w4.gifvs w5.gif

1. Wed April 14, 2010 Detroit @ Pheonix 10:00 PM TSN, VERSUS
  2. Fri April 16, 2010 Detroit @ Pheonix 10:00 PM TSN, VERSUS
  3. Sun April 18, 2010 Pheonix @ Detroit 3:00 PM TSN, NBC
  4. Tue April 20, 2010 Pheonix @ Detroit 6:30 PM TSN
  5. Fri April 23, 2010 Detroit @ Pheonix 10:00 PM (if necessary) TSN, VERSUS
  6. Sun April 25, 2010 Pheonix @ Detroit 2:00 PM (if necessary) TSN, NBC
  7. Tue April 27, 2010 Detroit @ Pheonix TBD PM (if necessary) TSN

Phoenix has had a great season... but they sure didn't get a great draw. They'll be in tough to make it out of round 1 against the wings, I think

Agreed. With the Wings getting hot at the right time, tons of talent, lots of playoff experience, and a good coach... that's a tall order.

Phoenix has had a great season... but they sure didn't get a great draw. They'll be in tough to make it out of round 1 against the wings, I think

I agree with you on the Wings winning this one, but I've seen a lot of people pickink Detroit in 4. This is where I don't agree. The Coyotes had a 100 + points season and they do belong. I expect the Wings to win this one in 6 games, but it might makes the distance. We will have an anwser soon.

I think the Wings will win this one in 6. The matchups are just favoring them and if they can manage a split in Phoenix they should dominate at home. Pretty much all of their lines are good 2-way lines and Zetterberg and Franzen will carry them offensively. Funny story is that Datsyuk other than the year they won the cup has been subpar in the playoffs.

Phoenix could win this though with their balanced scoring attack but unless Bryzgalov gets a couple shutouts I dunno if they can score enough to win especially in Detroit. Shane Doan's line had better play amazingly, but the Wings totally shutdown Rick Nash (and the rest of the team) most of the series last year in the first round.

I think that Phoenix pulls it out. Detroit is hot, but I think the Coyotes will just somehow find enough magic to make it work. They've got the edge in goaltending, which is going to be very key in this series.

Bryzgalov is a game breaker, and perhaps one of the biggest reasons for the Yotes 100 point season, but I don't think their edge in goaltending is that big. Howard has seemed to prove himself, and although playoffs are a whole different ball game for rookie goalies, even ones who've had incredible seasons (i.e Steve Mason), I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Howard out goaltend Ilya.

Iyla Bryzgolov.

That just lowered the Red Wings chances a lot. And seeing as I live in Red Wings country, I hope the Coyotes smash the Wings in 4. I'll be pulling for them all the way. You never know how the new guys to the playoffs will react, and thats the only problem. But if they are all playoff warriors, it won't be a problem for long.

oh nice shot

1-1

look at that place go wild...its so nice to see a team that barely brought in 1000 people last season sell out basically the whole season and tonight seeing it explode...very nice, kudos to those players and dave tippet once again

Archived