The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Bulldogs Moving To Laval?

Guest Kovy-27

Guest Kovy-27

http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/296411.html

I really like the idea to be able to see The Bulldogs play and fell that Mr.Vaillancourt would give a nice gift to all Lavalois.I would like to see our young talent play every Friday Night and just paying a fraction of the price I would for a Habs game.

Hope it happens but I know that the local people in Hamilton are very loyal and it's sad to take the dogs away from them.

http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/296411.html

I really like the idea to be able to see The Bulldogs play and fell that Mr.Vaillancourt would give a nice gift to all Lavalois.I would like to see our young talent play every Friday Night and just paying a fraction of the price I would for a Habs game.

Hope it happens but I know that the local people in Hamilton are very loyal and it's sad to take the dogs away from them.

We've tried that before in the Montreal area and it never works out too good for the AHL or minor league teams. Think about it, most would rather stay home Saturday/Friday night and catch the Habs on TV (or at Le Cage), instead of missing the game to go see the bulldogs play. It's a nice idea for Laval, but I don't see it ending well. Honestly, the AHL works in Hamilton cos it's the closest thing they have to a professional hockey team. They could always jump in their cars, take the 45 minute trip down the 401, then battle downtown Toronto traffic for another 20 minutes before finally making it to the game. It's just far enough from TO to draw people out to the games.

If the bulldogs were to relocate to Quebec, they'd have to be at least 40 minutes away. I don't think Laval is far enough, I say let Hamilton have the bulldogs. Hamiltonians seem to really like the bulldogs... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They use to have the Habs farm team in Sherbrooke. You'd have to do a bit of research to see what went down there, I don't remember why they left Sherbrooke. I guess that could always be an option.

Guest Kovy-27

I get your point but I do bealive that there's a nice fan base that would actually go see them play.Also,It's a fact that the Canadiens has grown a lot in popularity over the last few decades.Maybe Laval is a bit too close but I do think that there's a lot of families that can't afford to go see the Canadiens live in person because the tickets are too expensive.

I mean,if we look at the current rosters,names like P.K Subban,Max Pacioretty,David Desharnais,Yannick Weber,Curtis Sanford are all big names that would make me go see them play as a fan.Let's not forget that each season,we always get atleast one skilled player down in the farm team like Sergei Kostitsyn,Benoit Pouliot and Marc-André Bergeron this season.Think about the buzz surronding the Bulldogs if Cammalleri did indeed play for the farm team like he wanted before his come-back?

Like I said before,the local folks in Hamilton are really loyal and it's going to be hard to make it happen.I do get your point but I think there's a lot more people then you think that would be willing to watch them play.Heck,I hardly get the chance to see the habs play live because the tickets are always sold-out.Atleast with the Dogs I would have a chance to see a pro team play almost for free.The difference between the Dogs and previous pro team that tried is that we know these players will be playing for us soon.

Come to Halifax Please !!!! Nova Scotia Voyageurs 1971 to 1984

Keith Acton

Dave Allison

Guy Carbonneau

Dan Daoust

Ken Dryden

Brian Engblom

Yvon Lambert

Gilles Lupien

Mike McPhee

Rick Meagher

Pierre Mondou

Bob Murray

Bill Nyrop

Noel Price

Larry Robinson

Michel Therrien

John Van Boxmeer

Ron Wilson

In the Q nobody compares to Halifax except maybe Quebec City. We have a long history of having A Team affiliated with the Montreal farm system. The formula for success here is to have a tough / physical team that is willing to give their all on the ice. Check out the players above for some examples . It also does not hurt if a few Nova Scotians make the team ! :D

Come to Halifax Please !!!! Nova Scotia Voyageurs 1971 to 1984

Keith Acton

Dave Allison

Guy Carbonneau

Dan Daoust

Ken Dryden

Brian Engblom

Yvon Lambert

Gilles Lupien

Mike McPhee

Rick Meagher

Pierre Mondou

Bob Murray

Bill Nyrop

Noel Price

Larry Robinson

Michel Therrien

John Van Boxmeer

Ron Wilson

In the Q nobody compares to Halifax except maybe Quebec City. We have a long history of having A Team affiliated with the Montreal farm system. The formula for success here is to have a tough / physical team that is willing to give their all on the ice. Check out the players above for some examples . It also does not hurt if a few Nova Scotians make the team ! :D

Hear hear!!! I would watch them every game.

You know - this may or may not happen - but at this point with the Bulldogs being one of their best incarnations ever - 2nd best in the whole AHL with a legitimate shot at a cup, exciting players PK, Cedric and many many others - why don't we focus on now??? They won't be in Laval this season (or probably not for another few!). Priority at the moment shouod be seeing and cheering on our guys to go as far as they can - I hope the Habs do too - but at this point I think the Bulldogs are our best hope for hockey in June. :D

Guest Carey_Price

Isn't Hamilton happy with having the bulldogs? why take it away if they have fans there? I believe they're average is somewhere between 4500-5500 which can't be that bad for a farm team.

Isn't Hamilton happy with having the bulldogs? why take it away if they have fans there? I believe they're average is somewhere between 4500-5500 which can't be that bad for a farm team.

Actually, it's a lot closer to 3500, which is pitiful, considering the rink, and the size of the city.

You know - this may or may not happen - but at this point with the Bulldogs being one of their best incarnations ever - 2nd best in the whole AHL with a legitimate shot at a cup, exciting players PK, Cedric and many many others - why don't we focus on now??? They won't be in Laval this season (or probably not for another few!). Priority at the moment shouod be seeing and cheering on our guys to go as far as they can - I hope the Habs do too - but at this point I think the Bulldogs are our best hope for hockey in June. :D

Well said swansee. I hope that all the Habs fan will join us in cheering on our HAMILTON Bulldogs.

GO DOGS GO!!!

• 1 month later...
How much is it to see AHL games?

Not sure about Hamilton regular season or playoffs, but I have season tickets for the Adirondack Phantoms (ugh...I know, farm club of Philly....). Anyway, the prices are quite reasonable. I sit at center ice 5 rows up and pay $560/season ticket pass. I purchased 2 and my buddy has 2 next to me.

Great way to watch the future of the league for cheap. Also nice when regular NHL guys are sent down to rehab.

Great support of the Bulldogs playoff run Hamilton!!! Let's see: Game 1 attendance = 1896; Game 2 = 2844

Sad. Absolutely SAD!!!

Conference finals attendance for games 1 and 2 are 2977(Friday night) and 2897(Sunday afternoon). It's just pathetic especially since Copps can seat over 17,000 for a hockey game. Pretty sad that not even all those bandwagon fans that attended the Dogs games in the Calder final a few years ago won't even attend conference final games.

Expect the Bulldogs to move away from Hamilton as soon as they possibly can.

Not sure about Hamilton regular season or playoffs, but I have season tickets for the Adirondack Phantoms (ugh...I know, farm club of Philly....). Anyway, the prices are quite reasonable. I sit at center ice 5 rows up and pay $560/season ticket pass. I purchased 2 and my buddy has 2 next to me.

Great way to watch the future of the league for cheap. Also nice when regular NHL guys are sent down to rehab.

A Montreal Canadiens season ticket pass for the same seat would be at least 10 times as expensive. Yet, the Canadiens can easily sell 17,000 season tickets (really, tickets not sold for individual games), since the NHL rules obliges them to keep 4,000 tickets per game for same-day sales, year after year.

How much is it to see AHL games?

In Hamilton about 16$ a game for STHs - but you have to buy the whole season.

Walk up is 23 (26 for playoffs) but there are many deals around town and STHs can buy cheaper tickets for friends.

Hamilton does not charge extra based on location

Archived