e2.gifvs e7.gif

1. Wed April 14, 2010 Philadelphia @ New Jersey 7;30 PM TSN
  2. Fri April 16, 2010 Philadelphia @ New Jersey 7;30 PM TSN
  3. Sun April 18, 2010 New Jersey @ Philadelphia 6;00 PM TSN
  4. Tue April 20, 2010 New Jersey @ Philadelphia 7;30 PM TSN2
  5. Thu April 22, 2010 Philadelphia @ New Jersey 7;00 PM (if necessary) TSN
  6. Sun April 25, 2010 New Jersey @ Philadelphia TBD (if necessary) TSN
  7. Tue April 27, 2010 Philadelphia @ New Jersey 7;30 PM (if necessary) TSN

I think Philly's got some talent and has enough size to hurt some teams in the playoffs, but with snipers like Parise and Kovalchuk against a goalie like Boucher... I'm not sure Philly can pull this one out. Lemaire will also find a way to exploit any Flyer weaknesses and play down their own.

I could be WAAAAY off but I'm actually picking the Devils to come out of the East.

Apparently Philly did really good in the season series... :blink:

Oct 3, 2009: PHI (5) - NJD (2)

Nov 16, 2009: NJD (2) - PHI (3)

Dec 12, 2009: PHI (1) - NJD (4)

Feb 8, 2010: NJD (2) - PHI (3)

Feb 10, 2010: PHI (3) - NJD (2) OT

Mar 28, 2010: NJD (1) - PHI (5)

Season series: 5-1 PHI (20 Goals For, 13 Goals Against)

Not far fetch....very possible.

Yep, I'm with you guys as well. I can't pick the Caps (for obvious reasons :)) and I think that NJ can beat out pretty much anyone else in the conference. Their offence is underrated, especially their top two lines, and like wmarcello said coaching could be the difference in any Devils series

very disappointed that Flyers made it in. I've had a hate on for them since they intimated and fluked their way to a 5 game rout of the Habs in 2008, when Habs were hitting 4 posts a game and Umberger would come down the ice and fart the puck thru Price's legs. I know RJ isn't there anymore, but I still hate the Flyers. The Rangers really turned it on at the end of the season, but it does look like they were outplayed in the finale and were lucky it went to a shootout. They could have capitalized at that point but failed.

Hoping for the Devils and Lemaire!

Despite them being basically my least favourite team I have to hope for an upset by the flyers, the Devils seem to be poised for a good run and I dont think theyve actually lost a game to Pittsburgh or Washington, or at least theyve dominated those season series. Then again Philly has been one of the better teams in the East in the last 2-3 years and if they get decent goaltending and not take an obscene amount of penalties and Jeff Carter isnt too injured they might win a round or 2.

Despite them being basically my least favourite team I have to hope for an upset by the flyers, the Devils seem to be poised for a good run and I dont think theyve actually lost a game to Pittsburgh or Washington, or at least theyve dominated those season series. Then again Philly has been one of the better teams in the East in the last 2-3 years and if they get decent goaltending and not take an obscene amount of penalties and Jeff Carter isnt too injured they might win a round or 2.

yeah I get your point. I certainly don't want a dep playoff run by these Devils. They've ben there too many times and can be boring to say the least. Still can't muster a ra ra for the Flyers though

Philly actually has a better D-corps with Pronger and Timonen leading the way and that loss of Oduya in the back end hurts NJ, I actually predicted the Flyers to win in 7, I know their goaltending is woeful but the extra high of winning that last game vs NYR can hopefully motivate them a bit to get a split in the first 2 games. Then they will be in the drivers seat. Forward lines actually matchup quite well and the Flyers have some good shutdown players to play vs Kovalchuk and Parise.

For what it's worth, the Flyers had no problem whatsoever with the Devils during the regular season.

Season Series: The Flyers beat the Devils five times this season (5-1-0), including three-straight games in the second half of the season. Philadelphia tallied five goals twice and outscored New Jersey 20-13 … The top point-getters for the season series were Claude Giroux (1-6--7) and Chris Pronger (0-7--7) for the Flyers and Patrik Elias (2-3--5) and Brian Rolston (1-4--5) for the Devils.

http://www.csnwashington.com/04/13/10/East...&feedID=274

Devils should have this one... Unless Marty pulls a stinker like he did in the Olympics.

Flyers have the firepower do some damage, but they're just like the Habs... Their key players aren't getting the job done.

Goaltending will be the Flyers downfall, might also be the Devils.

Archived