The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #75, Panthers @ Habs March 25 2010

nhlmaniac_mtl

Guest habs1952

Considering the Habs played last night while the Panthers didn't I'm quite pleased with the Habs win. Great hit(not vicious) by Spacek on Booth. I hope Booth didn't get concussed again but I wonder if he should not have returned this year. Excellent game by Halak but like last night, this should have been a shutout. Way to go Habs!!!

From the Miami Herald

"

On Thursday, Booth was moving the puck along the boards near the Montreal blue line when the veteran Spacek rushed in and hit Booth square in the jaw with his elbow. Booth hit the ice, although he didn't fall face-first as he did following the Richards hit. DeBoer and a number of players said they felt the hit was clean. "

Great win for Montreal! Way to go Habs! Enjoyed that game immensely! ;)

From the Miami Herald

"

On Thursday, Booth was moving the puck along the boards near the Montreal blue line when the veteran Spacek rushed in and hit Booth square in the jaw with his elbow. Booth hit the ice, although he didn't fall face-first as he did following the Richards hit. DeBoer and a number of players said they felt the hit was clean. "

Hahaa! there was no elbow in that hit. The guy literally ran into him! Guy was skating with his head down until last moment. Reversed it on PVR a few times, clean hit all the way. All he got was a nice heavy shoulder pad. Boom! :P

Guest habs1952
From the Miami Herald

"

That hit was clean even under the new rules. Even after the scrum Florida didn't even come anywhere near retaliating for it.

From the Miami Herald

"

Rushed in? Elbow? It was Booth who had all the speed, and it was 100% shoulder. Video is on YouTube. Clean hit.

So let me get this straight. According to RDS, Price with 40 saves does not warrant a star. Halak with 23 saves warrants first star. What a bunch of muppets. RDS are teh sux!!1

yep , feel bad for price

Actually the i had read somewhere that Jason Pominville was # 1 and Price was # 2 ? Could it of been a dream ?

So let me get this straight. According to RDS, Price with 40 saves does not warrant a star. Halak with 23 saves warrants first star. What a bunch of muppets. RDS are teh sux!!1

yep , feel bad for price

Actually the i had read somewhere that Jason Pominville was # 1 and Price was # 2 ? Could it of been a dream ?

Halak made some ridiculous saves in the first while the boys were still sleeping, this team just seems to play better with Halak in nets :blink: Price was great last night but for whatever reason the team decides to play like crap for him... I have Molson Ex seats for the game on Saturday night hopefully another big WIN!!! GO HABS GO!!!

Halak made some ridiculous saves in the first while the boys were still sleeping, this team just seems to play better with Halak in nets :blink: Price was great last night but for whatever reason the team decides to play like crap for him... I have Molson Ex seats for the game on Saturday night hopefully another big WIN!!! GO HABS GO!!!

we faced FLORIDA tonight...let's not confuse trash florida who send e-mails to fans saying they suck with division leaders BUFFALO SABRES.

So hoenstly, the team played well in front of Price last night but took advantage of the fact they were up 2-0 and slacked and screwed Price over.

Halak probably wouldn't have faired better...the prior two games, leafs and sens, they played garbage in front of him.

Well we only gave up 6 shots in the 1st but he made 2 huge saves, 1 in the first and one in the 2nd both on guys in alone. On the whole the team may play better in front of Halak (they have this season, indisputable) but we also must be aware of the fact when simply looking at the last 2 games that tonight we were playing a pretty bad team and still did the samething, sat back a little too much in the 3rd.

Halak played well tonight just like Carey did last night so I'm happy goaltending but I wish we would stop sitting back so early.

we faced FLORIDA tonight...let's not confuse trash florida who send e-mails to fans saying they suck with division leaders BUFFALO SABRES.

So hoenstly, the team played well in front of Price last night but took advantage of the fact they were up 2-0 and slacked and screwed Price over.

Halak probably wouldn't have faired better...the prior two games, leafs and sens, they played garbage in front of him.

To go even further, Martin had the right personnel on the ice tonight at the right time. Last night he had offensive guys like Cam (who failed to clear the puck) and AK out there for some reason. Tonight he had guys like Pleks and Gionta out there. HUGE difference. If it's not for Pleks picking off the puck and empty netting it we'd likely be in the exact same situation. The Panthers were pressing.

I think that it was absolutley disgraceful that they did not play Price tonight. Yeah I'm glad the habs won tonight, but after a performance Price had last night he deserved the start. 42 shots against.....against Buffalo sitting 3rd in the east!!! Anyone who watched the game would have seen;

Buffalo's first goal....4 men sitting in front of the net. Not to mention Price was squared up to the shot, it got bobbled by the defencemen and went right onto a buffalo's stick. NOT HIS FAULT.

Buffalo's second goal......again 4 men in front of the net...Price makes a couple of huge saves puck bouncing around in front of the net and Cammalleri is standing there watching the play instead of taking a man in front. And of course it was his man that scored. NOT PRICE'S FAULT.

Just disgraceful to treat a star goalie like Price!!!

To go even further, Martin had the right personnel on the ice tonight at the right time. Last night he had offensive guys like Cam (who failed to clear the puck) and AK out there for some reason. Tonight he had guys like Pleks and Gionta out there. HUGE difference. If it's not for Pleks picking off the puck and empty netting it we'd likely be in the exact same situation. The Panthers were pressing.

I agree with you about Martin's player selection tonight at the end of the game. Much better. I also understand why he had AK on the ice when he normally wouldn't have been in the Buffalo game. Every coach wants to help a player complete a hat trick. That was the one and only reason AK was out there. For him to possibly be the hero, hungry for his third goal, you just have to give him that chance. Those hunches and sudden decisions are all part of being a coach, and had it worked out for the best everyone would have been singing the praises for Jacques. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

I think we have come back and played two really solid games after the embarrassing shut out to Ottawa, and obvioulsy we should have beaten Buffalo, but those things happen. Look what we did to the Ducks!

I'm very proud of our team and what we have accomplished in the past 10 games. 7-1-2 and 16 of 20 points. How can we complain about that record.

Go Habs Go!

Archived