every team is horribly inconsistent. We only notice it with Montreal because we pay them so much attention and watch all their games so closely.

The Habs' 6-2-2 record over the last ten games is the third best in the entire Eastern conference, behind only Buffalo and Toronto ( :blink: ). That's better than Atlanta, that's better than the Rangers... better than really any team that we're playing against. We've also got by far the easiest schedule to close out the year. Add to that the free-fall that Philly's been going through since losing Carter and anyone who puts on a pair of goalie pads and we're in a situation where even if Atlanta or New York absolutely catches fire we're still likely to get in over the Flyers.

Now obviously the Habs still need to win their games, and they can't take anything for granted. But as a fan with absolutely no influence on the game... I've got to admit, I'd be pretty shocked if Montreal didn't make it into the playoffs at this point.

Based on the effort over the last five games, there most likely won't be any playoffs for this squad this year, and if by a stroke of God they do make it, get the brooms out because it will be over quick.

This could be very true ,if they make it it could be like last year. However if we think that way we are already defeated.

if the Habs are 7th or 8th i'd prefer to remember 98/02/04 instead of last year. I'm not going in with a defeatist attitude as a fan. Imagine a SC win from the 7th or 8th seed. There's a lifetime of memories stacked into one playoff season if that happened. I'll stay positive myself.

This could be very true ,if they make it it could be like last year.

However if we think that way we are already defeated.

Like I always have said....even though on paper,were not going in as a contender/favorite....get your foot in the door....who knows....anything/the unexpected is possible.....imagesCAVHAW0I.jpg

Like I always have said....even though on paper,were not going in as a contender/favorite....get your foot in the door....who knows....anything/the unexpected is possible.....imagesCAVHAW0I.jpg

exactly you crawl through a gruling 82 games season to get a foot in the door thats what its all about,

Archived