The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Down Goes Brown

Yes, ok, I read a Maple Laffs blog regularly, but to be honest the guy is too funny not to read it now and then since he's a big leafs fan and all he does it make fun of them.

A week or so ago he made a video about the NHL on NBC to describe the Canadian teams and I thought it was pretty good.

Main site - http://www.downgoesbrown.com/

NHL on NBC promo - http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/03/nbc-nhl.html

• 2 weeks later...
Well, he is a bit biased in a few things... but otherwise I thought it was pretty good.

Well the whole thing was satirical and sarcastical, so I'm not sure if I'd even call it biased as much as "sterotypical".

I also didn't realize he did that flowchart, I know someone posted it in the past and I found it pretty funny.

• 1 month later...
Did anyone see the *revised* version of the Feels Like 93 song he did? I laughed in spite of myself... :blink:

You see we don't draft guys who can help win games

But we do draft guys who have got french names

I believed it was meant to be

But our forwards look a little like five-foot-three

So let's watch the police helicopter in the sky

And party on the streets and try not to die.

I kind of hate myself for laughing, but those parts were hilarious.

He has a post about other jerk moves, I loved this one:

'When presented with a seven-year contract offer from the Flyers last year, immediately signed it instead of politely saying "Um, maybe you should go back and re-read the CBA"'

and a nice little shot at Burke "Lead the Anaheim Ducks to a Stanley Cup after being acquired in a deal with the Oilers, which apparently gave GM Brian Burke the idea that trading two first round picks for a star player is a good idea."

He has a post about other jerk moves, I loved this one:

'When presented with a seven-year contract offer from the Flyers last year, immediately signed it instead of politely saying "Um, maybe you should go back and re-read the CBA"'

and a nice little shot at Burke "Lead the Anaheim Ducks to a Stanley Cup after being acquired in a deal with the Oilers, which apparently gave GM Brian Burke the idea that trading two first round picks for a star player is a good idea."

Sorry, meant "other jerk moves by Pronger"

Archived