The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal Canadiens Nespapreper Clippings

kinot-1

Today My eldest daughter gave me my early fathers day gift. It was a sealed (in plastic) history of all the newspaper clippings that are all about the/our Habs. I haven't opened it yet, but I was wondering if anyone else knows about this. She said that she got it at Chapters. I am tempted to go to Chapters and buy another one as she has said that she wants to read all about them.

These are clippings from (as far as I can detect) the 30's, 40's, 50's and so on.

I can't wait to read them.

If the Mods wish to move this,,,it's OK with me. :)

Sounds very interesting....and a very thoughtful daughter you have there. :D ...very nice keeps sake gift......enjoy the reading.....feel free to pick out certain topics that really stand out to ya and relay it back here to us....if you choose. :D

I wouldn't mine getting my hands on something like that,for sure.

Very nice present indeed!

But are the clippings in English, French or even both?

I still haven't opened it yet, but on the front it has a "phony" newspaper page,,,in English, and it says

"New York Times

THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN

MONTREAL

CANADIENS

HISTORY

A COMPILATION OF HISTORIC NEWSPAPER PAGES"

After looking at the back page,,,,it shows the sports page where the main topic is the Habs,,,,,,I can also see some baseball, horse racing, basketball, and other useless stuff. The clippings are from the NY Times tho. :angry:

I will go to Chapters and see if I can find clippings from the Gazette or at least a Canadian Paper.

I will let you know what I find.

• 2 months later...

Archived