The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #81- Canadiens @ Carolina - April 8th - 7:30pm Est

Kubby31

I am nervous tonight people

as you should be because the Canes will probably want this more than we will

how far do you think the habs will make in the playoffs? Im guessing a first round elimination.

when did we clinch?

I hate to be a downer, but Carolina will win this game. They play an uptempo style of hockey with an aggressive forecheck and committed puck pursuit on the dump-in, both of which give our slow, weak, soft team all kinds of problems below the hash marks.

If we make it to OT (and thereby secure a playoff spot), it will be more than I expect.

I sadly have to agree

We haven't but probably will because we only need 1 point to clinch and if we don't we end up in 9th it that just plain blows.

we dont seem interested in playing next week, or we didnt on tuesday thas for sure

how far do you think the habs will make in the playoffs? Im guessing a first round elimination.

They'll get their regulatory 1 win (thanks in part to a stand-on-their-head performance from a goaltender) and then subsequently lose 4 straight, which has now happened (I think) in almost every single series dating back to the first Carolina 2nd round loss when Bill Lindsay lost that faceoff in overtime.

Basically the only thing consistent about this team in the playoffs is that they will fold in dramatic 4 straight games no matter what when the going gets tough.

They'll get their regulatory 1 win (thanks in part to a stand-on-their-head performance from a goaltender) and then subsequently lose 4 straight, which has now happened (I think) in almost every single series dating back to the first Carolina 2nd round loss when Bill Lindsay lost that faceoff in overtime.

Basically the only thing consistent about this team in the playoffs is that they will fold in dramatic 4 straight games no matter what when the going gets tough.

if we make it in this group would provide more fight than past groups i believe that

I hate to be a downer, but Carolina will win this game. They play an uptempo style of hockey with an aggressive forecheck and committed puck pursuit on the dump-in, both of which give our slow, weak, soft team all kinds of problems below the hash marks.

If we make it to OT (and thereby secure a playoff spot), it will be more than I expect.

lololololol.... How can management discuss team strategy with a straight face . man I would love to be a fly on the wall in those meeting:

- JM, are we fast?

- Nope.

- JM, are we strong?

- Nope

- then what do you suggest?

- Play to our strengths.... Fake a punition, score a PP - then scurry, scramble and hide until we get to the overtime.

- Sounds good JM, but, what happens when we go to the playoffs, where there is no OT format of 4 on 4 or SO?????

- hmmmm, I have no idea.

i just wonder- and believe me- there are things that partners don't do to each other- and since we are rooting for the same team- doesn't that make us partners?

i think so- kids through adults, but the emphasis is on the kid part of being a fan- when we form our habits and get out attitudes without fear of penalties that go on our record for life.

i believe that negative comments are unappreciated by the community in general, and then to vouchsafe them in an adult sphere of philosophy is both less than happenstance and more than obscure motivation.

in other words- if the negative is palpable- don't post it.

If we play Buffalo, I like our chances. TBH I think the only reason they are where they are is because of Miller.

Goaltending will take us past the first round......I'll guess second!

No way. We'll be out in six if we play the Sabres and five if we play anyone else. But like I've said, playing Buffalo is our best chance. We can hope for an upset in the Caps and Pens series' so we don't have to deal with them. lol

i just wonder- and believe me- there are things that partners don't do to each other- and since we are rooting for the same team- doesn't that make us partners?

i think so- kids through adults, but the emphasis is on the kid part of being a fan- when we form our habits and get out attitudes without fear of penalties that go on our record for life.

i believe that negative comments are unappreciated by the community in general, and then to vouchsafe them in an adult sphere of philosophy is both less than happenstance and more than obscure motivation.

in other words- if the negative is palpable- don't post it.

Nice...I can tell you are a "glass half full" kind of guy! I like it...like it alot! Bananas to you my friend! :D

lololololol.... How can management discuss team strategy with a straight face . man I would love to be a fly on the wall in those meeting:

- JM, are we fast?

- Nope.

- JM, are we strong?

- Nope

- then what do you suggest?

- Play to our strengths.... Fake a punition, score a PP - then scurry, scramble and hide until we get to the overtime.

- Sounds good JM, but, what happens when we go to the playoffs, where there is no OT format of 4 on 4 or SO?????

- hmmmm, I have no idea.

hey....we're....fast.... :unsure:

I doubt we will make it far. Boston still has the possibility to pass us if they go on a winning streak to the end. If we do make it in first round it will be because of Halak or Price. I think our defensive play style is horrible. I think our offence is more cold than hot. The only thing I see is that guys like Gomez, Gionta and Cammalari will spring up. LaPierre had a beautiful goal the last game, he may even be a spark in the playoffs. Overall, I don't think this team has a shot at the big cahoonies.. not this year.

I do hope they play well tonight. Well time to go watch it :)

Think back to 1966.....May......7th game of the Stanley Cup Finals....Chicago (Bobby Hull, Mikita, Glenn Hall & Company) are the opponents. The game is played in the Forum........everything you read in the papers leading up to the game is about how much pressure there is on the Habitants to win a 2nd Cup in a row.

Time to hold the sticks tights.......................Wrong

The Habbies blow the Hawks away & Charle Hodge gets his shut-out....6-0

(it was over in the first period)

Common sense should tell JM to let the boys play loose tonight.......buzz the Canes......cause they can do the job on Saturday if need be. (Yes there is some breathing room for tonite.....let's not psyche ourselves out here.......)

If this team can play the game with soft hands on the sticks tonight....we can win it.....Halak can hold the fort......(just call Kirk or Spock to raise the force field around the net again)

Remember a few years back when the Refs (I mean the Canes) won the Cup for Carolina......they owned that Montreal team during the season....but that first game in the playoffs.........the Habbies played loose & blew them away. Had it not been for the refs (3 blind mice) in that series (poking our Capitan's eye just about out....with NO PENALTY) they would have won that series.

I'm afraid of who the refs in this game are.........I hope it isn't deja vu.

I'm pretty sure we'll know who will win this game by the end of the first period.

Remember......the Canes have the second best record in the East after Alex (Oh wow) & company...so don't let the standings fool anybody....this is a good team that had a lousey start to the year

Remember....Left.....Left...left (turn).....(as in the speedway) - ever wonder why racing cars in Canes Ville is so popular.....no maps....it's left...left....left...left..... :lol: to get home

Why are so many people worried about saturday it might never happen the world could end between now and then, let's just think about tonight then worry about the next game, an old lady once said to me

Yesterdays gone forget it , to morrow never comes don't worry about it , today is here use it.

That is the best advice I ever received What is the use of worrying it never changes anything just get on with life and enjoy it, so if we don't win tonight or make the playoffs there is always next season if the world is still here, now that is something to worry about, all I know is I want them to win sssssooooo bbbaaddddd, but if they don't , no ifs they are going to win , do you hear that HABS

GO HABS GO :D :D

Archived