The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Would You Rather Play The Bruins Or The Flyers?

Bruins or Flyers?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Bruins or Flyers?

• Bruins
    • Flyers

5-1 against the Bruins this year, 2-2 against the Flyers. After being swept by the Bruins last year, I want redemption and the record against them this year indicates that we play better against Boston.

So yeah, let's take out the Bruins and go to the cup.

I think the Flyers have more star power, but the Bruins are a very solid team. Not really sure who to hope for, but I just can't see the Hockey Gods not giving a Montreal - Boston series (it was probably the 90s the last time the Habs made the playoffs and didn't play the Bruins).

Great question. I just posted my thoughts on the matter somewhere else. This is probably a better spot.

Now that we're through and Boston's looking at their own game 7, I'm thinking Boston must be seriously hungry to get the job done. Everyone on that Bruins bench, and behind it, would probably Love to play the Habs for a shot at the Cup.

But if Philadelphia Beats Back the Broom, you'd almost have to wonder if a Philly/Montreal series wouldn't involve some david vs. David drama.

Interesting.

When was the last time we sat around waiting for our opponents, anyway?

And what does it matter, anyway?!?

We've staked our claim. Noone can seriously consider the Habs underdogs at this point, at least not until the Finals when maybe regular season stats might make for interesting chit chat.

I say bring 'em on whatever team comes.

Half way there.

GO HABS GO!

I think the Flyers have more star power, but the Bruins are a very solid team. Not really sure who to hope for, but I just can't see the Hockey Gods not giving a Montreal - Boston series (it was probably the 90s the last time the Habs made the playoffs and didn't play the Bruins).

2006 but with that being said I voted Philly just because seeing Boston blow a 3-0 lead would be too enjoyable.

Tough call.

Looking at it logically, I would say the Bruins give us the better chance to win:

- The goaltending is really starting to look about equal between the Bruins and Flyers. I'd give the edge to Rask, but not by too much. Both teams seem to be getting a lot of clutch goaltending.

- Offense is most definitely in favour of the Flyers.

- Defense is a little more even, but I'd give the advantage to the Flyers again with Pronger and company. Obviously Chara is a beast for Boston though.

- Coaching is also pretty even. I might give a little edge to Julien, but Laviolette is no slouch.

The Habs also fared much better in the season series against Boston.

I guess the only reason I'd pick the Flyers is because I hate them so much and I would love to see the Habs take it to them. However, logic points to the Bruins, and it's awfully hard to say no to a Bruins/Habs conference final. :)

No matter the opponent, it will be interesting to see how the Habs respond next round when they could legitimately be considered the favorites against either team. You could make an argument either way, and I'd personally think it's about even, but at the very least this will be the first series where the Habs are not overwhelmingly the underdogs.

Bruins.

The Flyers handled us all season long.

Outside of Chara, Boston's defense is nothing to write home about. They're also missing two of their top-six forwards (Sturm and Krejci) to long-term injuries.

Also, if they win game seven, their confidence will still be badly shaken from blowing a 3-0 series lead to Philadelphia. I'll take that over a miraculous Cinderella comeback which will give Philly all kinds of momentum.

Let's Go Bruins!!!

*throws up a little inside mouth, then shame-facedly proceeds to utter the same chant*

I feel sullied. Maybe I should just boo the Flyers instead.

That's better. It's not about loving the Bruins, it's about hating the Flyers. I like it.

I think the Habs are looking good either way. Jeff Carter scored two goals against us February 12th, and he's out of the playoffs. What I'm worried about is more injuries toward the cup final. I think the Hawks and Sharks are pretty healthy thus far.

Archived