The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #75, Panthers @ Habs March 25 2010

nhlmaniac_mtl

I didn't get a chance to post last night so I'll combine what I'm thinking about last nights game with tonights game...

It's a shame that the team sitting in front of Price blew a 2-0 lead in the last 2 minutes of the game against the Sabres. Price even made enormous saves being down 2-1, point blank incredible saves. He has no blame in the loss against the Sabres.

It's just funny how Price supporters are so blind as to say "it's disgraceful JM started Halak tonight". This isn't a ball hockey league. Halak has been getting this team results since the start of the season. Which ever conspiracy theory blinded Price fans want to get into, it doesn't in ANY WAY WHAT SO EVER justify why Price should have started tonight. If simple statistics such as wins, save %, and GAA arn't good enough then how about the general performance of the team when they have Halak in net? Regardless of how well Price plays, Halak continues to go above and beyond him. The saves Halak made tonight (overall) much more difficult and at more important points of the game (again overall).

I'm not a fan of JM but if he's done anything positive for this team it's been in the last couple of months. By finally recognizing who the better, more consistent goalie is, and actually having the balls to to finally declare him as our go to guy he's pretty much gotten us into the playoffs when our Habs were looking down and out.

There is way to much pressure to play Price on this team, and if it weren't for his hype he wouldn't have even featured in half the games he has this season. JM realized he couldn't just play Price for the sake of playing Price, but that this team was desperate for wins and he was left with no choice but to play Halak.

Halak made some ridiculous saves in the first while the boys were still sleeping, this team just seems to play better with Halak in nets :blink: Price was great last night but for whatever reason the team decides to play like crap for him... I have Molson Ex seats for the game on Saturday night hopefully another big WIN!!! GO HABS GO!!!

that theory is real bad, with Price in net on Wednesdaynight we dominated the game and led for 57mins

I think that it was absolutley disgraceful that they did not play Price tonight. Yeah I'm glad the habs won tonight, but after a performance Price had last night he deserved the start. 42 shots against.....against Buffalo sitting 3rd in the east!!! Anyone who watched the game would have seen;

Buffalo's first goal....4 men sitting in front of the net. Not to mention Price was squared up to the shot, it got bobbled by the defencemen and went right onto a buffalo's stick. NOT HIS FAULT.

Buffalo's second goal......again 4 men in front of the net...Price makes a couple of huge saves puck bouncing around in front of the net and Cammalleri is standing there watching the play instead of taking a man in front. And of course it was his man that scored. NOT PRICE'S FAULT.

Just disgraceful to treat a star goalie like Price!!!

Not Price's fault = Yes. He played great

But Price is the backup now and that is what happens, especially if the TEAM wants to make the playoffs.

RDS is a bunch of morons. Seriously, they are the biggest set of drama queens.

It's like eveything else, you take the goods from them and leave the bad. RDS show every game and have a ton of coverage. I like RDS.

Hab-banana.gif

I'd have to check the COC, but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to post a banana without a goal being scored. :P

Just kidding... Was really nice to get a win last night and get a lil bit of breathing room. Every win puts us that much closer to a playoff spot.

You know that 'ol saying... If a tree falls in the forest, does any body hear it?

Well, if no one's on the page, does the banana still dance?

:lol:

I'd have to check the COC, but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to post a banana without a goal being scored. :P

Just kidding... Was really nice to get a win last night and get a lil bit of breathing room. Every win puts us that much closer to a playoff spot.

You know that 'ol saying... If a tree falls in the forest, does any body hear it?

it does! how else could that move be so perfect he it doesn't practice non stop? :D

:P and yes it does.

Archived