The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #81- Canadiens @ Carolina - April 8th - 7:30pm Est

Kubby31

Of course the STUPID Laffs lose (probably on purpose) to the STUPID Rags while all we could get last night was the STUPID loser point against the STUPID Islanders.

Which makes this game against Crapolina even more important.....which, therefore, also means the Habs will probably come out sleeping on all cylinders.

Then, on the last day of the season, the STUPID Laffs will get their chance to kill us....and you KNOW they will play like it's game seven of the finals, while it takes Montreal 40 minutes just to figure out how to make a pass on the tape of one of their own players.

Ah, the wacky world of being a Habs fan!

My prediction in this game: Habs desperately hold on to a tie score for the last 35 minutes of the game, using everything they've got just to clear the puck out of their zone, which they will only do once every six or eight attempts. The only reason the 'Canes don't blow away the Habs is because no one notices that a sheet of clear plexiglas is blocking the front of the Montreal net.

Of course the STUPID Laffs lose (probably on purpose) to the STUPID Rags while all we could get last night was the STUPID loser point against the STUPID Islanders.

Which makes this game against Crapolina even more important.....which, therefore, also means the Habs will probably come out sleeping on all cylinders.

Then, on the last day of the season, the STUPID Laffs will get their chance to kill us....and you KNOW they will play like it's game seven of the finals, while it takes Montreal 40 minutes just to figure out how to make a pass on the tape of one of their own players.

Ah, the wacky world of being a Habs fan!

My prediction in this game: Habs desperately hold on to a tie score for the last 35 minutes of the game, using everything they've got just to clear the puck out of their zone, which they will only do once every six or eight attempts. The only reason the 'Canes don't blow away the Habs is because no one notices that a sheet of clear plexiglas is blocking the front of the Montreal net.

:lol: ...but other than those things...we should win...right!? :lol:

Gret GDT FH#10 like the pics

Don't care who's in nets as long as the team plays to win

I feel my optimism beginning to flag

My shoulders are beginning to sag

It's a long way from April until October

Think I will hibernate until summers over

Find a place to go and hide

Eat my words and swallow my pride

No way not me there's nothing doing

For picking this team I'll not be ruing

I will not be a loser I won't give in

There are still two games to win

If we all have faith and feel the same

The team has no one but themselves to blame

I know we are the hardest fans to please

But some teams have no fans to appease

So come on lads just get going

There's all summer long for lawns to be mowing

In front of the TV I would rather sit

Than sit around a b-b-q pit

Just to sit watching you play your best

The other games, well we'll forget the rest

You have to play with heart and soul

It's the only way to score another goal

Now it's the hurricanes we have to play again

Please not like last time no more of the same

Now it's the A team we like to watch play

Hopefully the B team has been put away

If you can't play two games to win

I know I shouldn't say this it might be a sin

I hope at golf you really suck

Can't sink your ball get no luck

Your swing will be like shots you didn't take

Your putt like goals you couldn't make

Perhaps you should lose have an easy time

Give my brain a rest nearly run out of rhyme

Don't mean that really just want you to WIN WIN WIN and I hope your golf is great if you get to play any

GO HABS GO :D :D

:lol: ...but other than those things...we should win...right!? :lol:

"Should" being the key word there. Yes, the players SHOULD show up, SHOULD play with some intensity, passion and desperation, SHOULD play a full sixty minutes.....but I'm afraid what's more likely is that they will, if they're LUCKY, back into a playoff spot with another loser point.

I can see the memo, taped to each player's locker: "Boys, these next two games are important. I would like to see us play a couple of very good games.....but, the good news is we can actually lose both games and still make the playoffs, as long as at least one of them is an overtime or shootout loss. So remember, once we score a goal, the object for the rest of the game is lay back and try to clear the puck. But make sure the score is tied first."

Perhaps the biggest game of the season. The boys better show up and play a solid 60 mins.

Boy, that point (possibly two) Chris Lee stole from us against Pittsburgh awhile back is coming back to bite us; just like I figured it would :rolleyes:. However, we just need one point in the next two games (I'm obviously hoping for four though!)

Less than 24hrs to puck drop.......

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Should" being the key word there. Yes, the players SHOULD show up, SHOULD play with some intensity, passion and desperation, SHOULD play a full sixty minutes.....but I'm afraid what's more likely is that they will, if they're LUCKY, back into a playoff spot with another loser point.

I can see the memo, taped to each player's locker: "Boys, these next two games are important. I would like to see us play a couple of very good games.....but, the good news is we can actually lose both games and still make the playoffs, as long as at least one of them is an overtime or shootout loss. So remember, once we score a goal, the object for the rest of the game is lay back and try to clear the puck. But make sure the score is tied first."

That is what I hope is not the mentality.

You didn't mention who wrote the memo....sounds familiar.....I'll guess it was initialed JM?

Hope to see Price in nets, he played very well versus Carolina the last time.

We should rest Halak for the playoffs and use Carey for the last two games, I'm sure he can clinch the playoffs.

Habs need A LOT of things to go wrong to not make the playoffs so ride Carey for the last two games and give Halak the rest.

Archived