The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Fan Forum History

beaubie

Ever since I first started coming here (which wasn't too long ago) I had always wondered about how this place was in the beginning. Seeing some members have been here a while, I was curious about how the forum was made. And if the Canadiens are the only team that have a separate forum from their NHL site. I just thought it'd be kinda interesting to know how it started. Who were the first ones on here and how was it that they were.

Anyone care to enlighten me? :D

Thanks

• 4 months later...

http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showuser=1

Not sure...but HabsAdmin above link may be able to answer your question.

I notice that his joined date goes as far back as August/04 (I'm assuming this is when this forum started up)............and many of the long time members on here join dates are not till sometime in /05...though a few are also back in /04.

I notice that his joined date goes as far back as August/04 (I'm assuming this is when this forum started up)............and many of the long time members on here join dates are not till sometime in /05...though a few are also back in /04.

Thanks for pointing that out FH#10. I actually had forgotten that I started this thread. lol

The first day God created light and the habs forum.

:lol: Yes...

Baubie dear I like your mind

You like me are the inquisitive kind

I too have wandered where it began

Just how long this forum has ran

Just exactly who has the most post's

Are the HABS really the host's

Do any players read these words

Are many on here simply nerds

How often do fans get banned

Are there some who are forever canned

Yes Beabie I can see when you get to my age you will be

A mind full of useless information just like me

But it's just fun learning though I hated school

But throughout life there is just one rule

Have fun

GO HABS GO :D :D

The Habs aren't the only team with a fan board, but I think ours is one of the most active. :3

Yeah, a lot of the NHL teams switched over to this terrible software and very busy forums (like the Leafs) started to become dead as more and more left for HFBoards.

Yeah, a lot of the NHL teams switched over to this terrible software and very busy forums (like the Leafs) started to become dead as more and more left for HFBoards.

;) Yea....I remember all the talk about that & potentially happening over here.....we were soooooo nervous of the thought.......thank God it never arrived.

We like & enjoy this forum the way it is set up thank you.

HabsAdmin is an account for the member of the Habs staff who looks after the forum, it has belonged to multiple people.

That account, as well as "Webmaster" were created before the forum was "live". You can tell on Sep. 14, 2004 people started actually joining.

HabsAdmin is an account for the member of the Habs staff who looks after the forum, it has belonged to multiple people.

That account, as well as "Webmaster" were created before the forum was "live". You can tell on Sep. 14, 2004 people started actually joining.

Always wondered this. Thanks.

Ever since I first started coming here (which wasn't too long ago) I had always wondered about how this place was in the beginning. Seeing some members have been here a while, I was curious about how the forum was made. And if the Canadiens are the only team that have a separate forum from their NHL site. I just thought it'd be kinda interesting to know how it started. Who were the first ones on here and how was it that they were.

Anyone care to enlighten me? :D

Thanks

I recall the Devils and the Islanders having boards separated from the rest of the NHL system.

I always preferred the well trained and experienced gladiators

Gladiators are soooooooo overrated. If you look at the WP60 stat (Wounds per 60 minutes), you'll see that most gladiators do their best work after at least one chained tiger emerges from the colosseum floor. This is, of course, only relevant using a sample of gladiators who start their first attacking sequence without any CPWIBVC (Concealed Previous Wounds Inflicted By Vengeful Caesar) or EMDTDFMTA (Extra Motivation Due To Dead Family Members To Avenge).

Gladiators are soooooooo overrated. If you look at the WP60 stat (Wounds per 60 minutes), you'll see that most gladiators do their best work after at least one chained tiger emerges from the colosseum floor. This is, of course, only relevant using a sample of gladiators who start their first attacking sequence without any CPWIBVC (Concealed Previous Wounds Inflicted By Vengeful Caesar) or EMDTDFMTA (Extra Motivation Due To Dead Family Members To Avenge).

Moneypuck.....is that you? :blink::lol:

Archived