The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ohl Playoff Thread

Hopefully this is the right place for this thread. Hopefully there are a few people who even look at the OHL. I'm from Kitchener and I do camera and I direct for the Kitchener Rangers broadcasts on Rogers TV. Right now Kitchener is in a series with rival London Knights, tied 1-1. It promises to be a great series after a very enjoyable game 2 in Kitchener.

Other round 2 matchups are:

Windsor Spitfires vs Plymouth Whalers

Barrie Colts vs Brampton Battalion

Ottawa 67s vs St. Michael's Majors

Discuss. (Maybe?)

Rangers win in OT. What a game, 8-7! About 10 minutes to get the call from upstairs on the game winning goal. I've never heard a whole building chanting "goal, goal, goal" while the refs on the phone.

Windsor also won in OT finishing their series. Winning goal scorer (and former Ranger) Scott Timmins is one step closer to his third consecutive OHL championship.

Come on people!!! Get excited about the OHL and comment here!

How's Jeff Skinner looking? Draft eligible this year. Despite being small in size, he had 50 goals in the regular season and now 20 points in 13 playoff games.

He outclassed Kadri in this series. He seemed to want it way more. He's that kind of player, he always wants to win. He also loves the game, you almost never see him without a huge grin on his face. He's an obvious offensive threat, and his defensive play is not lacking, but I think that scouts are worried about that aspect because he is small and the NHL is that much better. He will be drafted late in the first round most likely, and I would really like to see Montreal take a chance on him. He's a great team player, he has fought for him team mates and distributes the puck better 5 on 5 than Kadri I think. The only thing is, I don't think he's quite big enough to play centre in the NHL, but he would make a very good winger. He always works hard, reminding me of a Brian Gionta or Marty St. Louis, because of his size, and how one really doesn't notice him being small or being knocked off the puck. I'm looking forward to him playing head to head against Taylor Hall.

And another kid, Ryan Murphy for the Rangers just turned 17 and oh man, he looks like the next P.K Subban. He might even end up better, I would be surprised if he didn't go first round when he is eligible. Look out for him, he's going to be incredible.

Archived