The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mike Weir... Of Bright's Grove On, We Get It!

squ1g33

Mike Weir of Bright's Grove, Ont., was also in the mix, firing a 73 to stay three shots back of the leaders. Calgary's Stephen Ames wasn't so lucky, hitting a 71 to finish the round at even par, seven shots off the pace.
ok ok ok, when are they (TSN) going to stop writing where he is from. Do we sports fans (golf) in all of Canada have to hear where he is from every single time he is mentioned?

Does this not strike anyone as peculiar? Kind of like always writing; Wayne Gretzky of Brantford ON, every single time..... enough already.

LMAO...I thought I was the only one that this bothered.

here is the new article today from TSN, in case we missed yesterday's.... After all, I don't think people caught it the first 7,821 times. :blink:

Calgary's Stephen Ames shot his second straight 71 to climb to nine shots back, while Mike Weir of Bright's Grove, Ont., fell 11 strokes behind with a 77.
And why is it not Stephen Ames of Calgary via Trinidad and Tobago?

Sunday March 28th - final round play from tsn.ca

Calgary's Stephen Ames managed to finish his round with a 75 that places him 13 shots back, while Mike Weir of Bright's Grove, Ont., also finished with a 74 to sit 14 strokes behind.
where is Mike Weir from again?

Archived