98 members have voted

1. 1. Where are the Habs going next?

• In an igloo?
    • On a fairway?

verizon7.png

Five Keys to the Game

canadiens.com

Getting his:
After watching Jaroslav Halak rewrite the Canadiens’ record books with a 53-save win in Game 6, Michael Cammalleri is on track to make some history of his own. With 10 points in six games so far this postseason, Cammy needs just two more to match the team-high mark of 12 playoff points currently held by six Habs Hall-of-Famers. He could join Toe Blake, Bernard Geoffrion, Dickie Moore, Yvan Cournoyer, Jacques Lemaire and Guy Lafleur (twice) with a pair of points on Wednesday night.

Closing the gap:
It may be a cliché, but anything really can happen in the playoffs. With 33 points separating the Caps and Habs in the regular season, the series kicked off featuring the fifth-largest differential in NHL history and the second in team history. The last time the Canadiens faced such a daunting task? In 1951, when Dirk Irvin’s squad upset the 36-point favorite Red Wings that spring.

Do or die:
The Canadiens will be playing their 20th Game 7 in franchise history on Wednesday night, but at least it won’t be against the Bruins for a change. The last three times Boston and Montreal have met in the postseason, the series has gone the limit. The Habs are 11-8 all-time in Game 7s, while the Capitals have a 2-6 dossier in that category.

Shots, schmots:
The Canadiens appear to have caught on to the fact that expending energy trying to out-shoot the Capitals is not the way to go. After picking each of their wins heading into Game 6 on nights they were out-shot by the Caps and losing the only game they had an edge in that department, the Habs put the theory to the test on Monday night. Despite being spectacularly out-blasted 54-22 in shots, the Habs still came out on top. Hopefully Jaroslav Halak doesn’t bruise easily.

No-vechkin:
This may sound simple enough, but not allowing Alex Ovechkin to put the puck in the net might actually be something for the Habs to look into ahead of Game 7. To say that as Ovi goes so go the Caps would be an understatement. Ovechkin has scored in four of the six games in this series with Washington going 3-1 in those contests. As for when he’s left the rink having un-lit a goal light of any kind, Ovechkin could only look on as the Canadiens were winners in both Games 1 and 6.

goalies.png

Forwards

forwards.png

Defensemen

defense.png

Cheerleaders

cheerleaders.png

Notes

Jaroslav Spacek
made the trip but it's doubtful that he'll be able to play.
Paul Mara
also made the trip but only to be around the team and cheer them on.
Jacques Martin
has not announced his lineup nor his starting goalie but chances are pretty good that it will be the same as for game 6.

This an all Habs GDT. If you want stats on the Caps, check
:P
. However, I will note that Tom Poti is out of the lineup, he received a puck in they eye and will need surgery. Also, it's still not known at this point who of Varlamov or Théo will get the nod to start in net.

Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!
Go! Habs! Go!

Once again CRB a great job on the GDT!

Alright Habs...IM SICK OF LOSING PLAYOFF SERIES'...GET IT TOGETHER...PLAY HARD, TOUGH, AND SMART HOCKEY...GIVE 'EM HELL...SEND EM PACKING...WIN THIS SERIES DAMNIT...*shakes fist* Habss <_<

Guest habs1952

You know, at first I thought we should have stayed with the youth movement and have Clues repeat her game 6 game winning thread but it looks like the old veteran CRB has come up with her own game winner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super job CRB!!!

Here's to hoping I have another thing to celebrate tomorrow...

Go Habs!!!

Jaro, may you bless us with your presence again.

And may the team play smart, play hard, and play with heart.

We know they can do it, its just a matter of gettin'. it. done.

Wonderful GDT It is really good I for one am not interested in the other teams stats I have several offerings in my mind already but this one I think is quite appropriate for the first page

You have to give credit where credit is due

These wins Jm are down to you

Some of the line changes did seem strange

But you obviously know your players range

I have to take back some of the things that i've said

Don't let this praise go to your head

I think a smile would be an advantage

Or perhaps sometime a sign of rage

For a bad call or obvious cheating

But I don't mind repeating

You have to give credit where credit is due

These wins JM are down to you

There is one thing you should say

We have to get in their zone anyway

GO HABS GO :D :D

You know, at first I thought we should have stayed with the youth movement and have Clues repeat her game 6 game winning thread but it looks like the old veteran CRB has come up with her own game winner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super job CRB!!!

The veteran actually has 2 game winners confirmed and this one will make it 3 ;)

Very excited to be a part of this fan forum. GO HABS GO!!!

Is this your first time here if so welcome we are very friendly here but there is one no no you never mention shut out during the game

TSN just asked if coyotes goalie has a little of Halak in him tonight as he has stopped 17 shots against the Redwings

TSN can't stop going on about Halak every thing the goalies do is being compared to our goalie God

What can you say about our players

When they have answered all our prayers

Now we are going to ask for more

But that's what you do of those you adore

It's game seven coming up

On our way to the cup

We know you must be tired now

But please struggle through somehow

Play with the same fire and grit

Come on lads this is it

You have been playing with such fire

Now you have to go much higher

I can't say enough about how you have played

On the line your bodies you have laid

I don't care how people criticize

Or how they talk about your size

To me you are giants in your field

So to the Caps you mustn't yield

We have everything to play for

A win this game offers so much more

A chance to meet the Pens at the igloo

The only thing you have to do

To get us there is win this game

Then we can start again

To ask so much of our lads

You can do it you are the HABS

WHEN we knock off the caps tomorrow night....screw the dress code at work :lol: ...habs jersey with draped habs flag and wearing my habs bandana.......in your face all you none believers that I work with....GO HABS! :P

heck yeah! the dress code in my office has already been revised. its black and gold day for every game we play during the week! and what makes it REALLY interesting is that my boss is from Philadelphia! yep, hes a Flyers fan! - lol! also wanted to let you guys know that the Habs are the talk of Pittsburgh! they are talking about you almost as much as they talk about us. and most all of them (the hockey writers) believe that you can do it! i do too! we are rooting for you here in Pittsburgh!

Archived