The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #3 ~ #4 Penguins @ #8 Canadiens, May 4th, 2010.

Clues

People keep chalking up the wins to Halak. Halak's role is goalie. His objective is to stop pucks. Be it easy shots or hard shots. Because he's saving them people keep saying it's Halak. There is a whole team in front of him that is playing better now than they did all season. I don't chalk the wins up to Halak's credit, maybe in Washington he went above the call of duty a few times but this team is winning because they are playing like a 'team'. I guess that's all part of the "playoffs make heroes" dribble I read. It's the fans who make people into false heroes. Look at Thomas on Boston, he was luckier than heck and everyone put him on a pedestal and this year how much have you seen of him? Not much because his luck ran out, his bubble burst and his true skills came out. I think Halak is a great goalie as I think Price is a good goalie and them along with the rest of the team will/can win the cup as a 'team'.

I just read in the Ottawa Sun that Pittsburgh cried to the officiating after the last game stating that Montreal was holding and hooking their players and nothing was called ...What a joke now just wait and see for tonights games how many calls are going to go Pittsburgh way....Unbelievable to make even that comment...

People keep chalking up the wins to Halak. Halak's role is goalie. His objective is to stop pucks. Be it easy shots or hard shots. Because he's saving them people keep saying it's Halak. There is a whole team in front of him that is playing better now than they did all season. I don't chalk the wins up to Halak's credit, maybe in Washington he went above the call of duty a few times but this team is winning because they are playing like a 'team'. I guess that's all part of the "playoffs make heroes" dribble I read. It's the fans who make people into false heroes. Look at Thomas on Boston, he was luckier than heck and everyone put him on a pedestal and this year how much have you seen of him? Not much because his luck ran out, his bubble burst and his true skills came out. I think Halak is a great goalie as I think Price is a good goalie and them along with the rest of the team will/can win the cup as a 'team'.

The team is playing as a team but the team is winning because:

1) The team is playing better than it ever did

2) Halak is standing on his head

3) Squid is scoring.

I know people don't like to give credit to Jaro but please don't be blind about it.

Caps fan here - totally devastated when they lost to the Habs, but the better team won. Please, just please, beat the Pens in the second round.

Was wondering, would most Caps fans cheer for the habs because they want the Pens out so bad or would they cheer the Pens because the Habs beat them out and they want them to perish as well? Just curious...

Was wondering, would most Caps fans cheer for the habs because they want the Pens out so bad or would they cheer the Pens because the Habs beat them out and they want them to perish as well? Just curious...

The Caps - Pens rivalry is just as intense as the Montreal - Boston or Montreal - Toronto rivalries. I seriously doubt that any Caps fan would be pulling for the Pens this series.

I'd prefer a fourth line of Darche-Metro-Moen and a scoring line of Cammalleri-Plekanec-SK. You know, playing guys in their proper roles. But hey, that's just me. :P:P

i really liked moen on the first line in the caps series. this one, i'm not sure but pouliot played a great game 2 so i'm less concerned than i was.

ak has been, imho, horrid so bumping him doesn't bother me in the least. too bad he hasn't seen it as an opportunity to make the bottom lines better...

your lines suit me fine. unfortunately, it seems martin doesn't realize sergei is still a part of the habs. :(

nervous as heck for this one (same as the others). first game at the bell for the pens. hopefully the crowd will intimidate them enough so they forget we're essentially playing three lines and two d pairings and that our best dman isn't playing...brother. it's never easy with this team.

The Caps - Pens rivalry is just as intense as the Montreal - Boston or Montreal - Toronto rivalries. I seriously doubt that any Caps fan would be pulling for the Pens this series.

That's what I figured anyway. Was just wondering away....trying to not notice the time.

Believe me, no Caps fans are supporting the Pens this series. Best-case scenario is for the Habs to win in five!

So we have others on our side then... ;)

Archived